View Full Version : Question about daily textile jacket using zipper vs velco

jfauerba
April 27th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Now that it's getting warmer, I have a question about my textile jacket, cortech gx-sport. My jacket has lots of vents (at least 9) which are hidden by velcro. Under the velcro, is zippers to open the vents. In the mornings, I need to keep the vents closed due to 45-50F but the afternoon it's 75-80F so I need them open. What do other people do, close & open the velcro? close and open the zippers? close and open both? I have only been riding since last Nov. so this is new to me along with all the bugs appearing right in front of me and making a mess out of my visor.

Also along the same lines, each zipper has a little piece of fabric/material on it. They are getting really annoying in the chest vent when I don't get them inside the velcro part and then they get in the way of the main zippers. I am considering removing them all since they make velcroing the vents harder too.

OldGuy
April 27th, 2009, 02:10 PM
John - I don't know about your specific jacket buy my Transition 2 has sleeve, chest, and shoulder vents that have a zipper closure covered by a Velcro flap and they've got the pull strings on the zipper.

In the winter/always cold mode it's zippered and flaps closed with the pulls inside. In the full summer mode I've got a mesh jacket I wear so don't have to worry about it.

However, for me while we are in this transitional weather (upper 30's low 40's coming in and 65-80 going home) I wear the textile jacket and I have the zippers down, pull tucked inside and regulate the air flow with the flaps. I wouldn't take the pulls off myself but that's your call.