View Full Version : Cannonball Run - Paris Style

OldGuy
May 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM
If you haven't seen this you won't believe it. If you have, enjoy again.

On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris early in the morning. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground.

VqHrCLt3Geo

Snake
May 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM
WOW!!! That was some awesome footage. He was doing some major downshifting just before the turns. That was some skillful driving!!!

Strider
May 1st, 2009, 08:20 PM
WOW! That's some serious driving!
I think he actually took out a couple of pigeons there at one point ...

Wade
May 2nd, 2009, 12:32 AM
Nice. now look up Ghostrider from sweeden and watch someone do similar things on a hyabusa turbo.

ninjabrewer
May 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
kewl, fancy driving,

nb

Strider
May 2nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Nice. now look up Ghostrider from sweeden and watch someone do similar things on a hyabusa turbo.

Dude, that Ghost Rider is CRAZY

http://www.ghostridermovie.net/start.html

Wade
May 2nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Dude, that Ghost Rider is CRAZY

http://www.ghostridermovie.net/start.html

I know ive downloaded and watched all 5 of his dvd's i couldnt do like 1/10th of the stuff he does

Sailariel
May 6th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Enzo would have been proud. Great drivig in a great car. I have always maintained that anything after Ferrarri is footnote.

TnNinjaGirl
May 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
That was extremely irresponsible, immature and reckless. But very freakin cool!!! What skills. It's much harder to drive on a non-groomed street with pedestrians, birds and other vehicles than it is on a race track. Wow!!