View Full Version : Did i just run over a bird?

eddiekay
June 16th, 2014, 06:12 AM
The bike came with shinkos and i put the pipe on a few weeks ago.
yesterday...I noticed that I chirped the rear downshifting in a few turns ( tight lil' backroads with nasty surfaces). I've ridden these roads often but not since the AP install. And i got to wondering
Is the pipe simply letting me go a little faster
does the pipe...I dunno....effect engine braking
are the tire that much harder ( now maybe 4000 miles)
I'm curious...not a prob at all but either the bike is behaving different or I'm doing something different.

CC Cowboy
June 16th, 2014, 07:31 AM
The bike came with shinkos and i put the pipe on a few weeks ago.
yesterday...I noticed that I chirped the rear downshifting in a few turns ( tight lil' backroads with nasty surfaces). I've ridden these roads often but not since the AP install. And i got to wondering
Is the pipe simply letting me go a little faster
does the pipe...I dunno....effect engine braking
are the tire that much harder ( now maybe 4000 miles)
I'm curious...not a prob at all but either the bike is behaving different or I'm doing something different.

You need to use your brakes more and downshift at a slower speed.

Brother Michigan
June 16th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Not sure how you managed to chirp the rear on a 300. I've made some pretty ridiculous downshifts just messing around and it's never broken loose.

fishdip
June 16th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Your slipper clutch is suppose to make it so you cant do it.

Worldtraveller
June 16th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Not sure how you managed to chirp the rear on a 300. I've made some pretty ridiculous downshifts just messing around and it's never broken loose.
Downshift one too many gears going into a tight corner and the track, and it will happily chirp the rear, and about throw my ass to the moon while doing so.

ask me how I know..... :doh:

eddiekay
June 16th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Welll...maybe i did run over a bird becuz that wheel chirped And maybe it's time I asked for some advice.
Pretty often...I thrashed my ninjettes on these roads, wheels chirpin', pipes burpin'...tires hoppin' and what made it more fun than anything ever was the fact that You never reach life threatening speeds. It is a lot like a rollercoaster or snowmobiling on trails.
I cant be the only one on this board who does this ?
Does anybody else run the roads that no self respecting sport biker would be on?

nickjpass
June 16th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I've done it a few times when I carelessly shifted... on my zx6r.

JohnnyBravo
June 16th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I bout ate it twice... Both times my fault

Xtina
July 15th, 2014, 11:04 AM
I accidentally shifted to first going 40kmh. The rear locked. The slipper can only do so much lol

csmith12
July 15th, 2014, 11:18 AM
^^^ and all the factory slippers I have experienced suck... when compared to a good aftermarket/race slipper. I tell other riders, it's called a slipper for a reason, it aint supposed to work miracles.

Alex
July 15th, 2014, 11:24 AM
The ZX-10R slipper is pretty awesome out of the box.

alex.s
July 15th, 2014, 11:27 AM
blip more

csmith12
July 15th, 2014, 11:28 AM
The ZX-10R slipper is pretty awesome out of the box.

I can't believe I still haven't ridden one of those yet. I have a distant friend that has one but he might as well have taken out a restraining order against everybody to stay away from it by 100ft. He won't even ride 2up with his girl. lol

CC Cowboy
July 15th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I can't believe I still haven't ridden one of those yet. I have a distant friend that has one but he might as well have taken out a restraining order against everybody to stay away from it by 100ft. He won't even ride 2up with his girl. lol

I'll ride his girl. Depending on weight, looks, money in the bank, and how big your friend is.

csmith12
July 15th, 2014, 12:37 PM
CC's chances are as follows;

Looks = fair to slightly better than average - I have crazy high standards ymmv lol
Money = nadda, zip....
Friends size = large and in charge. 340lbs of couch potato, opinionated, but a hella nice guy. He just won't let anyone near or ride his bike