View Full Version : Color Help

Demented
April 20th, 2009, 12:21 AM
So im about to buy a 2009 Ninja 250r and i cant decide what color i want. The stealership has them all and they just all look so good! If you guys would be so nice as to post some pics of your best looking bikes that would be sweet.
I wanna see what a black one looks like with red lip tape. Thanks in advance.

kkim
April 20th, 2009, 12:30 AM
There is only one color for a 250R... Green!! :D They are the fastest of all the colors of the 250 Ninjas! :thumbup:

The other colors are from leftover paint they used to clean the spray guns after they were done spraying the green bikes. :lol:

Take a look at the bikes in the "pictures" section.

Demented
April 20th, 2009, 12:37 AM
If your bike is the one in the sig, then it looks hott with those polished wheels!

kkim
April 20th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Like I said, take a look in the pictures section of the site to see a lot of great looking bikes here. :)

Good luck with your selection... buy the one that screams out to you, "Take me home!!" :D

The 250R looks great in all the colors they offer... some are just faster than the other colors. (hint... green) :p

ninjablk08
April 20th, 2009, 12:48 AM
green is a nice color but black and green is better

dyeclan
April 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
The red has grown on me now that I've blacked most of it out. In all honesty, the 08 green was the one that looked best, then black in my mind. I"m not nuts about the SE or the blue. The green looked like it was glowing, it was pretty badass. I just tell Kelly it's slower because it's fun to do that.

athimmel
April 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I have to say...I love the blue. I had the choice of green or blue from the dealership I chose, but I could have taken red or black from a different one. When I saw the blue in person, I was sold.

Only one problem...my brother in law in France said that Kawasakis are not supposed to be any color but green! I told him to get with the times, and feel the speed of the BLUE!

capt_bugaloo
April 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Did you check with the dealership to see what they actually have to sell?
When I went to get mine, they had two greens and two reds parked out front. I wanted blue the most - but Canada didn't get blue the first year. :o

I went in and asked for green - but the dealership told me that three of the four were already sold, and it was either red or nothing.

Oh well, at least it's not black....

talldrink
April 20th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I have to say...I love the blue. I had the choice of green or blue from the dealership I chose, but I could have taken red or black from a different one. When I saw the blue in person, I was sold.

Only one problem...my brother in law in France said that Kawasakis are not supposed to be any color but green! I told him to get with the times, and feel the speed of the BLUE!

+1 :thumbup:

Alex
April 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Seems to me you'd live up to your username if you chose anything other than red. :rotflmao:

Snake
April 20th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Blue is the best looking and fastest color.

sometimesido
April 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
oh, here we go again with the color wars.
I swear we're going to have games involving colors in future ninjette.org meets.

py2e
April 20th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I like the special edition green one, but all they had at my dealership was black.

py2e
April 20th, 2009, 03:57 PM
oh, here we go again with the color wars.
I swear we're going to have games involving colors in future ninjette.org meets.

I feel bad for that one guy with the white bike... :D

Buffalony
April 20th, 2009, 04:03 PM
The first time I saw a ninjette in person it was a blue one I was in awe.
I didnt want blue though,wanted red, black or white cause they were my faves.
Well ugly green was the only option. It grew on me VERY quickly. I had alot of compliments on the color before it grew on me and still get em. Sure I'd get them no matter what color, but theres something about that green. Its seems like its hue changes more drastically given a different light instead of just being a lighter or darker version of the same thing. Cant explain it sorry.
Go green. Company color :D

Nemy
April 20th, 2009, 08:10 PM
IMHO the best colors are green, black and white... so that's why I got the special edition! :D:rolleyes:

But seriously... kawi's should be green! The SE needs getting used to though - when I first saw pics I thought it was ugly. But the more I saw it, the more I liked it... then I saw it in person and I fell in love. The other colors now just seem so plain... and slow :D

Sound Wave
April 20th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I wanna see what a black one looks like with red lip tape. Thanks in advance.

end of discussion!!!! :D demented is getting black!!! (the last one would have been a really nice shot if i had remembered not to use flash.... i have reflective strips)

paterick4o8
April 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I've got blue and I rep it proud!

but I say go with the SE, the other cool color they offer :)

Verus Cidere
April 20th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Blue is the way to go! It's much faster than the other colors. I've gotten tons of compliments on my blue bike! But really, why would you want the second fastest color when you can have the fastest? ;) IMO, take Adam's, Deb's, Rick's, Patrick's, and my advice. Stick with BLUE!!!

PS: CP and CT BLUE are also company colors! :rolleyes:

Demented
April 20th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Nice soundwave! love that. Im torn between Red with Gold lip, Blue with Gold lip, and Black with red or gold. GAH i hate this, im about to draw from a hat lmfao.

Demented
April 20th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I havent seen any sick blue ones really. just stock.

Sound Wave
April 20th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I havent seen any sick blue ones really.
because they don't exist. lol. just playing.

btw, thanks. :)

Verus Cidere
April 20th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Stock BLUE vs. stock green, BLUE wins out! I'd say look at mine, since it's somewhat decked out, but you're looking for a newgen! :rolleyes: (I'll still have a better top end :p) But the simple fact of the matter is, the other bikes have to do more with themselves to compensate for the fact that they're just not BLUE! ;)

muffinman
April 20th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Kawasaki's ("Team Green") are meant to be green. /End

Demented
April 20th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Is there no representation for red lol? Must be the slowest color

kkim
April 20th, 2009, 11:29 PM
GREEN
blue, black, and here comes red

:lol:

Sound Wave
April 20th, 2009, 11:33 PM
this is a pointless thread. or at least it has become one. lol

KVR
April 20th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Ya'll haven't even seen my bike yet. LOL!

Demented
April 20th, 2009, 11:53 PM
For real, i wanted to see some good pictures of the diff colors and bang i got a which color is the fastest thread. Party foul!

Sound Wave
April 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM
doesn't take much for a "my color is the fastest" fight to break out.

Demented
April 21st, 2009, 12:01 AM
Lol is this a running argument? LMFAO

Sound Wave
April 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM
you are catching on. lol

as soon as i saw your thread title, i was like "oh oh, here we go" :D

Nemy
April 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
alright alright... if it's pictures you want... here's green and what you can do with it.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6079/bigkawasakininja250rse0.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/619/img2udv.jpg

Rynownd
April 21st, 2009, 12:41 PM
I havent seen any sick blue ones really. just stock.

This one is not stock: :cool:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/ecstasyofgold/DSCN0736.jpg

My future plans (minus yellow headlight, fender, and front graphics. Plus Protons and one unmentioned mod ;)):
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/ecstasyofgold/dscf0888-2.jpg

Techno250
April 21st, 2009, 01:13 PM
Why BLUE is fastest:

If you look at a NASA color chart (http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/EDDOCS/Wavelengths_for_Colors.html), you'll see that blue has a shorter wavelength than green, and especially red, which has the longest wavelength. If we then recall our high school physics, we know that shorter wavelength = higher frequency. Frequency = vibration. Blue has faster vibrations than green and especially red. So Blue is the fastest of all colors except purple, and since Kawasaki doesn't make purple bikes then we don't care anyway.

If you want the fastest possible ninjette, then you have to get blue. Don't get black for sure, because black has no wavelength at all, so it's like it's not even moving.

:p

PitBull
April 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM
A dark purple ninja would be sweet....

komohana
April 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM
not gonna pressure ya none...a color selection is most important. good luck! :rolleyes:

Demented
April 21st, 2009, 11:38 PM
lol im getting white!

SteveL
April 22nd, 2009, 12:37 AM
The green one has the best visibility which means it’s the safest on the road

Steve

Buffalony
April 22nd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Why BLUE is fastest:

If you look at a NASA color chart (http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/EDDOCS/Wavelengths_for_Colors.html), you'll see that blue has a shorter wavelength than green, and especially red, which has the longest wavelength. If we then recall our high school physics, we know that shorter wavelength = higher frequency. Frequency = vibration. Blue has faster vibrations than green and especially red. So Blue is the fastest of all colors except purple, and since Kawasaki doesn't make purple bikes then we don't care anyway.

If you want the fastest possible ninjette, then you have to get blue. Don't get black for sure, because black has no wavelength at all, so it's like it's not even moving.

:p

http://www.techsmash.com/wp-content/uploads/nasa_logo.jpg

Green was too fast for their logo.:D
I believe according to your theory, red would be the fastest. Because it has higher frequency:)

on another note I found this wiki. Scroll down to the section titled "Color in the Eye"
and read it...it pretty cool. According to that Violet ,Green, and Yellowish Green are the fastest:)
Oh yeah.. please open the picture up full resolution and look around at the different squares for a sec..It plays with your eyes..thought that was pretty fun.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color

Remember how in grade school they teach the primary colors ROY G BIV.:D

Heres a little experiment for us to think about:Dhttp://www.stemnet.nf.ca/d6vsatf2000/s1/Project6/index.html

The green one has the best visibility which means it’s the safest on the road

Steve
Good point. I have thought about this in the past. Its hard enough to stare at in broad daylight, let alone miss it.lol

Rynownd
April 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
lol im getting white!

White is not a factory color. Always hard to judge sarcasm around these parts, but every white bike you have seen is custom paint.

BTW green may be easiest to see for some because it's so bright, but red/green color blindness is the most common. Also, when riding against a green (grass/trees/plants in general) background, it becomes much more difficult to see the contrast.

Buffalony
April 22nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
White is not a factory color. Always hard to judge sarcasm around these parts, but every white bike you have seen is custom paint.

BTW green may be easiest to see for some because it's so bright, but red/green color blindness is the most common. Also, when riding against a green (grass/trees/plants in general) background, it becomes much more difficult to see the contrast.

Man o man. Everyone is a challenge around here:D

I understand what your saying, but people with red/green color blindness actually have a talent when it comes to contrast.
"Anomalous Trichromats are often able to readily spot camouflage clothing, netting, and paint that has been designed for individuals with color-normal vision. They tend to learn to see texture and shape. This lets them see through some camouflage patterns.":rolleyes:

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness "Misconceptions and compensations" :)

Rynownd
April 22nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Man o man. Everyone is a challenge around here:D

I understand what your saying, but people with red/green color blindness actually have a talent when it comes to contrast.
"Anomalous Trichromats are often able to readily spot camouflage clothing, netting, and paint that has been designed for individuals with color-normal vision. They tend to learn to see texture and shape. This lets them see through some camouflage patterns.":rolleyes:

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness "Misconceptions and compensations" :)

Well, I guess green bikes will be going nice and slow... that will give those colorblind people plenty of time to use their texture and shape superpowers to spot the shape of the bike. :happy20:

Techno250
April 22nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
believe according to your theory, red would be the fastest. Because it has higher frequency:)

Ya making me bust out math. :p

Wave length and frequency are inversely related by this equation: f = c / λ where f = frequency, c = speed of light, λ = wavelength. Thus:

Red = wavelength 620 - 650 nm, or frequency of 400 - 484 THz

Blue = wavelength 450 - 495 nm, or frequency of 606 - 668 THz

606 > 495.

BLUE IS FASTEST! JEEZ!

(and bold and huge type is louder. :D and I'm too much of a geek. I know. I need to shut up before I say something silly.)

Buffalony
April 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Ya making me bust out math. :p

Wave length and frequency are inversely related by this equation: f = c / λ where f = frequency, c = speed of light, λ = wavelength. Thus:

Red = wavelength 620 - 650 nm, or frequency of 400 - 484 THz

Blue = wavelength 450 - 495 nm, or frequency of 606 - 668 THz

606 > 495.

BLUE IS FASTEST! JEEZ!

(and bold and huge type is louder. :D and I'm too much of a geek. I know. I need to shut up before I say something silly.)

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=73625&page=2 LOL

this doesnt end. :o

Reds straighter to the point..hehe

Demented
April 22nd, 2009, 11:51 PM
haha kidding on the white. Remind me not to start a war in my next Thread!

sombo
April 23rd, 2009, 01:49 AM
Yah, sorry Demented, you kinda opened up a can of worms with that question lol. Well you didn't know so don't fret it.

Also coming from an electronics background with focus in the RF field I can fully back techno on the frequencies of the different colors. They rate the color spectrum on it's frequency, the higher the frequency the shorter the wave length.

It starts with infra red and goes up to ultra violet with the visible ones falling in between. So, sorry to say that the 'speed' factor would be listed as such from slowest to fastest:

red - slowest
yellow - only applies to "F" series bikes (aka first/pre-gen)
green - sorry kkim, yours isn't the fastest
blue - fastest by default from the lack of violet being an option

Two 'colors' that don't factor in are the black bikes and the custom painted white bikes. With white being the combination of all colors in the light spectrum it could be said to be the fastest and the slowest at the same time. You could also argue that black is either too slow to matter or too fast for anyone to even see. You could say that all the other colors are drawn to you the same way that NOTHING escapes a 'black' hole. :p :D

Buffalony
April 23rd, 2009, 08:10 AM
I think its safe to say from the lot:

Blue - if you have a lot of twisties to deal with on a day to day basis.

Red - if its theres alot of straight riding. point a - b little to no twisties. Its the least easiest to bend in turns cause its such a beast on the straights

Green - right in the middle. Meaning its the jack of all trades. For the most intense riding experience go with the most intense color.

Green .... winner:D

Black - only good for being sneaky.:D
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SZ3SzVaLxLI/AAAAAAAACu4/OY_vl57gt_U/s320/Emilio.jpg

girlygirl69
May 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM
well here in Canada its very hard to find the 250R cause they get snatched up so fast but if i had to pick i will say black it goes with everything, but my bike is blue and that would be my second choice. good luck with your decision

ninjabrewer
May 1st, 2009, 09:39 PM
of this one, although I like to throw comments in on these (blue...) threads. You know the threads (blue is....), those threads that get members (blue is the....) dander up and starts pushing them into (blue is the sexiest....) opposite corners and choosing up sides (blue is the sexiest color...) so now we have normally calm, cool and collect (blue is the sexiest color for...) people coming out of the (blue is the sexiest color for a ....) woodwork to put there :2cents: in the discussion (blue is the sexiest color for a bike....) to make sure that there opinions are heard and we all (blue is the sexiest color for a bike....period) know what they say about opinions. So, I am staying out of this discussion.

:rolleyes:

nb

Buffalony
May 2nd, 2009, 06:23 AM
They're all green underneath! :grouphug:

Go ahead guys, scratch ur paint an see for yourself... :devil:
:happy60:

JaeL
May 2nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
I feel bad for that one guy with the white bike... :D

I am my own Army!

Nemy
May 2nd, 2009, 09:09 AM
They're all green underneath! :grouphug:

Go ahead guys, scratch ur paint an see for yourself... :devil:
:happy60:

ROFL :rofl::rotflmao:

BlueRaven
May 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
isnt a true ninja black so it can sneak up on its victims without being noticed. i wanted the blue originally but i couldnt decide between blue and black. since i couldnt compare them side by side cause of the lack of bike around here i told the dealership which ever one comes in first in your next shipment i will take. the red had been sitting there for over a month. no one wants red around here.

Buffalony
May 3rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
isnt a true ninja black so it can sneak up on its victims without being noticed. i wanted the blue originally but i couldnt decide between blue and black. since i couldnt compare them side by side cause of the lack of bike around here i told the dealership which ever one comes in first in your next shipment i will take. the red had been sitting there for over a month. no one wants red around here.

Yes this is true. The Ninja have only recently become opposed by Soccer moms and UPS Drivers. They are fierce opponents. Not as fierce as Tired Tractor Trailor drivers. :D

BlueRaven
May 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
i may be tired but i still have some fight left in me. :boxing:

Strider
May 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
I myself plan to go Green in 2010 :)

KVR
June 19th, 2009, 06:09 PM
It's been a minute since I've been on this forum.

miks
June 19th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I like the pink ones.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2154/2467276157_71df6c105f.jpg

Sound Wave
June 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I like the pink ones.

why am i not surprised?

:D lol. just playing man!!!

miks
June 19th, 2009, 10:15 PM
why am i not surprised?

:D lol. just playing man!!!

:iamwithstupid:

:ban:

:hellokitty:

2WheelGuy
June 19th, 2009, 10:48 PM
YELLOW is the fastest color (everyone knows that) but since Kawasaki is holding off on the best color your only choice is GREEN

lockie
June 20th, 2009, 08:23 AM
And it Probably shouldn't. I suggest we have a duel. Paint cans at 50 feet.

I chose blue 'cause it looked the best, plain and simple. Just sit back and imagine what looks best for you and go with it. I've yet to hear of anyone going back to the dealer to get another color.

Take Care

want1sobad
June 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
demented - check this out for some ideas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8348150@N08/?saved=1

jdkvice
June 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Some of those look really nice!

welcome2thedawn
September 29th, 2009, 03:37 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dCCrVW-VwLg/SmMxM3c_s6I/AAAAAAAAAAs/JWwz17uktI4/s1600-h/ninja-250r-pink-modif-hashide.jpg