View Full Version : Progrip grips questions!!!

Ninja007
April 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM
So I ordered some Progrip Superbike Simple 600 grips‏ from motosport.com in preparation for the Woodcraft clip-on install :thumbup: When the grips arrived today, I noticed something strange, one of the grips was thicker than the other. The hole sizes on the two grips were different, one was slightly bigger. On the inner end of the grips, one says "24" and one says "22". Sounds like two different sizes to me...So finally rolling around to my question: is this normal? I thought they were supposed to be the same size, but maybe I'm wrong. If anyone has bought Progrip grips for their bike, could you please share what you have and if they are the same sizes or if one's bigger? Here are some pics to help clarify what I'm saying. Thanks so much everyone!

dyeclan
April 20th, 2009, 03:11 PM
The skinny one is for the left hand side, the fat one is for the throttle side. You'll see when you get the old grips off.

Ninja007
April 20th, 2009, 03:21 PM
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't know for sure. Makes sense tho. Wow, now I feel dumb. :angry7: ...pitiful. Thanks man! Whew! Now I don't have to send them back.:D also, dyeclan, diggin' the decal on the bike! what is it? more pics. maybe? :)

HKr1
April 20th, 2009, 04:24 PM
^ You Washington guys :D

dyeclan
April 20th, 2009, 04:40 PM
ha. actually, there's pics in the pics section. it's the gear of war logo. not done yet, should be done this week. i'll get more pix when it's actually done right. :D

Ninja007
April 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM
ha. actually, there's pics in the pics section. it's the gear of war logo. not done yet, should be done this week. i'll get more pix when it's actually done right. :D

went and checked it out, lookin' sick man! I like it a lot! very unique. :thumbup:

ninjabrewer
April 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Curious about those grips, let me know how you like them and if they are what you were expecting. I have been thinking about getting me a set.

nb

Ninja007
April 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
can do. :)

Mo1981
April 21st, 2009, 08:34 AM
I put the same grips on when I installed my Woodcraft clip-ons. I am very happy with them as they do a great job of killing vibrations.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM
I have a set of progrips also. Picked them up off ebay for like $6. They are 100X more comfortable than the stock grips. I'll probably be putting some clip ons soon so hopefully I can reuse the same ones.