View Full Version : GoPro Wide Camera Test

kappuru
April 22nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
sUUxydwEnQo

Just a quick test I shot today on the 2fiddy around town. Pretty nice little camera, I can't wait to get some footage of me pushing the bike.

Rynownd
April 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Sweeeet... in for more!

sometimesido
April 22nd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Nice edit!
what is the name of the track?
also, it'd be nice to hear the sound of the engine once in a while when full throttle.

OldGuy
April 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Nice job Israel - how many minutes of raw footage to get your 1+ minutes of final cut?

Visus
April 22nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Very nice! I want to get one of those.

kappuru
April 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Nice job Israel - how many minutes of raw footage to get your 1+ minutes of final cut?

about 5-6 minutes. it really was just a quick test. took about 25 minutes to edit.

sometimesido
April 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
i meant the song :D

kappuru
April 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
i meant the song :D

You can grab the song here :
http://tokyomg.com/mp3s/03%20Fate.mp3

it's actually from Toonami from about.. oh.. 6-7 years ago.

sometimesido
April 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks!

Broom
April 22nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
nice editing.

i've got my new gopro sitting here in my gear bag, but haven't got to use it yet. headed to the kart track on a motard kx60 this weekend and hope to get some good mini bike footage :D

P1NDLESK1N
April 22nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
...it's actually from Toonami from about.. oh.. 6-7 years ago.

I thought it sounded familiar!

KnoxNinja
April 23rd, 2009, 05:17 AM
Nice editing. Those things are so much fun to fool with! I lost my first one a month or two ago in an "aerial photography mishap" and I just got my second one a couple weeks ago. My recommendations:

Rechargeable NiMH batteries - Or rechargeable lithium-ion if you can find them. I was unable to find rechargeable Li-Ion in the right voltage. 1.7v batteries may damage it. I use Energizer NiMH rechargeables and I can fill up the 2GB card easily without having to change them.

Use the LO sound setting. It does muffle the sound quite a bit, but it's far better than the constant crackling noise you'll get with the HI setting. Just amp the volume with your editing software.

Tie a short string to the top lock/release on the camera case, and run the other end to your frame or another solid part of the bike. The suction mount is strong, but it can fail under the right circumstances and it only takes one time! It's better to look down and see it dangling from a string rather than missing completely.

Make sure the surface you stick it to is clean, flat, and glossy. The suction mount does not like primer or really dirty paint.

Make sure the bolts on the mount hinges are good and tight. I've had one vibrate loose and fly off before, which nearly caused me to lose the camera during a ride.

One thing I'm going to try with mine next time I have it out in bad weather is a coat of Rain-X. We'll see how that goes.

I've seen a lot people on here getting these... maybe this should be a sticky in the vid section?

TnNinjaGirl
April 23rd, 2009, 06:19 AM
You've got some catching up to do Jimi, that was some sweet editing.

xTKx
April 24th, 2009, 12:32 PM
+1 kappuru sweet vid man! :thumbup: Can't wait to see more!

Beast
April 24th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Awesome! I think I need to buy one of those kits :) NOW.

Viper-Byte
April 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hmm, that is just so tempting to get me one! Birthday is coming up in a couple of months, Hmm :D

Nice video! :thumbup:

KnoxNinja
April 24th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I just bought an Aiptek HD-A Pro as well to complement my GoPro Wide. It's not an indestructible "mount anywhere" cam like the GoPro but it will shoot in 1080P, and even 60fps at 720P for some awesome slo-mo shots. Should add variety. I'll let you guys know how I like it in a couple weeks.

kkim
April 24th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I just bought an Aiptek HD-A Pro as well to complement my GoPro Wide. It's not an indestructible "mount anywhere" cam like the GoPro but it will shoot in 1080P, and even 60fps at 720P for some awesome slo-mo shots. Should add variety. I'll let you guys know how I like it in a couple weeks.

I'd be very interested to hear what you think of that camera after you live with it awhile. :)

ninjabrewer
April 24th, 2009, 10:37 PM
whoa, cool ride, love it, great job on the editing. That could very easily be a Kawa ad.

nb

KnoxNinja
April 25th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I'd be very interested to hear what you think of that camera after you live with it awhile. :)

Haha... that almost sounded like you've had some negative experience with it. We'll see. Even if I don't like it, it only set me back 150 with shipping. I'm taking it to Vegas next weekend so rest assured it will be put through its paces.

paterick4o8
May 6th, 2009, 01:15 AM
cool video for cruising. btw is that your chin strap unbuckled while riding?

Apex
May 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM
cool video for cruising. btw is that your chin strap unbuckled while riding?
I sometimes catch myself doing that on occasion. Once I notice, I pull over and buckle it.

paterick4o8
May 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I sometimes catch myself doing that on occasion. Once I notice, I pull over and buckle it.

Mee too. sucks. that and when I forget to put my earplugs on too :ashamed20:

Apex
May 7th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Mee too. sucks. that and when I forget to put my earplugs on too :ashamed20:
One day I was in a meeting room at work to pass down information to the next shift. Well I put my earplugs right next to my helmet. I was so eager to leave that I forgot my earplugs. I got to the bike and I didn't have any spares on me. So I went home without them. That was the first and last time I did that. I always keep spares on me now. :D

sometimesido
May 19th, 2009, 03:16 PM
any more videos?
:)

KnoxNinja
May 21st, 2009, 01:24 AM
I need to put up reviews for two cameras. I took both the GoPro wide and the Aiptek A-HD Pro to Vegas, and I've been doing a lot of other crazy things with them. I just have to get some media together and hosted online, because what's a review without examples, right?

sometimesido
May 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM
how are you liking the aiptek?

KnoxNinja
May 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM
It's been great so far. I haven't used it in conjunction with the Ninjas but it shoots some impressive HD. Awesome little camera for the money.

Beast
June 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM
Kapp, quick Q. I received my Go Pro Wide kit today and was wondering where on the tail did you mount the camera where it shows your lower right side (in the beginning). Was it a permanent 3M or the suction cup mount?

Same with the gas tank P.O.V shots. Permanent or suction?

Thanks!

kappuru
June 2nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
All were suction cup mounts. I just got an alcohol wipe and wiped the surface well.. the suction cup is industrial strength and i've even mounted it on the side fairing with no problems. If you're worried tie a string to the camera and some piece of the body in case it falls off.

tinng321
June 19th, 2009, 04:59 AM
nice editing. what software did you use for editing?

Flashmonkey
July 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM
nice editing. what software did you use for editing?

Yea +1...i just got one of these cameras and want to spruce up my videos :)