View Full Version : Fairing above headlight problem?

MCNinja18
July 14th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is still considered the fairing, but the covering above my right headlight always kinda loosens up. I always push it back together, it kinda snaps and locks into place, but after a ride, it comes loose again. Anyone know how to fix it so it's completely "locked" into place?

Attached are the images of both sides above the headlights.

I have a 2013 Ninja 300, bought it used ~5k miles.

Thanks for your time ladies and gents!

csmith12
July 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Welcome Marvin!

Maybe someone with a 300 can help you out soon.

MCNinja18
July 14th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Appreciate the warm welcome Chris :D :smile-beerglass:

I realized I might've posted this in the wrong forum.. I hope this is still okay. :doh:

ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk >

Is there a way I can move this into the Ninja 300 tech talk forum? Or can an admin assist me on that please?

Sorry for the inconvenience guys! :(

Alex
July 14th, 2014, 11:54 AM
/thread moved to 300 tech section.

Those side fairing popping out one click are a reasonably common issue. Seems to happen more on the left than the right, at least by online reports. Some people have had success by loosening all of the fairing mounting screws, slightly repositioning, and retightening.

Brother Michigan
July 14th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Here's a video that purportedly shows the order in which to tighten the fairings so that this gap no longer appears:

6JeMys3nyIw

I have the same problem and Ive been planning to try out the method in this video, but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe you can let us know how well it works!

MCNinja18
July 14th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Hrmm, thank you for the link! I will make time this weekend to try this.. hopefully I got the right tools at home already.

I will definitely report back on how it went

*keeping fingers crossed, hoping it goes well* :bow:

MCNinja18
July 26th, 2014, 05:10 PM
K, so if I'm sitting on the bike, I removed the right side fairings, and put em back together. I think one problem might've been that the previous owner might've taken them apart before and switched some screws.. or that could've just been me :confused:

Anyways, I've put em back together, it looks flush but now comes the real test.. Gonna go ride for a few see if it pops back out.. I'll keep you guys posted. Let's hope this goes well *fingers crossed*

Cause if it pops back out, imma cry :doh: I spent like 3-4 hours trying to do it.

Brother Michigan
July 26th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Good luck! I've basically given up getting mine to stay flush until I have a good amount of time to spend on it.

MCNinja18
July 26th, 2014, 07:03 PM
It didnt workkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :( :(

Sigh, it looked flush but iono.. all it took was a few bumps and out it popped back out... le SIGH

But I mean now I know how it's screwed on, I don't have to worry about it like "ripping and flying off" while I'm riding one day..

I saw some guy who said he made multiple trips to the Kawasaki dealership and multiple letters and they finally sent him new fairings and his problem was resolved.. I guess its just the crappy fairings :(

Forever with the gap I stay then..

JohnnyBravo
July 27th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I musta got a good one... Never had any pop ups in the fairing department... Welcome