View Full Version : Rim Tape???

tinng321
May 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM
Where can I get them?
How do they sell them? in roll?
How many roll would I need?
Do I have to remove the wheels to apply them?

Thanks,
Tin

SteveL
May 1st, 2009, 09:12 AM
I have just this morning put the rim tape on my Ninja, I bought it from Kawasaki at great expense and I would say if you want a really good job done you have to take the wheels off. I have a rear wheel stand even with that it was difficult to apply the tape the front was better but still not easy.

Steve

Nauboey
May 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
www.tapeworks.com is where I got mine and it gives you more than enough. I'm not sure if all tapes are rolled the same but mine had 5 stripes all togheather on the same peel paper So i just cut them inbetween the tape to make each stripe one roll by itself. and no you don't need to remove the wheels to apply them, I didn't have any problems using a rear stand and jack stands under the front forks, but you have to take your time to get it right. I would think removing the wheels would make it easier and more accurate to apply if you want to do that.

thebulbousone
May 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
just installed mine tonite.... PRO-GRIP 7mm rim tape and i got it at the Iron Pony here in Columbus. It was $13.99 and did both wheels on the bike in 45 minutes. Looks amazing and really helps with the lines of the bike... www.ironpony.com ...they mail-order world-wide... good luck and don't be scared... just take your time...

tinng321
May 1st, 2009, 11:48 PM
where is it under?
which category?
thanks,
tin

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2009, 02:16 AM
here is where i got mine from. great experience with them. i bought from them twice. it comes in different thicknesses and reflective or non-reflective. they are pre-curved. you use 4 strips per side. you will end up with 2 left over in case you make a mistake.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GLSigns-Wheel-Stripes-and-Decals__W0QQ_armrsZ1

i didn't remove my tires. i had the rears on a stand so that was really easy. i just spun the tire as i applied it. the fronts, i had to roll the bike a bit, put on the strip, roll the bike some more. still, it wasn't too bad.

tinng321
May 2nd, 2009, 06:22 AM
Thanks Gary.
Which color did you go with?
Black bike is difficult. IMO, red is the only color that goes well with our black bikes.

Rocketman
May 2nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks Gary.
Black bike is difficult. IMO, red is the only color that goes well with our black bikes.

white

capt_bugaloo
May 2nd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Some rim tapes are reflective while others are not.
I highly recommend the reflective kind; it adds a lot of night-time visibility to your motorcycle!

Sound Wave
May 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks Gary.

i went with the 6 mm reflective red. i was thinking of going with green and making the bike look like a "monster special edition" type theme.

but yeah, like bugaloo said. might as well get reflective. those things really work and are a great safety feature at night.

djindia23
May 7th, 2009, 08:59 AM
i ordered 10mm reflective blue tape... just gotta put them on... got em on ebay from therimstripe.... shipped really quickly... jsut waiting to get to my friend's house to put my bike on his stands to do this....

azia
May 7th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks Gary.

I have green rim tapes on my black. IT'S AWESOME!!! :D

tinng321
May 7th, 2009, 10:26 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/tinng321/bike/DSCF0325.jpg
here's the rim tape that i ordered.
it's raining today, tomorrow and sat. can't wait to put it on.
do i have to wash or clean the rim with alcohol first?

JaeL
May 7th, 2009, 01:33 PM
yes with alcohol

LazinCajun
August 27th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Are there any reflective blue tapes that match the '08 blue? Most of the pictures I've seen just don't quite look right to me. It's making me lean towards the black reflective tape from streetglo.

noche_caliente
August 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Trey - the one's I have are '08 blue - I got them off of E-bay - send me a PM on the weekend and when I'm in the garage putzing around, I'll see if I can find anything about where they came from if you'd like

ninjablk08
August 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
krayziegraphics.com

ScorpionNinja
August 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
i bought some non-reflective Red Rim stripes 'made by Trimbrite' (36' roll) 1/4" wide, for $5.99 at Murrarys Discount autostore (now Oreillys autostore) near my house on 23mile in chesterfield twp,Mi. weeks ago & put them on NP! I made my Own Rim stripe applicator! Used my rear pit bull stand for the rear rim stripes, but had to stop and roll bike afew times to do the fronts (PITA)

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=75278

i found this very useful in helping me! enjoy

Heres Reflective 17" Rim stripe Kit that i bought off Ebay last week! (guy gave me a FREE reflective White 17" rim stripe kit with it also! Cost just $7.00 shipped to my Door! :thumbup:

the Ebayer name is: bb930701 , his email: gergouskimo@yahoo.com.tw *from Newfoundland,Canada

Thou i wont be putting on the reflective Red kit, until i get my Reflective Vinyl Graphix kit made for my Bike, then ill put the Graphix & Reflective Red stripe kit on at the same time! :woot:

headshrink
August 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
yes with alcohol

Will a pale ale work?

noche_caliente
August 30th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Are there any reflective blue tapes that match the '08 blue? Most of the pictures I've seen just don't quite look right to me. It's making me lean towards the black reflective tape from streetglo.

http://www.glsigns.com/catalog/index.php

Gary linked them earlier as well - but they're the ones that I got mine from that are the '08 blue - mine came from their e-bay store

Kawasabi
September 8th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Get something thats pre-curved. Like the one sold by the motorcycle superstore. I got it and did it freehand with no stand or help from anyone. Piece of cake, and it looks great. Along with some RADS, it should come out looking real hot!!!!! :D

liltenatattoo
September 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM
i got mine from tapeworks, and i got the reflective blue, it looks awesome and it helps being visible at night as well

Sailariel
September 8th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I like the appearance of rim tape. I was wondering how it holds up with tyre changes? I don`t plan to change my own tyres--the shop down the street does lots of them--and cheap, if you buy the tyres from him.

welcome2thedawn
September 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM

i just ordered the bermuda blue reflective from http://www.tapeworks.com/Rimstripes/RimstripesHome.html they have so many choices and it tells you which colors match best with which bikes...they also have a bunch of pics of customer bikes so you can see how it looks both in daylight and dark to show reflectivness(is that a word?) and they are currently having a 20% off sale....woohoo!!!

g21-30
September 29th, 2009, 09:10 AM
here is where i got mine from. great experience with them. i bought from them twice. it comes in different thicknesses and reflective or non-reflective. they are pre-curved. you use 4 strips per side. you will end up with 2 left over in case you make a mistake.

i didn't remove my tires. i had the rears on a stand so that was really easy. i just spun the tire as i applied it. the fronts, i had to roll the bike a bit, put on the strip, roll the bike some more. still, it wasn't too bad.

Just followed the above ebay link. All tape is clearance priced at $7.49 with FREE shipping. My kind of deal, so I ordered Bright Blue for my BLACK bike!

Thanks Sound Wave!!!!!!! :thumbup:

noche_caliente
September 29th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Great color choice ;)
Posted via Mobile Device