View Full Version : Question on LED lights

pantera
May 10th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Any ideas on what color LED lights would look good on a green bike?I can't seem to decide.Maybe green?

Techno250
May 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Red? No. You'll look like a xmas ornament.
Yellow? Maybe, but if you're putting lights on the ground, might look like riding in a pool of pee.
Blue? Could look spiffy, especially with some blue graphics on the bike.
Purple? Really cool if it done right.
Magenta? If you're going for the watermelon look, could be awesome.
White? Boooooriiiiiing
Green? Monochrome always looks good.

But the best? Black! Black LEDs would be awesome! TI announced Dark-emitting diodes (http://www.answers.com/topic/ded-1)in the 70s, and I'm shocked they haven't caught on. Imagine how cool that will look!

;)

Sound Wave
May 10th, 2009, 04:23 PM
you talking about the accent lighting that shines out of the fairings? not a fan of that look, but i suppose green would look the best. techno's idea of the black light would be interesting.

Techno250
May 10th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Um, that "black led" bit was a joke. LOL.

But, near UV LEDs could be really neat. Superbrightleds.com has some UV/blacklight LEDs, but you need something fluorescent to make it look good. Is kawi green fluorescent at all?

Sound Wave
May 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
good. because i didn't like it. LOL. i just said it would be interesting.

Verus Cidere
May 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Heeey.... I like my white LEDs! :p I think they look good, and white light is more visible so it's safer at night. IMO, for a green bike, white, blue or green. Yellow would make you look like an ear of corn, red = Christmas ornament (like Woody said) and I've never liked the green/purple or green/magenta look. Just my :2cents:

tjkamper
May 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Blue is ilegal in most states. Unless it is just for show.

Green will look cool, Even though people joke about it being christmas tree. Red would look awsome. Remember at night the bike looks black no mater what color it is. By Blue bike has red LEDs check out my link (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18223).

pantera
May 11th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Nice lights.I have blue on my 900 Custom and the bike is blue also.May go with green on the ninja.Does not seem to be many places to mount lights to on the Ninja though.

Viper-Byte
May 11th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I am toying with the idea of LEDs on mine, I am just working on a place to tap into the electricity without going direct from the battery. I was thinking a relay from the lowbeam headlight. I have a green bike and am putting on green LEDs. I have found a good mounting point is under the black surrounding of the speedo, can take the fairings off without touching the LEDs and they project downwards very well from this position. I am looking for more mounting points, but other projects on the bike have taken priority.

Techno250
May 11th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Heeey.... I like my white LEDs! :p I think they look good, and white light is more visible so it's safer at night. IMO, for a green bike, white, blue or green. Yellow would make you look like an ear of corn, red = Christmas ornament (like Woody said) and I've never liked the green/purple or green/magenta look. Just my :2cents:

Big pics pls! I am willing to take it back. :D

DirtyBoy
May 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
My vote is for green. Yellow would look ok but might look like a bottle of Sprite.

SpyderGirl
May 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
GREEN is AWESOME in LEDs....