View Full Version : A vicious cycle

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
I finally got my camera up and running so here are some shots. I still have a muffler, seat cowl, and a CF fender floating somewhere in shipping limbo so as soon as those come in and get put on, I'll update.

dyeclan
April 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Toight! Those CF bits look really badass on the red bike. Good Job!

Nemy
April 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Nice! Are those a-tech bits? Your fender already looks good but a CF one would be the cherry on top! :thumbup:

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah those parts are a-tech.I think they make the best cosmetic accessories for the 250. Its just too bad they're so damn expensive.

Sound Wave
April 23rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
looks great! at least you live pretty close to japan, so the shipping must not be that bad, huh?

Snake
April 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Those are some great shots of your bike. Can't wait to see when you get the rest of the parts on.

komohana
April 23rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
look'in sweet! :thumbup:

:ride:

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
looks great! at least you live pretty close to japan, so the shipping must not be that bad, huh?

You'd think so, but it's actually pretty expensive. Around 4,000 yen per item which is around $40 USD. On a positive note though, a-tech ships their products in some of the most durable cardboard boxes I've ever seen.

tinng321
April 23rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
wow...so beautiful....
how much for the tank pad?
what is their a-tech website?
thanks,
Tin

tinng321
April 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
the site is all japanese.
how do you know which to order?

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 23rd, 2009, 09:03 PM
use google translate and type in the web address and it will translate everything for you. Just use an online currency converter to figure out what the prices are in USD.

Mista Bob
April 24th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Great looking bike!
Love the big CF tank protector, never seen one like that before.

tinng321
April 24th, 2009, 03:15 AM
use google translate and type in the web address and it will translate everything for you. Just use an online currency converter to figure out what the prices are in USD.

thanks.
didn't even know they have such a thing.

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 28th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Here's the 2 bros CF exhaust I put on last night.

M-Oorb
April 28th, 2009, 10:35 AM
lookin good :thumbup:

Shift250R
April 28th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Nice bike man. the signals came out real nice too.

zartan
April 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Very clean !

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Nice bike man. the signals came out real nice too.

Thanks Shift. I think you were the one I got the idea from off of the other forum.

Zartan- FYI- when I installed the 2 bros using your hangar I had to use the bolt that came with the exhaust, one of the spacers that came with the exhaust, AND your rubber spacer. It was the only way I would have enough clearance with the muffler. I'm not sure how other manufacturers exhaust are, but with the 2 bros I needed a much longer bolt than the aftermarket exhaust bolt you included. Thankfully the bolt that came with the exhaust was pretty long and it all worked out. I'm not complaining about the hangar at all- I love it. Just giving you some feedback about the set up!:thumbup:

Rynownd
April 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM
:thumbup::thumbup:

Looks great!

ChansteR
April 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
The CF bits make it look extra nice.

zartan
April 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Zartan- FYI- when I installed the 2 bros using your hangar I had to use the bolt that came with the exhaust, one of the spacers that came with the exhaust, AND your rubber spacer. It was the only way I would have enough clearance with the muffler. I'm not sure how other manufacturers exhaust are, but with the 2 bros I needed a much longer bolt than the aftermarket exhaust bolt you included. Thankfully the bolt that came with the exhaust was pretty long and it all worked out. I'm not complaining about the hangar at all- I love it. Just giving you some feedback about the set up!

Yes, thanks for the feedback, we fiqured with the 3 different choices of bolts it would be good for most. Good job making sure there are no clearance issues.
All the aftermarkets slip ons are shaped differently :). I use 2 spacers on my lowered bike and use the original bolt, with my Yoshi. It is hard to make a one size fits all!!
Your bike looks great!!

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 28th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks Zartan! I figured that every exhaust has different clearance issues. Your hangar definitely makes a huge difference overall though. I can't blabber on enough about how much it cleans up the back of the bike!

Strider
April 28th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Great lookin' bike! Nice exhaust :thumbup:
I want one of those when I get my 2010 model

muffinman
April 29th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Expensive... but worth it :thumbup: The CF bits look BADASS... man, I love that hugger. Did you ever get the front fender on?

Jiu Jitsu Player
April 29th, 2009, 04:02 PM
No front fender yet. They should be sending it out in about another week. They had to make one first.

Jiu Jitsu Player
May 19th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Finally got and put on the front fender. CF dashboard coming soon....

orooso
June 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
where did you get the seat skins from i kind of like them....

Snake
June 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
The new fender makes the front end look like it is hanging in mid air. Very nice.

djindia23
June 16th, 2009, 02:26 PM
i like those signals in the rear.... thinking if i dont upgrade next year might have to look into putting some more money and gettin turn signals changed in the back and maybe powder coating my rims blue... but we'll see how it goes... right now jus waitin for all this rain to clear so i can ride my baby again!!!

Jiu Jitsu Player
June 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
where did you get the seat skins from i kind of like them....

Got them from Custom Seat Creations. You should check them out. there is a thread floating around here somewhere and they're offerring 50% off till the end of the month I believe.

i like those signals in the rear.... thinking if i dont upgrade next year might have to look into putting some more money and gettin turn signals changed in the back and maybe powder coating my rims blue... but we'll see how it goes... right now jus waitin for all this rain to clear so i can ride my baby again!!!

It's a pretty inexpensive mod. I think it costs something like $15 for the signals including shipping. Then all you have to do is measure and drill into the fairing. Wait- I take that back there is one more thing. You need to get a flasher relay which is around $4 at any auto store. Then all you do is swap it out for the current relay. Overall a pretty easy procedure and a great project for a rainy day.:thumbup:

xTKx
June 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Got them from Custom Seat Creations. You should check them out. there is a thread floating around here somewhere and they're offerring 50% off till the end of the month I believe.

First of all, GORGEOUS bike Chris!! :drool:

But what's the name of the seat style you got? If I decide to get one, I'd probably get the same that you've got (it looks sick man).

Also, here's the link to Becky's deal for Ninjette.org users: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21744

TnNinjaGirl
June 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Chris, I feel like a little of your bike love is now on my bike. I swear I picked up 5hp and 50 style points from your windscreen.

Custom Seat Creations
June 21st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Chris,

Your bike is absolutely beautiful!

Jiu Jitsu Player
June 21st, 2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks for all the compliments guys.
@ Tony- I believe its the venom line but not 100% sure without seeing a pic.

xTKx
June 24th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Ok, and this was a new seat or just the cover?
If it's just a cover was it very hard to install?

Thanks!