I ordered a pair of these gloves.
Does anyone in here have them?
How do they fit?
What about protection?

Thanks,
Tin

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
quote from someone who used and crashed with them on... from gear eval (dot com)

the Icon Pursuit Gloves are very comfortable and are a great alternative to not wearing any gloves at all, however they do not provide adequate protection for highway riding, and may not provide the desired protection on the street either.

Upside: VERY comfortable like not wearing gloves at all, stealth look with hidden armor

Downside: Do not provide enough protection for highway riding, may not provide enough for regular street riding either

Conclusion: Better than not wearing gloves, don’t provide adequate protection in average riding conditions

quote from brian from sportbike track gear .com

This glove only offers a little protection. The truth is they are better than nothing for sure. If you seek real protection I would urge you to look away from most short style gloves and purchase a quality guantlet glove.

sorry, but it seems like they aren't very good gloves.

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2009, 01:22 AM
a few months ago i went down at a very low speed. i was wearing full gear along with my a* shorty gloves. the only part of my body that still hurts today is my wrist. yesterday, my new a* gauntlets arrived. i haven't gone riding with them yet, but they offer much better protection and support for the wrist. i am pretty confident that if i had been wearing the gauntlets instead, my injuries would not have been as bad. i don't think i will ever get shorty gloves again.

ninjabrewer
May 2nd, 2009, 01:46 AM
a few months ago i went down at a very low speed. i was wearing full gear along with my a* shorty gloves. the only part of my body that still hurts today is my wrist. yesterday, my new a* gauntlets arrived. i haven't gone riding with them yet, but they offer much better protection and support for the wrist. i am pretty confident that if i had been wearing the gauntlets instead, my injuries would not have been as bad. i don't think i will ever get shorty gloves again.

which gloves do you have?

nb

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2009, 02:04 AM
which gloves do you have?

nb

my old GPX gloves on the right and my new GP Pro on the left.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/sound_wavez/motorcycle/glovesforforum.jpg

ninjabrewer
May 2nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
I like the looks of those, let me know how they you like them.

nb

tinng321
May 2nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
thanks.
my bike only has 106 miles.
the reason i bought the gloves is because i will not be doing highway riding due to the break in period. I will be riding around town during the first 600 miles. I will definitely get something with more protection once I break the 600 mile mark.
How much did you pay for those?

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
How much did you pay for those?
i got the gp pros from new enough for $229.95 with free shipping. although, i should have gotten them from motorcycle superstore. i forgot that i have a $20 coupon code for purchases over $200. :(

the gpx gloves i got from motorcycle superstore for $119.95 plus $9 shipping i think it was (free shipping on the mainland).

Miles_Prower
April 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I have the icon pursuit gloves. everything that was said is spot on. i would not trust them on the highway. i did a slow speed slide (20mph) with these on and they were ok, though didn't put my hands on the pavement. but yes, my left wrist (fell on my left side) was aching badly enough to have to take some tylenol - I don't like to take medication if I can help it. My jacket has armor in the sleeves, but where the armor ends and the gloves begin, you really need some protection, and these short gloves don't cut it.

Going to buy RS Taichi gauntlets once I save up some cash.

csmith12
April 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Not sure of your size but....

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/AYC11-SP8-GLOVE-BLUE.jpg/Brand/ALPINESTARS%20AYC/Class2/Gloves/Class3/Street%20Gloves-Mens/Class1/
http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/AYC11-SP1-GLOVE-BLACK.jpg/Brand/ALPINESTARS%20AYC/Class2/Gloves/Class3/Street%20Gloves-Mens/Class1/
http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/AYC11-SP2-GLOVE-BLACK.jpg/Brand/ALPINESTARS%20AYC/Class2/Gloves/Class3/Street%20Gloves-Mens/Class1/

Prices can't be beat!!!!