View Full Version : no cut frame saver no instructions

mikedabike64
April 10th, 2014, 08:05 AM
I picked these up from eBay but they had no instructions I happen to find some online but,
Perhaps a brighter mind might have some idea ,

In picture number four they have these little extenders,

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with these particular ones ,
I understand everything except what to do with those little small pieces and number four there are two of them,

https://www.t-motorsports.com/product_images/uploaded_images/ex250-no-drill-slider-instructions-.jpg

Thanks

LittleRedNinjette
April 10th, 2014, 11:43 AM
the motor mount bolt is not in line with the openings in the plastics. the extenders will put the slider in ling with the opening.

I has one very similar on my old 250.

alex.s
April 10th, 2014, 11:50 AM
that slider will do nothing but bend in and hit your engine when you tip the bike over. its close to worthless i'm sorry to say

LittleRedNinjette
April 10th, 2014, 11:59 AM
The ones i had did very well for the handful of time it just fell over. never bent.
And after the wreck the side that hit the car was not bent. (and saved my leg from worse injury then i got) it took slamming the down and sliding 30ish feet to bend the other side.
though mine did look to be a better quality.

subxero
April 10th, 2014, 12:23 PM
the term "Frame Saver" is a bit misleading

Fairing saver might be a little more fitting.

Save your plastic replaceable fairings that help absorb impact and transfer force away from frame and engine in a crash by letting your frame take the brunt of it instead

:confused: makes sense in my head :rolleyes:

LittleRedNinjette
April 10th, 2014, 12:29 PM
For small drops they work fine. The same small drop may crack a fairing or scratch it up. I wouldn't not have them personally. Especially after not having my leg crush because of having them. IMO anyway.

I think you got bigger problems in a wreck. :p

subxero
April 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM
they are not cheap either, at least the brand name ones. Figure just save your money and you are more than half way to a new fairing if you do crack one anyway.

LittleRedNinjette
April 10th, 2014, 12:45 PM
If its a old bike I'm with you on that.

The 250 was "new off the showroom floor" in 2012.

And my 300 is a 2013 with not a mark. It came with the sliders on her, so i don't know the brand... Hmm, i should look into that.

mikedabike64
April 10th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Ok thanks guys I think I got it

EsrTek
April 10th, 2014, 08:56 PM
the term "Frame Saver" is a bit misleading

Fairing saver might be a little more fitting.

Save your plastic replaceable fairings that help absorb impact and transfer force away from frame and engine in a crash by letting your frame take the brunt of it instead

:confused: makes sense in my head :rolleyes:

I thought they were for keeping my feet propped up on during long slab runs......who knew! :doh::rotflmao: