View Full Version : Are the exhaust screws torqued?

ninjanewby
May 18th, 2014, 11:47 PM
I'm trying to perform a "bafflectomy" and can't get the screws out from the rear of the exhaust. Am I just weak or are the screws torqued so they don't shake loose? Or is it just maybe some lock tite or something?

DaBlue1
May 19th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Muffler Body Mounting Bolt- 30 N·m, 3.1 kgf·m, 22ft·lb
Muffler Cover Bolt - 9.8 N·m, 1.0 kgf·m, 87 in·lb
Muffler Body Rear Cover Bolts- 7.9 N·m, 0.81 kgf·m, 70 in·lb

Motofool
May 19th, 2014, 04:41 PM
............can't get the screws out from the rear of the exhaust...........

Just try right after a long trip, when everything is hot ......... I would leave those poor baffles alone, however. :( :( :(

alex.s
May 19th, 2014, 04:46 PM
baffles are good for your ear health

ninjanewby
May 19th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Fair enough. The baffle stays till the new exhaust comes. I just want people to hear me before the DON'T see me!

DaBlue1
May 19th, 2014, 07:05 PM
..... I just want people to hear me before the DON'T see me!

Guaranteed cheap way to turn some cager's head.....another car.

e97Clplscjo

Xtina
May 20th, 2014, 12:16 PM
People in front of you can't hear you anyway even with a loud pipe. Leave the pipe alone and get a horn instead.

cbinker
May 20th, 2014, 12:38 PM
baffles are good for your ear health

Ear Plugs are better! :D

cbinker
May 20th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Fair enough. The baffle stays till the new exhaust comes. I just want people to hear me before the DON'T see me!

They wont see or hear you. Modern cars are built to eliminate as much outside sound as possible. Then add the radio, and they cannot hear you. pedestrians can hear you, but then they will complain about you going through their neighborhoods.

Loud Pipes dont save lives, they piss people off that dont ride/like bikes.

ninjanewby
May 22nd, 2014, 05:45 AM
I was talking more being beside cages not behind them. Guess I'll just have to stay extra wary (as usual) of everything around me. The horn is a great idea though. Maybe air horn or something.