View Full Version : Post count vs. exam correlation

M-Oorb
April 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM
So I noticed something the other night while I was attempting not to study for college finals. I noticed that as exams get nearer, my time on this forum and my post count increase exponentially. Now I think there is a positive correlation here. My bikes at home and I'm in school many a mile away so i cant go out on a joy ride to take my mind off of International Finance or Intermediate Micro economic Analysis. I find just reading and posting on various threads keeps me from going crazy...yet it seems like I could be on here for hours and not even notice it. Anyone else in school notice they post/read more on this forum when they have many exams looming close by?

Thank you Alex for creating a space where I can relax,unwind, and think about the more important things in life(my 250r:D) and keep me from going insane:thumbup:

Realirony
April 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I am not in college at the moment (took a year off to do some travel and work to help with the onslaught of loans I have)While I'm at work (like right now) I notice that I surf this site alot when my mind is working too hard and I feel physically tired, I do alot of math here at work and it slowly drive s me nuts. So when I come on here, I look at all the nice bikes and daydream about mods I want to do or about rides I want to take. It's def a great escape from things that drive me up the wall. All of my ninjette posts are done at work. I never post from home...strange >_O

Flashmonkey
April 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
LOL yea back in university I used to post whore on the rx-7 forums during exam time as well.....and instead of doing my projects I'd be out taking pictures of my car. What you're feeling is normal and you should cherish every moment of it! :D *sigh*

tinng321
April 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM
So I noticed something the other night while I was attempting not to study for college finals. I noticed that as exams get nearer, my time on this forum and my post count increase exponentially. Now I think there is a positive correlation here. My bikes at home and I'm in school many a mile away so i cant go out on a joy ride to take my mind off of International Finance or Intermediate Micro economic Analysis. I find just reading and posting on various threads keeps me from going crazy...yet it seems like I could be on here for hours and not even notice it. Anyone else in school notice they post/read more on this forum when they have many exams looming close by?

Thank you Alex for creating a space where I can relax,unwind, and think about the more important things in life(my 250r:D) and keep me from going insane:thumbup:

you have too much time on ur hands.

M-Oorb
April 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hmm I don't think its too much time between taking 6 classes and working 25+ hours a week and still possibly pulling a 4.0 this semester while looking at law schools. I like to think of it as spending my time in a more productive and usefull way ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

camaroz1985
April 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Wait until you get the grades, then you will see an exponential curve the opposite way :D

If you really want to see this curve you should have seen my GPA vs. Time spent working on Formula SAE car in college. It was exactly that way. Also toward the end of spring semester (when the car needed to be finished) my attendance plummeted as well. My senior year we had an unvieling of the car to all our sponsors, professors, family, etc. I didn't go to class, or to my apartment the entire week prior to the event.

You just have to know your priorities I guess (Mine really wasn't class. I just went to school so I could build race cars :))

Snake
April 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I often find myself loosing track of time while I'm here as well.

250Rocket
April 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Same here. Forums and studying for tests. Although because i have a week until my next final i got in a 100km ride (under 60kph for break in)

kkim
April 28th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I should be able to ace any exam then! :D