View Full Version : Cortech Sport 2 Tailbag mounting

miss_syn
April 28th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Hey all,

I got the Cortech sport 2 tailbag and I've had a hard time mounting it. I don't want it to be permanently attached to anything as this is the replacement for my backpack. (I want to be able to get it on and off quickly)

The included straps definitely ended up not working and I just wanted to see if anyone else had the bag and how they had it mounted. Bungee cords? Some secret dance I haven't figured out? (I ended up wearing it home as a messenger bag after it tilted and tried to fall off one day)

Brother Michigan
April 28th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I don't have an experience with it, but can't you just run one or both straps under the rear seat?

NevadaWolf
July 22nd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Okay sorry for the bump, I just saw this

Is this the bag?

http://www.cortechperformance.com/images/products/h_s2tl24_black.jpg

If so, its what I have. I modded the straps so where the one towards the rear of the bike wrapped under the tail and clipped into the opposite side to hold the rear in place. I then modded the front two straps to wrap around the rear peg stay (small hollow triangle where the peg connects) and then clipped to the bag. Those straps stay on the bike when parked and I take the bag in with me.

I've noticed the sticky bottom of the bag, when left on the paint too long or when it gets too hot, actually stuck to my repainted cowling and adhered to the clear coat. It hasn't stuck to the factory paint job of one of the side pieces, just the ones I have repainted.

I can get pictures if that doesn't help describe how I mount my tailbag.