View Full Version : Givi 3D604 Tank bag. GRRRRRRR

redsnapper
May 16th, 2014, 11:46 PM
After waiting 2 months I final got my Givi 3D604 Tank bag for my Ninja 250R 2009 using the Ninja 300R mount plate.

It's a total fail for me.

Was someone in QA half asleep???

#1 The zippers do not match :mad:
One has a loop, and the other doesn't!
So, if I wanted to lock the bag, there's no way to do it!
Since you can easily remove the bag anyway, there's no point for the loop.
Pictures from Google shows it with loops or without loops! :confused:

I guess, I got lucky, cause I got both :confused:

The stupid thing driving me crazy is, I can not fully zip the bag shut because of the wrong zippers. Dirt and water will get in. The other way to fix these issue is for me to break the loop off the zipper. :doh:

Come on Givi, you claim WATER RESISTANT ZIPPERS! I can't even close the bag properly!!!

#2 Once the bag is attached to my bike, there is too much play, it likes to wiggle around.

A workaround I think might work is to use some Rust-Oleum rubber spray under the bag's mount to make it grip better, or maybe some door weather stripping to push on the bottom of the bag?

I e-mailed the dealer where I bought it, and will see if it's possible to exchange it. The reason, I'm, saying possible, do I have to wait another 2 months to get a replacement? I'm in Canada, and Givi Canada takes forever to get stuff.

If it's going to take a while, I'm just going have to mod it with the steps above.

Come on Givi! Why do I always have issues when I buy your products! :doh:

Kevin1956
May 17th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Return it. I had problems with Givi too. See my thread "Givi Sucks". https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163171&highlight=givi+sucks