View Full Version : Some of you may remember me

Daeldren
April 21st, 2009, 10:14 PM
I used to be on Kawiforums a while back when I originally got into motorcycling, I rode a 08 Candy Plasma Blue 250r with a FMF exhaust. After the ninja was taken from me :pout:, I then moved on to a 09 Yammi YZF-R6S which was a fantastic supersport but it also got taken from me recently :pout:

Yeah my luck sucks ass, especially since I was laid off about a month ago as well. Anyways my reason for coming here was that KKIM invited me to this site and I have a few friends who post here as well. Im actually considering going back to a 250r, hopefully it wont be too long.

Now my reasons for going back to the 250, the 600 was fantastic and I will always love any race replica bike. But I felt that I was getting lazy with my riding abilities by relying to much on the 600's throttle and power. Now you most likely realize that a supersport is hard to max out on the street legally with their top end being around 160mph its just not sane to really push those bikes outside of the track. I found myself being faster through corners on the 250 and actually feel like I could improve my speed by moving back to a smaller bike.

It will probably be a little while before Im back on the road as I need to get a job first, so in the meantime I guess I will hang around and be entertained here :D

thanks again for inviting me KKIM

Alex
April 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM
:welcome:

ninjabrewer
April 21st, 2009, 10:54 PM
and welcome back to the world of motorcyclist.

nb

komohana
April 21st, 2009, 10:57 PM
howzit! aloha & welcome to the forum :yo:

kkim
April 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM
Aloha and welcome, Ken.

You'll find the people here friendly and helpful. Man, you've had some bad luck lately... may I suggest you start off with the joke thread to cheer you up? :D

Settle in, make yourself comfy and hopefully we can help convince you to go back to a 250 real soon!

BTW, what type of work do you do?? Perhaps someone here might have a connection... you never know.

mahalo
:)

BlueTyke
April 22nd, 2009, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Snake
April 22nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Welcome, good to have ya here.

Daeldren
April 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

KKIM I was working as a Maintenance Tech for a automotive plastic injection company, I have a degree in Industrial Automation (Allen Bradley PLC programming, electronic control systems troubleshooting and repair and general mechanical and hydraulic knowledge.) I would definitely appreciate any job leads if anybody here has some contacts.

KJohnson21
April 22nd, 2009, 12:38 PM

sometimesido
April 22nd, 2009, 08:59 PM

islanderman7
April 22nd, 2009, 09:06 PM

TnNinjaGirl
April 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
KEN!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see the R6 didn't kill you. Great news. That 250 is super nice. Glad you came back for the love of the sport. Group ride sometime? I think so. Seriously though, I hope times get better, they will. Keep your head up and enjoy the ride.

Buffalony
April 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Welcome kenny.

Note to self: Dont leave bike alone in simpsonville..LOL

Daeldren
April 23rd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Im starting to wonder if there isn't a big ring going around where they are shipping parts out of Charleston

TnNinjaGirl
April 23rd, 2009, 05:47 PM
If they are let me know because I'd love to get my hands on that r6 you had. It was purdy.

Daeldren
April 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Can I higher Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan? They would bust this case wide open

Daeldren
April 27th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Yay, got a job offer today, Ill keep you guys updated once I finalize everything

Strider
April 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Good Luck on the job offer ... and :welcome: aboard!

Sound Wave
April 29th, 2009, 01:06 AM
hey kenneth welcome. when you say your 2 bikes were "taken", do you mean stolen? or repo'ed from the bank? in either case, that sucks.

congrats on the new job. looks like your luck is taking a positive turn. :)

GreezMunky
April 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
or repo'ed from the bank? in either case, that sucks.

Yep, ya gotta watch out for us repo people.. We can be a scary bunch, especially the female kind.. :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3636/3487085010_a5202bbbeb.jpg?v=0

And welcome to the OP.. :welcome:

noche_caliente
May 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome! :wave:

Daeldren
May 2nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
No neither one was repo'ed I have never been that far behind on my bills at any point in my life. Besides I would eat ramen noodles every day if it meant I got to keep the bike.

Thanks for the warm wishes.

Buffalony
May 3rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
No neither one was repo'ed I have never been that far behind on my bills at any point in my life. Besides I would eat ramen noodles every day if it meant I got to keep the bike.

Thanks for the warm wishes.

I've been fond of the Roast Beef flavor lately :D