View Full Version : Wheel Tape

jax
April 19th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Put some Kawi green wheel tape on the SO's Ninja today. It's also reflective as the 2nd photo shows

kkim
April 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
green wheel tape on a solid green 250... can't even imagine how much faster that makes it than the other 250 ninja colors. :lol:

looks great! :D

jax
April 19th, 2009, 03:04 PM
green wheel tape on a solid green 250... can't even imagine how much faster that makes it than the other 250 ninja colors. :lol:

looks great! :D

You know it does :D Thankx, she is pleased with it so I'm happy

dyeclan
April 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Look, hate to burst your bubbles, but we all know Santa's ride is red, and he can get around the whole world in one night. Maybe if you put some red rim tape on that thing and got some of the ol' Christmas magic goin, you MIGHT be able to keep up with a red bike....

Okay, feel free to shun me from this point forward, i'm running on very little sleep......:rolleyes:

kkim
April 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
where were you when santa was in Hawaii prototyping a new green sled cause the old red one just wasn't hacking it? :confused:

g21-30
April 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Yeh, but Santa really messed up when he removed Rudolph's red snorkel! :D

kkim
April 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Yes, that was bad, but Rudolf really didn't care for them trying to bolt up an Area P quite core to his exhaust flange! That was one unhappy reindeer! :eek:

g21-30
April 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Yep, the other reindeer were hoping Rudolph would get a free insert from KBryant to try and quiet his exhaust. Alas, they will have to make do with ear plugs and K&N air filters. :cool:

Sound Wave
April 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM
that green-on-green looks really nice! if they didn't go with that S/E look for 09, i would have gotten a green also.

man, your garage looks like a dealer showroom.

jax
April 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
that green-on-green looks really nice! if they didn't go with that S/E look for 09, i would have gotten a green also.

man, your garage looks like a dealer showroom.

gets kinda crowded too with 4 bikes and a couple of roll around tool boxes and lifts etc etc ;)

miks
April 20th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Looking good. Did you buy pre-curved ones and do it by hand?

SteveL
April 20th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I have just bought a set of rim tapes from Kawasaki how hard was it to put on.

Steve

Nemy
April 20th, 2009, 09:44 AM
:thumbup: for the reflective tape. Looks sweet

capt_bugaloo
April 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I just ordered some red reflective rim tape off eBay for my red '08. When it arrives I will post some pics.

Although I'm not into putting on a lot of 'farkles' I have to say the colour-matched pinstriping looks good on most bikes, and the reflective quality adds a lot of night-time visibility.

jax
April 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Looking good. Did you buy pre-curved ones and do it by hand?

they were not pre curved and I did it by hand with the wheels off and got them at http://www.tapeworks.com/

jax
April 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I have just bought a set of rim tapes from Kawasaki how hard was it to put on.

Steve

it wasn't bad really. The instructions said you could do it with the wheels on but I took them off so I could lay them on a work table and do it. Took about 90 min total taking the wheels off and putting on the tape and remounting the wheels

jax
April 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I just ordered some red reflective rim tape off eBay for my red '08. When it arrives I will post some pics.

Although I'm not into putting on a lot of 'farkles' I have to say the colour-matched pinstriping looks good on most bikes, and the reflective quality adds a lot of night-time visibility.

We thought the same thing so I will prolly get some blue tape for my gixxer with it's white wheels

Techno250
April 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Look, hate to burst your bubbles, but we all know Santa's ride is red, and he can get around the whole world in one night. Maybe if you put some red rim tape on that thing and got some of the ol' Christmas magic goin, you MIGHT be able to keep up with a red bike....

Okay, feel free to shun me from this point forward, i'm running on very little sleep......:rolleyes:

Shun the non-believer! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MegT6TNm3mE

dyeclan
April 20th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Oh man, ya busted out Charlie on me...... how sad is my life? :D

Techno250
April 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry dyeclan. Couldn't help it. :D

Anyway, the rim tape looks great, jax.

andrewwoo
April 20th, 2009, 09:25 PM
o thats not a bad and safe way to "mod" the bike