View Full Version : Perfect Harmony

sombo
April 20th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Ok, after posting that other video I thought I'd sorta redeem myself with something truthful to the title.

Normally I'm more into metal and hard rock. However, I also love Celtic and Classical music along with songs done in near perfect harmony. To me there's just something moving and magical about voices singing in harmony that even the most macho of guys can be touched by no matter what they try and say. I discovered this group on a PBS special when I was TDY in Ft Hood Texas and just couldn't get enough of them. They sing with such beauty it would be the Sirens of Greek Mythology to shame.

If you like what you hear and see I can post more. This video is of a song done in such perfect harmony it brings a chill to the bone. I present Celtic Woman:

I5T6gyCPDvM

TnNinjaGirl
April 20th, 2009, 09:51 PM
woah... chills...

Apex
April 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM
I have seen them in concert since their first visit to the USA, back in 2006. They have had 3 tours, and I've been at each. I have every CD and DVD. I was 2nd row, center stage this last concert. That video includes two former members. The redhead is Orla, and the blonde with short hair is Meav. They are no longer with the group. Lisa is the brunette (who is not in that video) and Chloe is the young lady.

Left to right in that video:
Haley (guest appearance for that concert), Chloe, Orla, Meav.

Orla and Meav have been replaced by Alex and Lynn.

I actually met Chloe (who is my favorite) and Alex this past Friday night. They are so sweet. Chloe will sit there and talk talk talk. We both talked about Ireland (where she is from and where I visited). Hard to believe she is only 19. :D She has the best voice in the group.

I told my wife if Chloe came up to me and said "come with me", I'd be so gone. She gets a kick out it. lol

Mairead is the fiddle player in the group. She is really good.

Apex
April 21st, 2009, 07:21 PM
I also can't get enough of Celtic/Irish music.

This is Lisa:
zo5n0HwaRmQ

And my favorite singer, Chloe:
sASfv9EEhrw

Other suggestions:
The Corrs
High Kings
Celtic Thunder

There are tons more than those, just a few off the top of my head.

sombo
April 22nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
This is my favorite song done by Chloe. I found other versions of this song by other artists on youtube but all pale in comparison to her singing it.

fl-iM8kpiuE

Buffalony
April 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
snyc that track up with a windshield cam vid, add some some ride by shots of the 2fiddy :) Bamm....Perfect

Rynownd
April 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Beautiful girls with beautiful voices.

Buffalony
April 23rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
All they need are wings

sombo
April 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
snyc that track up with a windshield cam vid, add some some ride by shots of the 2fiddy :) Bamm....Perfect

Well to all those out there who can and do make videos, there's the challenge for ya. Let's see who can come up with something good to the "Walking on the Air" song from Chloe Agnew.

Buffalony
April 24th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Well to all those out there who can and do make videos, there's the challenge for ya. Let's see who can come up with something good to the "Walking on the Air" song from Chloe Agnew.

:thumbup: I'd like to see an attempt at it

I'd love to try myself. I've never done any video editing. I might attempt this summer. Don't know where to start! Sure I can figure it out (google:) ).