View Full Version : Ninja 300 K&N Air Filter How To Install Tutorial & Quick Review Video

SON1C
June 20th, 2014, 05:41 PM
ZRv5Y9w4h-A

Here is my how to install tutorial video on the K & N High Performance Air Filter on the 2013 2014 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300 as well as my initial impressions/review of the performance that this quality part brings to the table.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10487603_10203194914806272_2577302922984661230_n.jpg

JohnnyBravo
June 22nd, 2014, 11:55 PM
When ya puting the exhaust an tuner to it?

SON1C
June 23rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
When ya puting the exhaust an tuner to it?

I'm hoping to have it completed by the end of July, should have the parts ordered within ~2 weeks and then install and dyno time!

JohnnyBravo
June 23rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Good ****... What parts ya goin with?

Haha spacedick haha

SON1C
June 23rd, 2014, 03:37 PM
Good ****... What parts ya goin with?

Haha spacedick haha

lol what? spacedick?!
http://lpix.org/1310229/dongs.gif

I'm going to go with a two bros system and their juice box and then possibly a dyno tune

Didn't you recently pickup the area p system? full? I don't frequent here much could you update me on your build?

JohnnyBravo
June 23rd, 2014, 05:00 PM
Idk you said something about space something :confused: that must be the only space dick I've ever seen :rotflmao:

Area P high mount exhaust, fuel moto tuner, K&N filter, snorkel removed, I think that's it so far... Sounds better an seems to have more go go juice!
I'm happy with the progress so far!

SON1C
June 23rd, 2014, 06:06 PM
Idk you said something about space something :confused: that must be the only space dick I've ever seen :rotflmao:

Area P high mount exhaust, fuel moto tuner, K&N filter, snorkel removed, I think that's it so far... Sounds better an seems to have more go go juice!
I'm happy with the progress so far!

lol I was referencing spacep0d in the video, guy motovlogs w/ his 300

hahaha yeah that's my first space dick too .. well actually I was overwhelmed after googling space dick with them :eek:

nice! Did you feel a solid bump in power after all that or were you left a bit disappointed?

Also what are your thoughts on removing the snorkel?

What would your thoughts be if you did this to your bike?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLbx97mWfB0

JohnnyBravo
June 23rd, 2014, 08:12 PM
lol I was referencing spacep0d in the video, guy motovlogs w/ his 300

hahaha yeah that's my first space dick too .. well actually I was overwhelmed after googling space dick with them :eek:

nice! Did you feel a solid bump in power after all that or were you left a bit disappointed?

Also what are your thoughts on removing the snorkel?

What would your thoughts be if you did this to your bike?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLbx97mWfB0

I'm surprised you googled it :rotflmao:

Def not disappointed. It feels a lot better, I haven't really hammered it to hard yet. Def feels like it revs quicker and has more power, it didn't turn into a zx14 though. Guess it would really depend on the sensitivity of your butt dyno, but since your going to a real dyno you will see it on paper.
I know areaP hooked me up with a good tune, I rode it for a day before my K&N came in, was hella rich. Threw in the filter, it's still maybe a touch rich in spots... My riding buds noticed an improvement as well. Won't turn a 300 into a 636, but If I wanted one I'd go to the dealership.

All my rides always have cold air intakes, or modified intakes, so it was only natural I'd reduce restriction here as well. Anytime you can help an engine breath without overdoing it its a good thing. If it weren't for the habit of pods to not be so rain friendly I would have went that route.
Tricks as old as engines... Want more power get air and fuel in an exhaust out. There is a lot of technical talk that goes along with it, but nobody got time for that

I have only washed my bike once or twice in a year... It looks cool, but I'd rather take it to a detail shop. I don't like trying to get around the rims, rotors, and all the parts.
Otherwise I'd buy your waxes an washes an whatnots:thumbup:

SON1C
June 25th, 2014, 07:25 AM
I'm surprised you googled it :rotflmao:

Def not disappointed. It feels a lot better, I haven't really hammered it to hard yet. Def feels like it revs quicker and has more power, it didn't turn into a zx14 though. Guess it would really depend on the sensitivity of your butt dyno, but since your going to a real dyno you will see it on paper.
I know areaP hooked me up with a good tune, I rode it for a day before my K&N came in, was hella rich. Threw in the filter, it's still maybe a touch rich in spots... My riding buds noticed an improvement as well. Won't turn a 300 into a 636, but If I wanted one I'd go to the dealership.

All my rides always have cold air intakes, or modified intakes, so it was only natural I'd reduce restriction here as well. Anytime you can help an engine breath without overdoing it its a good thing. If it weren't for the habit of pods to not be so rain friendly I would have went that route.
Tricks as old as engines... Want more power get air and fuel in an exhaust out. There is a lot of technical talk that goes along with it, but nobody got time for that

I have only washed my bike once or twice in a year... It looks cool, but I'd rather take it to a detail shop. I don't like trying to get around the rims, rotors, and all the parts.
Otherwise I'd buy your waxes an washes an whatnots:thumbup:

:eek: lol

Yeah definitely, certainly getting all you can out of it though.
Agreed great points, more air and fuel then exhaust to flow it out!
Lol yeah you either enjoy detailing .. or you don't! nothing wrong with that just make sure your shop is taking proper care of you as I'm sure they advertise they do.

do you have any exhaust videos / clips on your setup?

CZroe
June 25th, 2014, 09:54 AM
This thread sure took a turn for the... Something.

JohnnyBravo
June 25th, 2014, 02:20 PM
:rotflmao: :idunno:

SON1C
June 27th, 2014, 03:28 PM
This thread sure took a turn for the... Something.

:rotflmao: :idunno:

haha don't shrug Johnny, this is your doing! or maybe mine for the gif :doh:
:rotflmao:

JohnnyBravo
June 27th, 2014, 07:15 PM
haha don't shrug Johnny, this is your doing! or maybe mine for the gif :doh:
:rotflmao:

Haha best thread