View Full Version : Laid off?

Snake
May 8th, 2009, 06:43 AM
The vice president of our company just told us that the work force will be reduced by a third and those that get laid off will get a 60 day notice. I still do not know if I am one of the unlucky few. I will find out soo.

Please say a prayer for me.

Thanks all.

thsadmin
May 8th, 2009, 06:49 AM
The vice president of our company just told us that the work force will be reduced by a third and those that get laid off will get a 60 day notice. I still do not know if I am one of the unlucky few. I will find out soo.

Please say a prayer for me.

Thanks all.

Damn that sucks ... I have had the same issue ... now trying to find a job is even harder, so many people are applying for even the worst jobs. Might do a course or even an apprenticeship ....

Apex
May 8th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I was one of the first in line for a marketing job at a local Harley Davidson dealership, and that got tossed by the side due to the current economic conditions. So I still sit at my current job.

A prayer has been thrown out your way. ;)

tinng321
May 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM
i'm sure you are a valuable resource for them to even consider letting you go.
hang in there.
we are all with you man.

kawibelle
May 8th, 2009, 07:03 AM
That sucks. My boyfriend just got laid off last week. He's been in construction management since he got out of college. Not a whole lot of hiring for that these days! Will absolutely keep you in my prayers...

randomwalk101
May 8th, 2009, 07:05 AM
look on the bright side...more time to ride :thumbup:

kawibelle
May 8th, 2009, 07:08 AM

Yeah, my bf gets to ride all day while I'm at work!!! :mad:

BlueTyke
May 8th, 2009, 07:10 AM

While this may be true it still does take a little bit of funds to be able to do this not to mention the regular bills and the like.

Here is to good wishes Rick! :thumbup:

tinng321
May 8th, 2009, 07:15 AM
While this may be true it still does take a little bit of funds to be able to do this not to mention the regular bills and the like.

Here is to good wishes Rick! :thumbup:

thanks god it only take about 4.5 gallons to fill up...

talldrink
May 8th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Sending good wishes you way Rick!!! :thumbup:

Snake
May 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Thank you to every one for your prayers and good wishes.

xTKx
May 8th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Hoping and praying all works out for the best for you Rick. :pray:

randomwalk101
May 8th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah, my bf gets to ride all day while I'm at work!!! :mad:

again,look on the bright side..just ride him when you get home...or me if you want to change up your ride j/k :D

OldGuy
May 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Rick - if you become one of the 33% be sure and post up your basic qualifications, other than being a Ninja owner and all around good guy, and maybe somebody can help. In the mean time hang in there and we will be thinking of your fellow workers.

mcteague
May 8th, 2009, 09:14 AM
A few months ago the large IT healthcare company I work for outsourced to a certain Plano Texas IT firm. We all had to interview for our jobs. We knew that not everyone would make the transition. Of course this happened when several huge projects were either underway or coming soon. Very stressful stuff. I kept my job but got a new title. Then I broke my ankle and had to work what amounts to double duty on crutches as we lost some staff. Some of the time I wonder if I really was one of the lucky ones.

Tim

CC Cowboy
May 8th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Rick, don't wait to find out if you are one of the ones told to go ride your bike. Line something up now and if you stay at your old job you're good and if you don't you'll be ahead of all the others that were laid off.

ninjablk08
May 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
prayers go's out to you Rick

Daeldren
May 8th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I was in the same position about a month ago, got laid off at my job as a technician for one of BMW's suppliers. I just recently started a new position with another smaller German automotive supplier that prepares glass enclosures for Mercedes and I am definately liking the job a lot better. Things are still a little rough now though since they are running lean and just found out about layoffs in Germany, hopefully things will start to pick up here soon. If this job works out though I could be in a lead tech position eventually and I really enjoy the management here. So keep your head up and if something does happen you may end up getting a better position in the future.

Snake
May 8th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Well I finaly found out that I was one of the unfortunate few to get laid off. One good thing is that it is not effective for 60 days, so I have that much more time to look. Again thank you to everyone for their prayers & well wishes. This is not the end of the world. I will bounce back.

Daeldren
May 8th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear that man, its rough I know how it feels. The best thing you can do is stay positive and motivated. It took about a month before I heard back from my current employer, and luckily out of the few interviews I did have I wanted to work for them more so than any other job I interviewed at. It could be a blessing in disguise for you, so as I said before keep your head high and just try to take care of finances for now.

Are you getting a severance package at all?

py2e
May 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Well I finaly found out that I was one of the unfortunate few to get laid off. One good thing is that it is not effective for 60 days, so I have that much more time to look. Again thank you to everyone for their prayers & well wishes. This is not the end of the world. I will bounce back.

I hope you find something even better. :thumbup:

TnNinjaGirl
May 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
That sucks. Thoughts be with you.

thsadmin
May 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Well I finaly found out that I was one of the unfortunate few to get laid off.

Damn that sucks, keep ya head up, at least you have 60 days - that will go quick though. Start looking for work and like others have said it may be a blessing in disguise ...

Strider
May 8th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Ouch Rick, I hope you can bounce back quick from this !

We just found out today that our machine shop may close by the end of the month.
We have already laid off over 75% of our workforce, and we're down to 9 employees right now. I've been there for 16 years myself.
50/50 chance we may never re-open, so I know what your going threw ...

ninjablk08
May 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM
keep your head up and don't give up Rick,enjoy a good ride when you can to feel good

BlueRaven
May 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray:

:hug: if i go down to the us i'll see if i have enough time off i'll go and give a hug in person.

Snake
May 9th, 2009, 06:39 PM
That would help out greatly right now.
Thank you.

Sound Wave
May 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM
so sorry to hear about you losing your job. in this economy, it can happen to any of us.

i hope everything works out for you. hopefully they will give you some sort of severance pay.

noche_caliente
May 10th, 2009, 07:56 AM
sorry to hear Rick. :hug:

What is it that you do - maybe someone on here knows of something and can help out

PitBull
May 12th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Just catching up on posts after being out of town for a few days. Really sorry to hear about the layoff. Best wiches on your job hunt!

Daeldren
June 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Just found out that the new plant I started working at about a month ago is planning on closing at the end of the year, it starts all over again. They are planning on trying to get buyers in but that doesn't mean anything really.

Snake
June 15th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear that. Looks like it's tuff all over the place.

ScorpionNinja
June 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
man that sucks hardcore for those of you in limbo atm!
these econo-times hurt for us all...but i wonder in the furture, how close or will, the world go back to the 'Barter and Trade' days? :D
No more low-middle class getting stepped on, passed by,etc... no high CEOs getting their 'un-deserving' 50 million dollar BONUS' .... hmmm:)

also no more gas powered cars... all using Hydrogen or Fusion power plants! :)

Elfling
June 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Fingers crossed, Snake :( I hope you find something even better.

Snake
June 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Fingers crossed, Snake :( I hope you find something even better.

Thank you Becca. I appreciate it.