View Full Version : Scorpio Alarm

mzrsq
April 26th, 2009, 06:28 AM
So I picked up a Scorpio SR-I900 for a steal and thought I throw it on the 250r as the Street Glide already has an alarm. Scorpio's website doesn't list the wire adapter kit for an 09 (they do list for an 07-08). I sent off an email to support and got this response.

Scott,

I haven't been able to get one of these bikes for 2009 yet. I don't know if
the connectors have changed or not. The ex250 is not normally kept on the
sales floor at our local dealers. Can you email us a few photos of the tail
light, license plate light and rear turn signal connectors? These photos
should show the wire color going into the connector and could help us
determine whether we have a kit for your bike or not. If you are unable I
will update our list at; www.scorpioalarms.com once I am able to see this
bike or you could use the universal connector kit that comes inside every
new Scorpio alarm.

Regards,

Harley Hogue
Scorpio Alarms
480 951 1109

I replied I thought the 09 was the same wiring as the 08 but wasn't sure if it had changed in the redisgn from 07 ...........and go this in return

Scott,

I received some photos of the 2008 250 but they did not show what color wire
goes where and I also don't think I received all the correct photos. The
2008 is listed on our website but I am in the process of having it removed
until we can verify it as I don't think it is correct. I know within the
last 2-3 years the connector has changed but since these bikes are not as
common they are more difficult to check connectors on.

So What I'm looking for is has anyone installed a Scorpio on the Gen2's, what connector did they use?

Or does someone have a tail off a bike that they could snap some pictures of wiring connectors to the left,right turns, and connector to the brake. Basically needing wiring colors that go to each...........Or does someone have a wiring diagram that could be e-mailed/faxed to Scorpio showing the proper wiring coloring to the rear lights?

I'd just much rather buy the correct plug in adapter than splicing inot a brand new wiring harness.

Thanks Guys..........I'm learning alot about this bike here,

Scott

randomwalk101
April 26th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Just test the wiring with the voltmeter. It's super simple. How much did you pay for that scorpio?

mzrsq
April 26th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I know it's not difficult, but for a few bucks I can buy the correct sonnectors and not have to splice wires

Cochese
April 26th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Tag. I need an alarm.

watcanido
May 4th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I want one too its very difficult leaving her behind when I go out. Any update on the plug and play connectors?

mzrsq
May 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I'm still working on it. I've not yet had a chance to pull the tail off and take pics of the turn and brake connectors and wire colors. I did send them wiring diagrams on Friday and am actually hoping that is enough information for them.

Still awaiting a reply.

addy126
May 13th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Nixed the Scorpio with all the splicing, etc. Grabbed the Gorilla Alarm.... install 5 minute hook up and 15 minute run of the wires. Located the "alarm box" in the storage beneath pillion seat. Price was right. Battery never drained and 7 sensitivity settings. Warn away has worked on many occassions. Decibel level of alarm decent enough.

WINNIE
June 24th, 2009, 11:28 PM
09Ninja 250...HELP So any word on a 08 sr-i900 scorpio alarm HARNESS working on a 09?????? I dont wanna splice my wireing ): i think the two bikes (08/09) are the same but not 100% any clues will help?? thanks

HKr1
June 25th, 2009, 05:39 AM
I'm still working on it. I've not yet had a chance to pull the tail off and take pics of the turn and brake connectors and wire colors. I did send them wiring diagrams on Friday and am actually hoping that is enough information for them.

Still awaiting a reply.

Seems like you could of found all them pics posted around here :confused:

noche_caliente
June 25th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Welcome Winnie! :)

M-Oorb
June 25th, 2009, 08:23 AM
but since these bikes are not as
common they are more difficult to check connectors on.

Can someone explain what the guy means by this? Isnt the 250 the number 1 selling kawasaki in the states?

addy126
June 25th, 2009, 09:06 AM
hmmm why is it so necessary to have all the lights blinkin, horn blarin and alarm sounding when its breached only to probably have a bigger drain on the battery and it seems connection issues vs. the get it now Gorilla alarm with paging system, little battery drain, reset, sensitivity settings and a hook up in 5 minutes bringing the whole thing to life! :confused:

mzrsq
June 25th, 2009, 09:31 AM
To each their own addy, if we all liked and bought the same thing the little 250 probably wouldn't even be on the market. The thing I like about the 900 is (an I'm not sure what you call it) when the remote is a certain distance form the bike it automatically arms the system. No buttons to pushs, no remembering, simply walk away and it arms, approach and it un-arms. As for the lights flashing, I want all the attention possible being drawn to my ride in the event of a theft, and the scorpio has it's own internal siren, so it's not using the bike horn. With the connector, the alarm is simple plug and play unless you also get the iginition kill, and in that case it's a simple one wire splice.

As for the alarm, I ended up installing it on the Harley because Airtronix was taking so long in getting me answers on the connector. I did get them diagrams and pics of the connectors and they did send me a connector, but by then I was tired of waiting and already installed it on the Glide. I love the alarm and may buy another in the future if I come across another good deal.

rjo89
September 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
Mining up old gold here, but if you can remember, were the connectors the right ones for the 09 model? I'm guessing they would be, but if you could confirm that'd be awesome. Thanks heaps mate.

mzrsq
September 3rd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Regan, You'll have to check with Winnie as I passed the harness along. I ended up installing the alarm on the Harley while waiting on Scorpio to figure it out. So I do not know if it was correct or not.

laraider
December 30th, 2009, 10:14 PM
i wonder where to get these cheap, and how cheap did you guys get it?