View Full Version : No cut frame sliders for ABS?

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Hey guys so I'm looking into buying frame sliders and I can't seem to fine any that are no cut and that for ABS. They are either no cut for non ABS or you need to cut to for for ABS. I really don't want to cut my fairings for frame sliders. I feel like it will take away from the resale value and just look weird if I ever want to remove them for some reason. So if anyone with the ABS model knows if any that work for no cut please let me know!

supersport
June 5th, 2014, 08:33 AM
2013 abs version here.

If your take off your side fairing, you will see a precut template on the fairing for the manufacturer's sliders. Take it off and you will see it. That hole can be cut easily and clean. This is what Yoshimura uses as the outlet for the their sliders.

I do not think that it will affect resale value of the bike. if anything it will tell the buyer how serious you are in taking care of the bike.

If you don't savagely cut a hole in the fairing then the "cut sliders" will look like the sliders are part of the bike. It just seamlessly fit in. It doesn't look after market to me.

Yoishimura did not say that their sliders were abs specific when i bought it. Its one and the same for either model.

I don't see why they would be specific as the abs unit should not be in the way.

On the side note some people complain that sliders did't help on the big impacts. Some say the sliders cause more damage from said impact.

I know some people just don't want to cut the fairing so check out revzilla and you can call them to confirm.

http://www.revzilla.com/search?query=ninja+300+frame+sliders&x=-780&y=-286

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the input man. I checked out the shogun ones. I was planning on buying them because they said no cut. But when I looked further into it I noticed it said they will not fit the ABS model due to the brake line. Apparently it runs right in front of the engine mount and the only way it will fit is if I replace my brake line with a flexible braided brake line. Sounds hard and pricey lol. Maybe I'll just buy the yoshi ones and call it a day.

supersport
June 5th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the input man. I checked out the shogun ones. I was planning on buying them because they said no cut. But when I looked further into it I noticed it said they will not fit the ABS model due to the brake line. Apparently it runs right in front of the engine mount and the only way it will fit is if I replace my brake line with a flexible braided brake line. Sounds hard and pricey lol. Maybe I'll just buy the yoshi ones and call it a day.

Ahh the brake lines. Upgrading to ss brake lines is about $140

http://store.hardracing.com/cart.php?target=category&category_id=462

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 09:11 AM
If I had the extra money to upgrade them just for the sliders I would but I didn't want to put any money into this bike on extra stuff except frame sliders lol. And that's to save me money if god for bid I have an accident or lay it down for some reason. Who needs brakes! I'll just cut the brake line! Lol

supersport
June 5th, 2014, 09:33 AM
If I had the extra money to upgrade them just for the sliders I would but I didn't want to put any money into this bike on extra stuff except frame sliders lol. And that's to save me money if god for bid I have an accident or lay it down for some reason. Who needs brakes! I'll just cut the brake line! Lol

Good luck on the mod. Be sure to check out the youtube vids on how to cut the hole. There is a vid where the guy man-handle the opening, don't do that one. I would watch it to see what butchering the fairing is like. And then there is a couple vid that did a great job which i use.

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks man and thanks again for the advice. I will definitely watch probably more videos than I need to. I definitely don't want to mess up my brand new bike.

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Another question. Anyone who has frame sliders on their bikes, ABS or not. What brand do you have and did you ever drop your bike. If so did they work good or was there a lot of damage to your bike as well and so on? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Alex
June 5th, 2014, 12:47 PM
The wiki article is more aimed at the 250 than the 300; but the frame design and sliders design hasn't changed much:

https://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Frame_sliders

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks man. It was a good read. I think the yoshi ones would be good for what I need. My biggest problem right now is my driveway lol. Damn thing is nothing but small stones and gravel. Only place I dumped my Buell... And u was at a stand still, my feet slid when I put them down and there went my bike. I wasn't upset because the bike wasn't new and it also took no damage but I'll freak if my ninja falls and gets just one scratch on it lol.

MNDruggist
June 5th, 2014, 01:09 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/mamohr686/oggyninja1_zpsc20e3f4b.png[/URL] To answer your question, Oggy knobs are great sliders that won't interfere with abs. I ordered direct from Australia. I can give you the contact information if you want it. It ran me about $100 over the Yosh sliders including shipping.

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I would love to have that. I just fitted save a bit more money before buying. My only question is how sure are you that they won't interfere with the ABS's brake lines? For some reason the bikes with abs have brake lines that are in a different place than the non ABS

MNDruggist
June 5th, 2014, 06:33 PM
There are a bunch of guys on the kawasakininja300 forums from Australia that have posted pics of their ABS bikes with the Oggy knobs. They come in both black or white.

replace the (dot) for a period in the link

http://www.kawasakininja300 (dot) com/forum/9-ninja-300-parts-accessories/331-new-frame-sliders-7.html

This is an old thread but you get the idea. You can also do a search for more recent threads.

To purchase them contact frank at Promoto Melbourne: frankhajdu@internode.on.net or find their ebay store. They only show up periodically on ebay, so you will get them much quicker with an email. I got them about 7 days after paying for them. (email posted with permission)

I paid $260 plus they only charged me half price for air freight, so total right at $300. That was a year ago, but I would estimate the price would be the same.

Zdolak90
June 5th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate you taking time to post that info. In a few weeks I will probably be buying these. Did you install them yourself? And if so was it pretty difficult?

supersport
June 5th, 2014, 07:53 PM
All the guys over at kawi ninja 300 forum love the oggy nob. Post a thread there and i'm sure someone will chime in.

MNDruggist
June 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Yes, I installed them myself. Removing the fairings for the first time (and correctly re-installing) them was more time consuming than the actual frame slider bolt on. I had one tricky bolt that was partially covered, so I couldn't torque it to the recommended specs. I still got it He-Man tight. If you plan on doing any other mods or an oil change, I suggest you do them while you have the fairings removed. I also forgot to re-attach the front blinker wire when I re-installed the fairings, I figured out you can also do that from the top of the bike if you have to. Otherwise, a second pair of hands are nice for holding the side panels while you attach the blinker wires. If you want a link to the PDF of the Ninja 300 service manual, send me a P.M. and I'll give it to you. I don't want to post a link and upset the moderators or Kawasaki because they are expensive. I watched a few youtube vidoes and read the manual before I removed the fairings for the first time, and it went well. Kawi G's videos are a good start.
9n71eBGBCko
I still consider myself a novice at bike maintenance because this is my first bike, but I'm somewhat mechanically inclined and did all my own outboard motor and snowmobile service including carb cleaning.

Zdolak90
June 7th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks man! I appreciate it. I'll send you that PM later about that manual. That would be awesome!