View Full Version : Integrated tail light

mxnello
May 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Who makes one and link/links please, thanks!

NJD022588
May 5th, 2009, 02:28 PM
As far as I know, none.

M-Oorb
May 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM
clear alternatives is going to be coming out with one for the new ninja's. I had contacted them during the winter and they said spring of this year it should be out. Well its spring time....cant wait :)

NJD022588
May 5th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Well thats good to know. :thumbup: Once those come out, grab one up real quick because there WILL be a waiting list!

M-Oorb
May 5th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Haha you better bet imma jump on that quick. I usually hate being the first one with anything as I like to hear feedback and see DIY's first but I've been waiting oh so long

Ninja007
May 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
yeah, I contacted clear alternatives a little over a month ago and they told me "late summer". all the means to me is "never."

djindia23
May 7th, 2009, 08:53 AM
i just emailed them actually today... just got a generic reply that said my suggestion is being taken into consideration... hope they come out with one soon... would love to get rid of those stock blinkers...

AZninja250
May 7th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I contacted them last week... The guy said that since the 2008 ninja isn't in high demand as some of the other larger sport bikes that just released this year that they have pushed the production on the 250r integrated tail lights has been pushed back to late fall...early winter...

So yeah .. never... lame... :mad:

mxnello
May 7th, 2009, 12:08 PM
flush mount turn signals, any pics / links, thanks again

NJD022588
May 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
flush mount turn signals, any pics / links, thanks again

Here's where you can buy them: http://www.newenoughhp.com/parts/turn_signals__led%27s/high_tech_speed/kawasaki_motorcycle_proton_light_flush_mount_led_turn_signals.html

Pics on a members bike: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=54710#post54710

If you're talking about rear flush mounts, you have to come up with your own solution. Some people have used LED bars and others have installed flush mounts by drilling the rear fairings.

mxnello
May 8th, 2009, 03:09 AM
looking for ideas for back end of bike, thanks though for info

Bikemonkey
May 21st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Guys

We have just had some specifically manufactured for us. We have flown over five for images and advertising purposes. These will be available from Monday, the next manufacturing run will be in three weeks time. These Integrated LED Tail Lights will come as a complete unit and in a crystal clear lens. If anyone would like to agree to take images/video for us please contact sales@bikemonkey.com.au

Cheers
Carl

Bikemonkey
May 26th, 2009, 01:23 AM
A big thanks to everyone who offered help with the images - look forward to receiving them.

This is our Crystal Clear Lens Version, featuring chrome internals for additional light.......:thumbup:
http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images//250RNinja08-09.JPG

mxnello
May 26th, 2009, 03:14 AM
link to purchase please:D

Bikemonkey
May 26th, 2009, 03:22 AM
link to purchase please:D

We got three additional units and put them straight on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=360158185406

These are as rare as rocking horse s:censored:t. I do believe we are the first company to get these manufactured.

We have another batch of 25 coming in two weeks, from there after we should have enough stock to keep people happy.

All the best
BikeMonkey

M-Oorb
May 26th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Is it possible to shoot some of us pm's when you get the shipment as I know many would be interested in buying...I know I would be. Anyway they look really nice...how much?
Posted via Mobile Device

M-Oorb
May 26th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Nevermind just went to the ebay page and did the conversion...107 and change USD. Are these just plug and play? Any wire cutting needed? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Bikemonkey
May 26th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Nevermind just went to the ebay page and did the conversion...107 and change USD. Are these just plug and play? Any wire cutting needed? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah the LED Tail Light is plug and play. The two turnsignal wires need to be connected for the turnsignal option, these have connectors also.

M-Oorb
May 26th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I'm an idiot and just read the whole ebay page...scratch my last question...I want one now
Posted via Mobile Device

M-Oorb
May 26th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Ill be buying one of these from ebay later today...what flasher relay will I need for this?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bikemonkey
May 26th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Ill be buying one of these from ebay later today...what flasher relay will I need for this?
Posted via Mobile Device

We are getting some plug-and-play ones made up at the moment. Kawasaki changed the pin arrangement for the new Ninja. The stock Flasher Relay is located under the seat, left hand side....
http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/DSC00629.JPG
I would suggest you disconnect your stock flasher relay and take it to your local Auto Mart. Ask for an LED Relay than handles 1-100 LED's. These are more readily available in the US than elsewhere and shouldn't cost more than $10.

Cheers

tinng321
May 26th, 2009, 07:22 AM
do you have a pic of it on the bike?

M-Oorb
May 26th, 2009, 07:55 AM
do you mean you are making ones that are plug and play that will not need a new flasher relay?

k-os
May 26th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Very interested. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it mounted and in action (signaling).

dmonaco05
May 26th, 2009, 08:35 AM
looks great, +2 to what k-os just said.

delvey91
May 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I like this alot :D. I will buy one for sure when i get some more cash :D

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 04:01 AM
They actualy look HOT!!!!
How do u add pictures in here?

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 04:14 AM
There we go.. Never noticed the advanced button...

Bikemonkey
May 27th, 2009, 04:30 AM
http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail1.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail2.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail3.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail4.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail5.JPG

Contact sales@bikemonkey.com.au to be informed of the next batch available

Bikemonkey
May 27th, 2009, 05:10 AM
anjWfKo6GUk

M-Oorb
May 27th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Could you possibly get a picture of the light with the rear seat on? Only reason I ask is cause the fitment in the back looks a little off but that could be due to the crappy seat cowl that kawi has been making of late. TIA
Posted via Mobile Device

miks
May 27th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Glad to see its a Vic Bike :D

Great product.

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Go Victoria!!!

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Oh n` heres my rear seat. took a while 2 find it..

M-Oorb
May 27th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the picture. Fitment looks better with the rear seat with only a minor gap present from what I can see.overall looks like a nice product...how's quality on it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bikemonkey
May 27th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Oh n` heres my rear seat. took a while 2 find it..

That's a snug fit, it should be, it's a direct replacement for the stock tail light.

Looks great, very proud:thumbup:

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Realy good for an aftermarket part. fast fit just 2 extra wires for the indicators.
Should i do a start 2 finish install on here sumwhere? I dunno, im new to the site.

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Oh and u need the gap, other wise sliding the seat on will cause probs.

cifex
May 27th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Also very interested! :thumbup:

Would like to see some pics on the bike and a link to buy!

cifex
May 27th, 2009, 06:09 AM
What does it look like when the brake light and one of the turn signals is on?.....IE: right before you turn. Pics , short video clip possible?

That's sweet!

M-Oorb
May 27th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Yea a DIY would be great...simply go to the tech part of the site and go for it. Make sure you take pics for the process...thanks a lot!
Posted via Mobile Device

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Think this link is in here sumwhere. remeber just finished the instal few hours ago, just a short vid. need a better camera.

anjWfKo6GUk

M-Oorb
May 27th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Ohh so this mod is new to you haha. Well let us know quality in a couple weeks...like seals and stuff...looks like a promising product and now we don't have to wait for clear alternatives to get there act together
Posted via Mobile Device

cifex
May 27th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Looks good. Is it legal?

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Easy dun, ill get onto the DIY side of things soonish. already taken the fotos on the off chance i screwed sumthing up, then i could go back and see what happened. but all in all, im in love with the light. looks HOT!

bae13
May 27th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Just like everything else on the bike and car. depends on the cop.

cifex
May 27th, 2009, 06:35 AM
depends on the cop.

qft!

M-Oorb
May 27th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Haha I dunno about that...cop legally can't write you a ticket for a DOT approved aftermarket tailight or headlight.if he does...I mean they can always DO anything pretty much...you plead not guilty and go to court and win...if it is DOT approved that is. So the question is...are these DOT approved? if it is it should say so someplace on the light, I believe?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bikemonkey
May 27th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Haha I dunno about that...cop legally can't write you a ticket for a DOT approved aftermarket tailight or headlight.if he does...I mean they can always DO anything pretty much...you plead not guilty and go to court and win...if it is DOT approved that is. So the question is...are these DOT approved? if it is it should say so someplace on the light, I believe?
Posted via Mobile Device

Our manufacturer makes complete replacement tail light units for European suppliers. Therefore their tail lights have CE approval. However, as a minimum distance is required between turnsignals, Integrated Tail Lights do not have a road legal approval (apart from some states in the US and Canada where the same restrictions do not apply).

I have just checked five of our clear alternatives tail lights and they do not have DOT approval.

headshrink
May 27th, 2009, 09:28 AM
How bright are they compaired to OEM lights? It looks bright in the video, but I know the camera doesn't really give a good indication.

Do the break lights modulate? I assume I could add my existing one if not....

Any idea on price yet?

Pretty sure there will be a group buy thread soon ;)

Looks better than I expected by the way!

randomwalk101
May 27th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Another nice accessory :)
Posted via Mobile Device

noche_caliente
May 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I like it! Now, I know most people do these to get rid of the stock signals, but I'm one of the folks who wants to be as visible as possible... would it work in conjunction with the stockers?

CRXTrek
May 27th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I like it! Now, I know most people do these to get rid of the stock signals, but I'm one of the folks who wants to be as visible as possible... would it work in conjunction with the stockers?

It should without any problem

kappuru
May 27th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I'll be taking pictures of this soon and I have a HD camera, I'll upload it to youtube in 720P for you guys. Also I should be getting some moving images as well.

Bikemonkey
May 28th, 2009, 04:52 AM
More Images.....

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail7.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail8.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail9.JPG

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/Bradtail10.JPG

tinng321
May 28th, 2009, 04:58 AM
price please???
and where to buy?

gizmogamez
May 28th, 2009, 06:10 AM
very sexy, would love to have this.

camaroz1985
May 28th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I guess you could also use it just as a replacement tail light if you don't hook up the turn signals. Any chance of a cheaper one with no turn signals?

andrewwoo
May 28th, 2009, 06:50 AM
IM IN LOVE! wow i really like that!!!! hmm.. i might just get it.. even tho its not DOT approved.. it just LOOKS THAT AMAZING!!!!

Banzai
May 28th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Our manufacturer makes complete replacement tail light units for European suppliers. Therefore their tail lights have CE approval. However, as a minimum distance is required between turnsignals, Integrated Tail Lights do not have a road legal approval (apart from some states in the US and Canada where the same restrictions do not apply).

I have just checked five of our clear alternatives tail lights and they do not have DOT approval.

The required minimum seperation distance is what kills it for me. VA has annual inspections. Sometimes they check stuff like that, sometimes they don't.

Usually, the police also check the sticker number on your inspection sticker when they ticket for "faulty or altered equipment". If the state police notice that numbers sent to a particular inspection station get lots of tickets, well.....they set up a sting operation and he's toast. That's why most inspectors in my state are VERY careful to follow the book, or they're in legal hot water bad enough that the fines usually put them out of business. With the economy like it is, they can't afford to loose out like that. Happened a few years back, the last big round up put almost 15% of state vehicle inspection stations off the map state wide.

I love the product, though. NICELY cleans up the tail section of the bike. Couple it with proton flush mount fronts and it's a nicely refined look.

randomwalk101
May 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM
The required minimum seperation distance is what kills it for me. VA has annual inspections. Sometimes they check stuff like that, sometimes they don't.

Usually, the police also check the sticker number on your inspection sticker when they ticket for "faulty or altered equipment". If the state police notice that numbers sent to a particular inspection station get lots of tickets, well.....they set up a sting operation and he's toast. That's why most inspectors in my state are VERY careful to follow the book, or they're in legal hot water bad enough that the fines usually put them out of business. With the economy like it is, they can't afford to loose out like that. Happened a few years back, the last big round up put almost 15% of state vehicle inspection stations off the map state wide.

I love the product, though. NICELY cleans up the tail section of the bike. Couple it with proton flush mount fronts and it's a nicely refined look.

put stock back on when go for inspection yooo!!! anymore problem that'd kill you? :D

Banzai
May 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
put stock back on when go for inspection yooo!!! anymore problem that'd kill you? :D

That would be one royal PITA for a 30 minute roll up to the inspection and back. Heck, they just passed a new noise ordinance here that almost requires that we all go back to stock exhausts, too! If they tighten up any more, I'm gonna retire and move to a less communist state!

kkim
May 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
If they tighten up any more, I'm gonna retire and move to a less communist state!
well, that leaves Kahlifornia out. :p

Bikemonkey
May 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Even if the turnsignals are not hooked up, it makes a pretty cool accessory - but i would say that :thumbup:

M-Oorb
May 28th, 2009, 04:17 PM
So Carl, any chance of a group buy? I think a bunch of people are interested :D

noche_caliente
May 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
That would be one royal PITA for a 30 minute roll up to the inspection and back. Heck, they just passed a new noise ordinance here that almost requires that we all go back to stock exhausts, too! If they tighten up any more, I'm gonna retire and move to a less communist state!

You're just in the wrong part of the state - they're not as bad, and the roads are much better out here :)

Bikemonkey
May 28th, 2009, 11:20 PM
So Carl, any chance of a group buy? I think a bunch of people are interested :D

Yeah I can arrange a group buy. Let me know numbers and I'll get a price.

andrewwoo
May 29th, 2009, 05:47 AM
count me IN!!!!! +1

k-os
May 29th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'm in for the group buy.

tinng321
May 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I'm In

Ken08Ninja
May 29th, 2009, 11:04 AM
:whathesaid:

Ken
May 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM
In for the group buy.

Bikemonkey
May 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Is anyone offering to manage this over in the US?

If not I can simply give people a discount code to enter into the website and they can purchase direct. The problem is that we'll be shipping lots of single Tails to the US and everyone will be paying $30AUD for P&H.

Thanks
Carl

headshrink
May 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
What is the website?

Bikemonkey
May 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
What is the website?

www.bikemonkey.com.au

Ken
May 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Discount code, please! If you ship it to a central location that person will also have to spend additional time and $ to distribute it.

M-Oorb
May 29th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I'm down for anything that makes things cheaper :)
Posted via Mobile Device

andrewwoo
May 29th, 2009, 10:19 PM
what he said.. and props to someone who can organize this..

randomwalk101
May 29th, 2009, 10:56 PM
bikemonkey,

that U-tube video is kinda weak. Can you do another, and when you have the signal on...instead of pulsing the brake light, can you just squeeze the brake and hold it there like 3 seconds so we can see the difference? Also, with signal OFF, squeeze the brake and hold it for 3 seconds instead of pulsing like 0.00005 seconds. thanks.

richierich781
May 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
these are nice. want one too. where's the discount code?

Ken
May 30th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Placed my order. Thanks!

DsmRacing
May 30th, 2009, 07:37 PM
How much are they shipped to the US then, and are they available now? How long would it take for delivery. Moving soon, so trying to figure out where to have it sent :rolleyes:
Group buy going on? Discount code?

Thanks,

Chad

bae13
May 30th, 2009, 10:17 PM
price please???
and where to buy?
www.bikemonkey.com.au or cantact sales@bikemonkey.com.au

bae13
May 30th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I love the product, though. NICELY cleans up the tail section of the bike. Couple it with proton flush mount fronts and it's a nicely refined look.[/QUOTE]

Your not wrong about the proton flush mounts. heres the front/ side of the bike also with the frame sliders and would you look at that. u can get em all from www.bikemonkey.com.au :)

bae13
June 1st, 2009, 03:24 AM
heres the 2nd take in HD on the tail light http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7u31hsgrP0

noche_caliente
June 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone - I've PM'd with Carl and am willing to coordinate the group buy. Please add your name to the list if you are definitely in on the group buy. Once I have numbers and we can get shipping prices from Carl, I'll find out the exact total for everyone. The total will be in the $125 ballpark I think, but this depends on shipping from Australia.

I will run this through 6/12 or until we reach 15 orders before finalizing the order.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=63898#post63898

CLOSED! This round is over, but stay tuned, we may do another if we have enough interest!

noche_caliente
June 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
:bump:

bae13
June 9th, 2009, 04:14 AM
For those of you looking to get the taillight, i recomend it. heres my DIY for the install.. No Cut. So Dont Cut!! And log in so u can see the pics!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21581

slowwwly
June 11th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Bikerlitez.com sells a fender eliminator that cleans the back end (including blinkers) totally up. the kit has two license plate-mounted blinkers, it looks real good.

slowwwly
June 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM
i just emailed them actually today... just got a generic reply that said my suggestion is being taken into consideration... hope they come out with one soon... would love to get rid of those stock blinkers...
Bikelitez.com sells a fender eliminator kit that cleans up the back (including the blinkers) and includes two license plate-mounted turn signals.

andrewwoo
June 11th, 2009, 07:25 PM
We are getting some plug-and-play ones made up at the moment. Kawasaki changed the pin arrangement for the new Ninja. The stock Flasher Relay is located under the seat, left hand side....
http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/images/DSC00629.JPG
I would suggest you disconnect your stock flasher relay and take it to your local Auto Mart. Ask for an LED Relay than handles 1-100 LED's. These are more readily available in the US than elsewhere and shouldn't cost more than $10.

Cheers

i asked around.. ppl dont have this relay and i looked online its like 15 bucks... :( can someone get one for me? you can be my new best friend!

headshrink
June 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I have the no-cut brake light flasher. Would it work on this new integrated tail light?

NJD022588
June 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM
i asked around.. ppl dont have this relay and i looked online its like 15 bucks... :( can someone get one for me? you can be my new best friend!

If you want the 1-100 LED flasher, that doesnt sound like a bad price. I got my generic electronic flasher for $10 from an auto parts store.

Ken
June 23rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
I have the no-cut brake light flasher. Would it work on this new integrated tail light?

Yes, it will work. I just received mine and installed the tail light. Below is a vid I made. Note that I also have a license frame with LED brake/running lights.

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg393/kawiken/Ninja%20250R/th_DSCF1271.jpg (http://s541.photobucket.com/albums/gg393/kawiken/Ninja%20250R/?action=view&current=DSCF1271.flv)
Thanks to Carl from bikemonkey.com.au for bringing these tail lights into the market!:thumbup:

noche_caliente
June 23rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
ken the photobucket thing says it's been moved or deleted....

bikeboyben14
June 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM
anyone got a link for where to buy the flasher online

k-os
June 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Received mine today and got it installed, except there's one problem. I took a look at your Install instructions and under the part about turn signals it says, ""The blue and yellow wires have connectors attached which will plug directly into your motorcycle's harness with no modifications necessary." I still have the stock turn signal harness and am not seeing how I'd be able to hook these turn signal wires up to it. Any pictures/info you can give me?

noche_caliente
June 26th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Glad it made it Andy!

Bikemonkey
June 27th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Don't forget guys, Brad posted a really helpfull DIY installation of the kit on this forum http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21581&highlight=integrated

Thanks to everyone who either took part in the group buy or bought from us individually.

For anyone that missed out, smoke lens versions will be here next week and we have plenty of stock.

Thanks again

Carl
www.bikemonkey.com.au

k-os
June 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Don't forget guys, Brad posted a really helpfull DIY installation of the kit on this forum http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21581&highlight=integrated

Thanks to everyone who either took part in the group buy or bought from us individually.

For anyone that missed out, smoke lens versions will be here next week and we have plenty of stock.

Thanks again

Carl
www.bikemonkey.com.au

I checked out the DIY, but I'm still wondering why the instructions say that the turn signals can be connected to the stock signal harness.

Bikemonkey
June 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I checked out the DIY, but I'm still wondering why the instructions say that the turn signals can be connected to the stock signal harness.

We have one set of instructions for every tail light we sell. This is because they really only consist of one plug be it bulb type or stock connector and two turnsignal wires. The turn signal wires need to be connected to the positive wire of each side of turnsignal, using the connector and the positive wire from the turnsignal harness. There should be no soldering required.

Thanks

DarkNinja52
December 31st, 2009, 05:10 AM
Group buy for smoke lens? can we do this and would anyone be interested???
i also gotta find a decent fender elim for a decent price

DarkNinja52
December 31st, 2009, 05:29 AM
http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/kawasaki-250r-ninja-2008-2009-crystal-clear-lens-led-taillight-with-integrated-turnsignals-and-fender-eliminator-tail-tidy.html

is this really as awesome as i think it is?.. and yes it is 7am and no i didnt go to sleep... xbox live and COD4:Modern Warfare 2 has taken over my life...

ztrack157
January 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM
I don't think bike monkey comes around much any more. I sell them for what the gb price was.

g21-30
March 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM

Went for my annual Auto Safety Inspection (VA) today and the inspector remembered me from when I had my bike inspected. He mentioned that he recently discovered that the rear turn signals must be at least 9" apart on motorcycles! He is now failing all bikes with integrated signals (not 9" apart)! My main reason for not buying an integrated setup.

headshrink
March 29th, 2010, 04:24 PM
While I personally choose to keep my stock signals, because I believe they are safer, I abhor nanny-states!

jonthechron
March 29th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Went for my annual Auto Safety Inspection (VA) today and the inspector remembered me from when I had my bike inspected. He mentioned that he recently discovered that the rear turn signals must be at least 9" apart on motorcycles! He is now failing all bikes with integrated signals (not 9" apart)! My main reason for not buying an integrated setup.

What if it's integrated, but stock signals are still present and functional?

g21-30
March 30th, 2010, 04:00 AM

That's a very good question! Since I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV, my opinion is not worth much. I think it would probably be OK, as it enhances visibility.

Here's the real situation: In VA, you're NOT required to have turn signals on a motorcycle, but if present, they must be functional, along with the distance requirement!!

headshrink
March 30th, 2010, 11:50 AM
that's a very good question! Since i'm not a lawyer and don't play one on tv, my opinion is not worth much. I think it would probably be ok, as it enhances visibility.

Here's the real situation: In va, you're not required to have turn signals on a motorcycle, but if present, they must be functional, along with the distance requirement!!

wow!!!

jonthechron
April 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
wow!!!

(?_?)
|
/\

Momaru
April 5th, 2010, 10:59 AM

I'll report back after my inspection. Have integrated signals, but stocks are also present and functional. That said, the station I go to doesn't see a whole lot of motorcycles, so one instance may not be representative.