View Full Version : airbox realignment problems after carb removal

Akane
April 15th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Hi guys, I took my carbs out to see if they needed to be cleaned and went through the steps in taking it out (removed the battery, battery box and pushed the airbox back. I'm installing everything and ran into a small problem. I am having the hardest time getting the airbox to line up with the bracket that sits above it (the bracket the gas tank bolts to) I have pushed and pulled it to the front of the bike as hard as I could and cant get it to budge anymore. The way its sitting now it wont line up correctly and its blocking the lid that goes on top of the battery. I've included a pic of whats not wanting to line up. I'm sure its something easy that I've overlooked but I cant figure it out.

cuong-nutz
April 15th, 2014, 12:28 PM
You have to make sure that the carb is seated properly into the boots on the engine cylinder head and the boots on the airbox. If they are not seated, than they will hold you up from doing so. Also, there's an oil drain tube from the crankcase hosing under the airbox that attaches to the left lower section of the airbox.

Akane
April 15th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, I got the issue solved.