View Full Version : Seeing Double

c-dog
July 1st, 2014, 01:43 PM
So today is my birthday! Brought this one home over the weekend. The deal was far too good to pass up - so now I have another 300! It's very cool to have a smaller bike in the garage to compliment my other bike.

Planned mods: (won't be for awhile unless I get crazy or get a bunch more work in)
Full exhaust, Power Commander, levers, ss lines, pads, filter, fender eliminator, tires - Pilot Roads, All-Balls steering bearings, springs, red rim tape and ZX-3R seat decal to match the 6R. Also installing my old Scorpio alarm system. Not adding clip-ons or rear sets to this one though.

Will update pics at some point when all is done. It will end up looking like a copy of my 6R.

It's nice having a bike that doesn't cook me during traffic and stoplights in the city. I was also getting jealous of reading about people enjoying their 250s and 300s.

csmith12
July 1st, 2014, 01:47 PM
:werd:

c-dog
July 1st, 2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks!

Added an old gps Ram mount set-up from my 250 that was in a box. Works really well and the gps is battery powered and water proof too. The threads on the clutch side work great for an easy install of the Ram ball.

ninjamunky85
July 1st, 2014, 05:09 PM
Nice addition, I wanted abs too but it was only offered on the SE model.

JohnnyBravo
July 1st, 2014, 07:13 PM
Congrats! :thumbup:

c-dog
July 1st, 2014, 08:08 PM
Nice addition, I wanted abs too but it was only offered on the SE model.

Thanks everybody! Really enjoying it.

The ABS was the version in black that was on super sale. I could have gotten a non-ABS for a touch less but it would have been an SE color scheme (the white or green ones) which is not quite my taste. I also wanted it to look like my 6R.

cadd
July 1st, 2014, 10:41 PM
How much?

Singh2jz
July 2nd, 2014, 01:07 AM
Wow, it must've been a really good deal then!

Congrats!!

psych0hans
July 2nd, 2014, 02:11 AM
Damn neat!!! :D Congratulations :thumbup:

c-dog
July 2nd, 2014, 04:15 PM
How much?

I'd rather not say. I have a great relationship with a certain dealership and this is the 7th brand new bike I've gotten there.

Wow, it must've been a really good deal then!

Congrats!!

Damn neat!!! :D Congratulations :thumbup:

Thanks! I am enjoying it a lot so far.

Modding it is going to be so much fun. I have a few things shipping to me next week - fender eliminator, All-Balls steering bearing set, and CRG levers.
Oh yeah!

k-os
July 2nd, 2014, 07:20 PM
Nice! We need to meet up soon for a ride! Friend of mine just bought a motorcycle as well.

c-dog
July 2nd, 2014, 07:58 PM
Hey Andy! It's been a long time. That would be fun - down for a ride whenever.

This coming weekend or next I might go with thisisbenji to check out the Kettle Moraine area. He found some great areas with tons of twistys. That would be a longer all day type ride.

Or could do something shorter locally-ish as well. Would be fun to ride in the Sheboygan area too.

Finesse
July 8th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I'd totally take all my clothes off in that garage. not like you need more sexy, but.. I might have the impulse

psych0hans
July 8th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I'd totally take all my clothes off in that garage. not like you need more sexy, but.. I might have the impulse

:worthlesswithoutpic :angel:

Finesse
July 8th, 2014, 09:21 PM
you know that 'pics or it didnt happen'? well it didnt happen. so no pics

Sirref
July 8th, 2014, 09:24 PM
didn't happen...yet

Finesse
July 8th, 2014, 09:27 PM
there's always that..