View Full Version : 300 Exhaust Combo - FMF Header with Akrapovic slip-on

c-dog
July 14th, 2014, 04:53 PM
So I really like the look of the Akrapovic slip-on - but I want a full exhaust and PCV.

The Akrapovic slip-on attaches to the stock header.
The FMF slip-on attaches to the stock header too.

Now here's where it gets interesting - to get an FMF full exhaust you have to buy the FMF slip-on and FMF header.

So by this rationale the FMF header pipe is/should be the same thickness where the exhaust attaches as stock - so the Akrapovic should fit. Should be able to have a full system that uses the Akrapovic slip-on

Will this be possible?

(I probably won't test this myself. Will probably buy the Yoshimura R77 full system to make things easier ---- but the Akrapovic looks so much better to me. Why won't Akrapovic just make a full system? :( )

Why do I want a slip-on or full exhaust? Not for more power or noise, but my boot hits the heat shield. It's no big deal, but makes me want to change it up. And having the bike look better wouldn't be bad either. Usually I don't do any exhaust mods, cause I like things quiet.

tfkrocks
July 14th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I thought about trying that because I wanted an akrapovic exhaust but ended up just getting an Area P because buying those two separate parts ends up costing more.

c-dog
July 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I thought about trying that because I wanted an akrapovic exhaust but ended up just getting an Area P because buying those two separate parts ends up costing more.

Yeah, I'll have to look into Area P also. I like that new end cap they have now too. The extra money I'd save could go for a tuner.

Have to admit that I love the Akrapovic look and always wanted one on a bike someday.

c-dog
July 28th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Kind of sad. I called FMF and found out that the header they sell for the 300 will only fit their FMF slip-on. This is from tech support. Maybe they are just covering themselves. I asked about it working with the stock exhaust and he said no.

I'm sure with money/time/skill anything is possible.
But I'll leave this experiment to someone else.

iamjacob
July 28th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I'm sure with money/time/skill anything is possible.

This is always the answer. I'm sure you could fab up an interface between and header and and pipe, you just need good sheet metal and welding skills.