View Full Version : My Pack Rack - on a 86 Ninja - Checker Plate

thsadmin
May 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Guys,

If anyone has a separate seat for their pillion on their Ninja then this is for you, I am not sure what years have the two piece seats - ie. main and Pillion.

It comes off and on pretty easy, just a turn of the key and it's done. If anyone wants pictures of the under side let me know and I will upload them - if you want to copy the design.

Snake
May 5th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Yes please post some pics. That could be very useful.

thsadmin
May 6th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Yes please post some pics. That could be very useful.

OK no worries I will take some pic's of it tonight.

fjyang
May 6th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hi, Jase, Finally another brother from the 86-87 Classic has show up ;-) Your Ninja is the vary first model Ninja 250 Kawasaki has produced and they only made it for two years so hold on to it. The engine didn't change much at all from 88-07 2nd Gen 250 so keeping your running should not be a problem at all but finding plastic fairing will be your biggest challenge. Like your mod on the tail piece with a loop bar. Is it use for stunt riding? or cargo carring?

thsadmin
May 6th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Hey Frank, I have seen your bike a few times, you have done an awesome job to get it looking like new. I like the 86-87 Model - it is a sweet bike.

Mine's only done 8000 miles or 11000 (edited) KMs, I purchased it registered and roadworthy with new parts and elbow grease put it by the previous owner - for $2500 Aussies Dollars - or about $1800 USD.

I am glad my fairings are in good shape - with only a few small hairline cracks around the bolts.

The rack was made by the previous owner and he used it for his work gear ... I will get the rest of the photos up today.

fjyang
May 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Wow! 8,000 miles is vary low for its age, plenty of enjoyment left if you take care of it. Price is pretty good for such a low mileage bike. Regardless of price, its actually finding one for sale will be the hard part. An aftermarket spring or even just raising the volumn of the fork oil will improve the front end tremendously.

Awsome ride you got there!..of course I'm bias :-)