View Full Version : 2008 Ninja 250R ~ mild streetfighter project

1hardryder4life
May 6th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I'm thinking about selling this little commuter now as something has come up. Its located in Chino, CA 91710. It has a clean title that will be given to the new owner shortly after the sale. A bill of sale will be provided. It has around 7,000 miles on it currently and all maintenance is up to date. Registration is also current. It could use a better way to mount the gauge cluster or to have a custom gauge put on instead. Other than that, its a sweet little bike. Asking $2,900 obo. Make me an offer, it wont hurt.

-Stock air box has been completely removed and replaced with a K&N air filter
-Carbs have been re-jetted
-Full exhaust system, 12" muffler, Area P's D.E.I. quiet insert
-Ebay pegs replaced the stock ones
-Stock coolant reservoir has been removed, replaced, and relocated to under the seat where the stock air box was
-Shogun slider kit installed includes bar end sliders and swingarm slider spools
-Single rear view mirror clamps to left handlebar & folds down and out of the way when not in use
-4" dual headlight kit clamps to the forks and includes a windscreen and turn signals that mount to the side brackets
-DMP S-Spec rear stand will come with it along with extra oil filters

Snake
May 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Wow that looks totaly awesome. You definetely have a one of a kind there.

TnNinjaGirl
May 6th, 2009, 01:30 PM
If you could do something with the tabs on the tank you'd really have something there. Machine guns maybe? I kid, but seriously I think it looks pretty awesome. I'd buy one.

1hardryder4life
May 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah the tabs would have to be taken off via grinding the welds down and removing the bracket. However, Kawi did a great job at welding those suckers on there so it would be quite involved. Definitely would take some heavy grinding, welding, filling, sanding, repainting, etc. Perhaps I will keep my eye open for a used or damaged fuel tank and put it to work some day.

M-Oorb
May 6th, 2009, 02:10 PM
That is def. a one of a kind bike and looks really good. Any estimate on how much weight you saved? Hows it ride at highway speeds not without those fairings on?

tinng321
May 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM
wow... very nice...
don't you have to clean the engine more often now since you don't have the fairing?

1hardryder4life
May 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
That is def. a one of a kind bike and looks really good. Any estimate on how much weight you saved? Hows it ride at highway speeds not without those fairings on?

I wondered that myself but I dont even have a bathroom scale at home to weigh myself, let alone weigh the parts removed. I wouldnt mind finding out though. It rides just fine on the highway, havent really noticed a difference to be honest.

wow... very nice...
don't you have to clean the engine more often now since you don't have the fairing?

Its possible that the engine and other bits might be more likely to get dirty without any fairings but I doubt its any big difference. Just imagine all the other "naked" bikes out there to get an idea...Harleys, dualsports, supermotos, standards. Its easy to spot clean anyway since there are no fairings to remove. It just a matter of grabbing a rag every once in a while and cleaning any dirt spots up.

Broom
May 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
i bet you could shorten or buy shorter pucks for your slider kit. the only reason they're that long is to clear the body work. it'd clean it up a bit.

good looking bike though. where'd you get the lights?

1hardryder4life
May 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah they do seem to stick out pretty far. I havent thought of shortening them or looking for shorter ones though. Thats a good idea! Thanks man! The headlight kit is from Aztec8.

Nemy
May 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM
looks sweet! The headlights and front end always make or break a streetfighter and yours looks amazing! :thumbup:

tjkamper
May 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Too bad you didn't have the sliders before hand. Might have saved the plastics.

1hardryder4life
May 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM
naw the sliders wouldnt have helped save the plastics. I wish it was that simple though. I could have easly saved some rashed plastics. However, this wasnt a "slide" type of fall. It was an impact to the front right side of the bike that shattered the right cowling, popped the headlight out of its nest, and bent the upper cowling stay a little bit.

noche_caliente
May 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM
looks completely different - nice touches :)

Rynownd
May 6th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Whoa! That looks sweet!

TnNinjaGirl
May 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'm curious about your wire routing. It looks very clean.

1hardryder4life
May 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Its actually very simple. The only wires that really needed any "re-routing" were the front turn signals because they obviously mount a lot more forward now since they are on the headlight brackets. But those wires were easily tucked up underneath the fuel tank. They then emerge at the front of the tank and run along side the other cables (throttle, choke, clutch) near the head of the frame, to meet the signals themselves.

Jiu Jitsu Player
May 6th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Did you make that radiator cover?

Kolya1981
May 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM
That thing is sex on wheels man! Definitely going to get some looks with that thing! LOL

tjkamper
May 7th, 2009, 05:25 AM
naw the sliders wouldnt have helped save the plastics. I wish it was that simple though. I could have easly saved some rashed plastics. However, this wasnt a "slide" type of fall. It was an impact to the front right side of the bike that shattered the right cowling, popped the headlight out of its nest, and bent the upper cowling stay a little bit.

To bad... the ninja is the prettiest bike under 600cc. I'm glad your okay. But your mod looks awsome. I have seen some where the bike looks like it got recked and they didn't have any money to fix it and that is all. But yours looks clean and like you ment to do it.

1hardryder4life
May 7th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, guys! This is a good forum.

Did you make that radiator cover?

Yeah I "made it" haha. I couldnt find anything available online aside from a company wanting like $125 for a stupid radiator guard or having to pull something from Japan. All I did was get some metal screening from Lowes that had holes small enough to prevent any rocks getting thru. Then cut it to the right size and put it up.

randomwalk101
June 5th, 2009, 11:31 AM
hey TBoz,

WHat peg is this?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1834&d=1241637481

1hardryder4life
June 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Same as this one here on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-09-Kawasaki-EX250-250R-EX-Ninja-Foot-Pegs-Front-Blk_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a13 18Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem29fce5debf QQitemZ180336582335QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

randomwalk101
June 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks bro...may order some to replace mine. I like the look of it. Cheap too :)
How is the fitment? Any sagging issue or anything like that? Thanks.

1hardryder4life
June 5th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Fitment and quality are great. No sagging yet. The stock springs are a little tough to compress enough to get the pin thru but its do-able. Also, the pegs thread onto the base and they can easily come loose while riding. use some thread lock or wrap the threads in a bit of teflon tape so they dont screw loose.

Nickds7
June 5th, 2009, 07:51 PM
So i didnt see it in the thread... What headlight/windscreen setup did you pickup? Ebay link any chance? :D

tpelle
June 24th, 2009, 03:54 PM
If you could do something with the tabs on the tank you'd really have something there. Machine guns maybe? I kid, but seriously I think it looks pretty awesome. I'd buy one.

I'd just mask off most of the tank and paint the tabs flat black.

Ken
June 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Looks great! If it's no trouble can you take a profile shot?

Thanks.

1hardryder4life
July 8th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Asking $2500 firm at this point.

So i didnt see it in the thread... What headlight/windscreen setup did you pickup? Ebay link any chance? :D

www.Aztec8.com

Looks great! If it's no trouble can you take a profile shot?

Thanks.

No problem....

yokozuna
October 31st, 2009, 01:22 AM
how bout this one ?

http://i88.servimg.com/u/f88/14/48/98/09/31102027.jpg

http://i88.servimg.com/u/f88/14/48/98/09/31102028.jpg

http://i88.servimg.com/u/f88/14/48/98/09/31102029.jpg

http://i88.servimg.com/u/f88/14/48/98/09/31102030.jpg

http://i88.servimg.com/u/f88/14/48/98/09/31102031.jpg

CZroe
October 31st, 2009, 02:14 AM
That single-sided swingarm is so awesome. I've seen this bike pop up a few times before the streetfighter modifications unless more than one person has thrown the same swingarm on a red bike. What I want to know is what bike did the swingarm come from and how did they retrofit it?

I guess the hugger was meant for the bike the swingarm was meant for. :)

I also wonder where the replacement fairings came from...