View Full Version : Mini Bike Racing

Broom
April 27th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I finally got to use my new gopro wide this weekend. i had it mounted to the side of my helmet and it worked pretty well. might be less vomit inducing on the bike itself, but its not bad.

i actually crashed and hit my head right where i had it mounted too. unfortunately the card had filled up a few laps before so it missed it. the camera flew off my helmet and survived just fine. none of the mounts even broke. it just unclipped from the mount that i had taped to my helmet.

at the very end i miss a shift going into turn 1 and get clipped from a passing rider. did a pretty decent tank slapper for a second, but pulled it together. you can also see me totally screwing up the start by loading up the motor. our 2 stroke wasn't running too well.

i don't have time to do any nice editing, so i just mashed some clips together.

TnNinjaGirl
April 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM
That's pretty cool. I like the guy on the mini crotch rocket. It looks so funny.

M-Oorb
April 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM
What?! that looked like a blast. I've never seen a mini bike race and that totally looked like a ball. You know what they say....more fun to ride something slow fast than ride something fast slow.

J/w...how much does it cost to get into racing like that? Like cost of the bike and all that.

Broom
April 27th, 2009, 08:50 PM
just like anything else, you can spend as little or as much as you want. when i first started i bought an old ysr50 that was race ready for about $1000. after you get the bike and all your gear sorted out, the actual racing is pretty cheap compared to any other track time you'll find, and its way more fun than big bikes.

Apex
May 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM
I soo want to do that!

Snake
May 1st, 2009, 01:51 PM
I used to ride mini bikes as a kid. I didn't race though. Ours were the kind with the briggs & straton lawn mower engine.