View Full Version : Quotes

Snake
May 2nd, 2009, 05:43 AM
How do you include quotes from several people on your post?

BlueTyke
May 2nd, 2009, 06:14 AM
I don't know the quick way to do it..(and include the names)

Quick way without all the names-
Start with the first qoute by hitting the quote button... Then for any additional qoutes you can scroll down the line and copy paste placing that between the qoute marks, using the quote button is easiest.

It will look like this

My other lazy way of doing it with getting the name... Make the reply to the first qoute by hitting the quote button.. Make the reply press post.... Go to the second one, hit qoute button and copy that code.. cancel. Go to my just posted post, hit edit... Paste in the code. Make my response...

Snake
May 2nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks. I like the second way of doing it.

BlueRaven
May 2nd, 2009, 09:19 AM
i know from other forums they have a mutiple quote button. when you do a quote write your stuff after this quote then scroll up to where you want to include the second post, highlight the second quote, right click, choose copy, scroll down to your quick reply box, then right click again, choose paste and repeat steps to add more quotes.

Alex
May 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
We've got a multi-quote button here, makes it easy. Just click on the multi-quote button in the bottom right of each post you want to quote. I think you can hit at least five of them. It turns orange when you click on it. Only then press the new reply button, and all of the quotes will show up automatically in your new post. The multiquote button is the button in the middle of the 3 buttons at the bottom right of each post, with the quotes on the button.

Alex
May 2nd, 2009, 10:52 AM
I just multiquoted all posts from this thread, looks like this:

I don't know the quick way to do it..(and include the names)

Quick way without all the names-
Start with the first qoute by hitting the quote button... Then for any additional qoutes you can scroll down the line and copy paste placing that between the qoute marks, using the quote button is easiest.

It will look like this

My other lazy way of doing it with getting the name... Make the reply to the first qoute by hitting the quote button.. Make the reply press post.... Go to the second one, hit qoute button and copy that code.. cancel. Go to my just posted post, hit edit... Paste in the code. Make my response...

Thanks. I like the second way of doing it.

i know from other forums they have a mutiple quote button. when you do a quote write your stuff after this quote then scroll up to where you want to include the second post, highlight the second quote, right click, choose copy, scroll down to your quick reply box, then right click again, choose paste and repeat steps to add more quotes.

BlueRaven
May 2nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
:imsorry: i must be having a brain fart day cause i forgot that this forum had a multiquote buttom too.

oooops again i meant button

BlueTyke
May 2nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Dont feel bad Lil one... So do I! :D

Snake
May 2nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cool thanks Alex. I did not know thet was the button next to the first quote button.