View Full Version : This is why I went with integrated signals (New Mod)

Apex
April 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
CW fender elimination kit. Fitment and quality is top notch. No issues at all. It was easy to install and looks great to boot!

I think the bike looks SOO much better.

Before:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=135&pictureid=1310

After:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=135&pictureid=1380

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=135&pictureid=1381

(EDIT: Rehosted the pics on the forum)

sharky nrk
April 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
very big improvement

Grn99Kawi
April 22nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
looks great!

sometimesido
April 22nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
looks good, but I'm afraid to ask for the price.

komohana
April 22nd, 2009, 07:23 PM
i was fortunate enuff to have this mod installed on my '03 when i bought it. have ordered the amber turn signal lenses recently, should be in soon. looks good :thumbup:

Apex
April 22nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
looks good, but I'm afraid to ask for the price.
$90. It was made out of stainless, that stuff is expensive. No rigging required, just bolt and go.

Verus Cidere
April 22nd, 2009, 09:08 PM
Yup. This is a great product. I really like how it turned out on my bike too. Nice job! :D

BlueTyke
April 23rd, 2009, 06:53 AM
Did it take away any of the 'trunk' space? I like having the turn signals next to the break light...

Though mine was mainly kept like this because in California there is a regulation that states your blinkers must be 12 or more inches apart... Phil found that out the hard way :o

Cali619
April 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
looks nice, I like the turn signals in the body work style.

Verus Cidere
April 23rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
This mod actually gives you a bit more trunk space. And, it comes with brackets to allow you to mount your stock signals on it. It doesn't work for the '07 ninjettes, because of their slightly different turn signal style, (or so says the comp werkes site) but for yours Sunny, it'll work just fine! :D

PS -- I'll try to get a pic of the elim with these brackets, as I left them on for looks. I'll get on that ASAP, but I gotta go to school now! :rolleyes:

Apex
April 23rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Did it take away any of the 'trunk' space? I like having the turn signals next to the break light...

Though mine was mainly kept like this because in California there is a regulation that states your blinkers must be 12 or more inches apart... Phil found that out the hard way :o
I gained extra room under the seat. :D

I have plenty of room for my spare bulbs and my disc lock. Previously it would BARELY fit in there.

Snake
April 23rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Looks great.

Sound Wave
April 25th, 2009, 12:50 AM
i really like that integrated turn signal look. very clean.

komohana
April 25th, 2009, 11:29 PM
well...
i recieved my order from D2moto friday afternoon, but much to my dismay, they sent me the SMOKE colored lenses instead of the AMBER ones i wanted.
:(
will initiate return/exchange and .... standby. :bored:

Apex
April 26th, 2009, 07:19 AM
well...
i recieved my order from D2moto friday afternoon, but much to my dismay, they sent me the SMOKE colored lenses instead of the AMBER ones i wanted.
:(
will initiate return/exchange and .... standby. :bored:
Ooops! Those are easy to mix up sometimes.

Hope it gets taken care of quickly.

komohana
April 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Ooops! Those are easy to mix up sometimes.

yeah they are....they're marked with the same part number actually, or so it seems so looking at the product wrapping, with a side note of what the actual type/color it is.
no problem...since owning the bike, umm..aug. makes one year, this is the first internet purchase that warrants a return...one out of...umm...20 maybe?

knock on wood!! :hitself:

Snake
May 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM
I just shaved my fender but I like the the fact that you get a little more "trunk" space with the CW fender eliminator.

jonb08
May 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Heyyy where'd you get the lights idea from anyway?? :D

Looks great!! Now you just need to get the Asian Cycle turn signals.

komohana
May 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM
okay...so d2moto.com sent me the RIGHT lenses before i was able to send them back the wrong order. (cool beans!)
anyway...will post pic i took after i'm home frm work today..

komohana
May 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
sorry this took a few days to post...

Apex
May 10th, 2009, 01:10 PM
sorry this took a few days to post...
Lookin' good!

komohana
May 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM
thanx!...they were red, and i recently did a safety check before May and was suprised the service station dude asked me about the rear turn signal colors AFTER he realized i actually HAD rear turn signals. :o

aloha

notsofast
May 19th, 2013, 10:03 AM
...in California there is a regulation that states your blinkers must be 12 or more inches apart... Phil found that out the hard way :o

been looking all morning, can someone confirm this? plz post a link =]
thanks!

lgk
May 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
thanks!

its not a CA law but a Federal NHTSA Reg.
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=r49CFR571.108

djjontran
June 12th, 2013, 07:50 AM
thanks!

Here's one from the CHP
http://www.chp.ca.gov/publications/pdf/chp888.pdf

If you scroll down to page 3 under "Turn Signal" it states

"The lamps shall project white or amber light to the front and red or amber light to the rear."

So it looks like red turn signals for the rear are legal.

notsofast
June 12th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I am definitely considering this mod. I really prefer not to have chopped the OEM fender and not have it if I ever need to sell my ride.

Considering this one: http://www.saylorspecialties.com/fendereliminator.html

If anyone has any experience with this manufacturer, let me know. =]

iplante
June 15th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Personally, I prefer adding extra brake lights in the pods for extra visibility. I used small cateye turn signals with my fender elimination and it looks very clean. Plus, they are far enough apart to be legal.

iplante
June 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
I am definitely considering this mod. I really prefer not to have chopped the OEM fender and not have it if I ever need to sell my ride.

Considering this one: http://www.saylorspecialties.com/fendereliminator.html

If anyone has any experience with this manufacturer, let me know. =]

That's what I used and its great. Go for it

notsofast
June 15th, 2013, 07:32 AM
That's what I used and its great. Go for it
Thanks! I was watching your build thread, someday Id love to restore my bike like that. so clean!

iplante
June 15th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks! I was watching your build thread, someday Id love to restore my bike like that. so clean!

Oh man. I have an update coming. You won't believe what happened. Stay tuned :)

felo
June 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
you still need to put some integrated signals in the front also