View Full Version : Ninjette.org North East Rally 6/19-21 HOTEL

BlueTyke
May 12th, 2009, 11:44 AM
(My first poll Whoot!)

Alright I started a new one because the other is getting to long and I think some people have stopped checking.

Please indicate your prefered Hotel ONLY if you are going to be needing the use of it. ALSO please indicate if you do need it how many people you need it for/if you would be interested in sharing.

I have been doing some checking around and I have found several places that would be suitable to our needs.

The first is Flower Field Motel & Cottages (http://www.flowerfieldinn.com/index.htm) .

Pro's (as I see them)
Close to the Jersey Border.
Community area W/Pool (might be good to go for a swim)
$65 a night for the motel

Con's (as I see them)
Gravel Drive
No cottages (which is fine)
No Internet
Gravel drive....

Hemlock Campground and Cottages/Cabins (http://www.hemlockcampground.com/index.htm)

(I actually called and spoke to someone at this place and she was very nice and friendly even seemed excited about having motorcycles about)

Pro's-
Paved drive/parking area (for cottages/cabins)
Camping if someone so choose to do that
Internet (Cottages or in the Rec area)
Still in the Pocono's area.
This one has Cottages or Cabins that sleep up to four (one queen size bed and also a pull out sofa sleeper)
$70 a night, She said that it would be $80 a night to sleep four.
Has openings in the cottages (These are more expensive) /cabins
Has a pool

Con's-
Farther from the Jersey border (About 2 hrs per the lady, but she said they were 40 minutes from Bethleham PA which looking at the map looks further away)
Cabins ($70/$80 a night) are basic camping cabins, aka rooms to sleep in. No attached facilities like the Cottages.
Provide your own Linens or pay $15 more.

Super 8 Motel in east Stroudsburg (no direct link)

This one is just a normal motel room stuff. No group rate (requires 15+ rooms). Rate for the weekend nights $89.99 + Tax.

Pro
Stroudsburg is near the Jersey Border.
Has internet

Con
90 bucks a night....( For a super 8 I remember when these used to be like 36 bucks! )

I called all of the reasonably indicated hotels/motels etc in the book that were in the general area and these were the best... sadly...

Leme know!

I did try the Comfort Inn in the Heart of Pocono's but not only did I get put on hold for 10+ minutes by dialing their 1800 we answer everything line... I got told to call the hotel itself (Which I did but got no answer). So I called them again and got put on hold AGAIN at which point I felt that they did not want my business.

BlueRaven
May 12th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Isnt there a bunch of campgrounds near that area? I have a 2 room tent and a small pop up tent and a 8' tent trailer but if i bring the tent trailer i may not be able to bring my bike unless i find a camper where i can put the bike in but still looking for this.

BlueTyke
May 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM
One of the hotels is actually on a campground... The Hemlock one. It has camping grounds AND cabins/cottages

Nemy
May 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hemlock looks the best but it would be two to a bed... not sure how that would work out for e-strangers :rolleyes: Flower field, on the other hand, looks like they have rooms with 3 or 4 beds each and still be fairly priced. So that's my vote.

Otherwise, has anyone seen this place?
Looks like you can rent out the whole house as a group rental?
http://www.marysjimthorpe.com/rates.htm

nmd003
May 12th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I won't be able to make it; forgot my grandparents will be here from germany. Hope you guys have fun though. Maybe I'll get to make it to something later this year.

BlueRaven
May 13th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I think i've decided to camp in my suv and bring my bike in a uhaul or rent a trailer. My suv has a fold down flat back seats that is the perfect lenght for me to put a mattress in. I will be in Mississauga the weekend before this rally so i'll just drive down from Ontario to the rally so i may be able to bring another bike in the uhaul or trailer if someone from ontario doesn't want to drive their bike down. That is if i can afford to take a whole week off it all depends on how much its gonna cost me to fix my suv.

Nemy
May 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I think i've decided to camp in my suv and bring my bike in a uhaul or rent a trailer. My suv has a fold down flat back seats that is the perfect lenght for me to put a mattress in. I will be in Mississauga the weekend before this rally so i'll just drive down from Ontario to the rally so i may be able to bring another bike in the uhaul or trailer if someone from ontario doesn't want to drive their bike down. That is if i can afford to take a whole week off it all depends on how much its gonna cost me to fix my suv.

I'll tag along when you leave 'sauga but I'll be riding down. Plus we gotta pick up Joe on the way. Anyone else from T.O. planning on going?

BlueTyke
May 14th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Hemlock looks the best but it would be two to a bed... not sure how that would work out for e-strangers :rolleyes: Flower field, on the other hand, looks like they have rooms with 3 or 4 beds each and still be fairly priced. So that's my vote.

Otherwise, has anyone seen this place?
Looks like you can rent out the whole house as a group rental?
http://www.marysjimthorpe.com/rates.htm

Jim Thorpe, though being closer to me, is farther for those coming from the north and the east.

I had thought about it but then also the chances of them still having a house at this late in the game... And there is the fact that I don't know how many people are going to be needing over night accomidations. So far it is looking like 5 people. The more there is the more of the bill that can be split.

I have been putting feelers out to some of the other boards I am on and this is what one said, if we choose the Flower Field...
The location of the motel is perfect. Look at the map on their website and you will see rte 447, this is one of my favorites, lots of turns. This will take you up towards Lake Wallenpaupack. Another road is the one where the motel is, 209 North will take you thru the PA side of the Delaware Water Gap, follow that to the Milford bridge and head in NJ, right after you cross the bride there will be Old Mine road, follow that along the river to the end, cross the bridge at the Delaware water gap and you are back in PA and close to the motel.

Let me know if these are of interest and I will send you detailed directions. Both of these rides will take about 3 hours, longer with lunch stops. If you want something longer I can do that too. Have you ever heard of the Hawk's Nest?

Hawk's Nest is a stretch of road in NY that's been used for a lot of car commercials and such. It's only about a mile long, with I don't know, maybe 8 or so decent curves during that short stretch. It's a cool place to check out, but there are also a lot of other roads around, along with the nice roads on the way there. Honestly, I've been there a couple of times, and it tends to get pretty congested in the summer, but still a cool thing to check out with your group. I enjoyed the other roads around there a little more because they weren't quite as congested as the Hawk's Nest stretch itself.

Snake
May 15th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Blue Tyke, It looks like you are a natural leader. You are doing a great job at puting this rally together.
We Libra's are good aren't we?

BlueTyke
May 15th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks Rick... I am mainly being selfish as I want to be sure to get a room (though really since Phil and I will have the truck if push comes to shove I have sleeping accomidations in that, I just prefer a bed) That and I need to get things finialized so that I am set to go because June is going to be very very busy!

UGH! 50/50 come on people! :: laughs ::

Here then... You have seen my pros and cons of the place. Sway the voters! Come on... We need to decide something so we can get the rooms...

(I like the location of Flower Field but I like the fact that Hemlock has internet so we can post up pictures/agendas/etc to our fellow ninjette.org people who are not with us because I for one will have my laptop with me :) )

c_anglada
May 15th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks Rick... I am mainly being selfish as I want to be sure to get a room (though really since Phil and I will have the truck if push comes to shove I have sleeping accomidations in that, I just prefer a bed) That and I need to get things finialized so that I am set to go because June is going to be very very busy!

UGH! 50/50 come on people! :: laughs ::

Here then... You have seen my pros and cons of the place. Sway the voters! Come on... We need to decide something so we can get the rooms...

(I like the location of Flower Field but I like the fact that Hemlock has internet so we can post up pictures/agendas/etc to our fellow ninjette.org people who are not with us because I for one will have my laptop with me :) )

wouldnt cell phones be better to use at that time and point? and we can always post the pics sunday night. thats what i plan on atleast.....447 was on my list of roads to hit.. i do know about that mine site road or what ever its called. i got lost one day and ended up on that road trying to avoid having to pay for tolls to get back into pa... it kinda reminds me of that movie wrong turn...should be fun with a bike though

BlueTyke
May 15th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Welllll yes which is why I am not really pushing one or the other. My Phone (though I don't know if it gets reception there) can access ninjette.org... It was just a thought thats all.

Not set on roads either. These are just suggestions from people on another board.

BlueTyke
May 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I think more people are leaning towards the Flower Field (from those traveling in that day) BUUUTTT I just talked to someone up there and Blue Raven would not be able to sleep in her SUV unless she was at a camp ground (She can get a heavy fine and apparently the troopers are sticklers about this). Another thing BR to consider is that it is going to be June, Summer, HOT, and you might be more comfortable sleeping in a room w/ac. Perhaps sharing with someone and splitting the cost?

Or you can see if there is a campground around the area too. (Though I was just trying to keep everyone together this is by no means manditory)

Flower Field has plenty of rooms open. (These do not include tax)
4 two/Doubles for $75 a night ($150)
1 room w/ three beds $85 ($170)
2 Singles for $65 ($130)
And one suite (two rooms, four beds ) $115. ($230)

You three others that voted, BR, Nemy and M-Oob, can get the 3 bed one and split that $170 three ways you have $57 (rounded up) for the weekend...

(I am getting a single (queen))... :D

We need to decide! Less then a month away now folks! Lets get this decided by Friday!!!! We need a tie breaker OR swayed vote!

BlueRaven
May 20th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I forgot to mention when i camp out in my suv it would be in a campground. Sorry i wasn't clear on this. I had offered the option of using my 2 room tent to anyone who wants to use it. If i recall nemy is on a tight budget but i'm flexible. Don't know if they would be comfortable to sleep in a room with a girl.

Buffalony
May 20th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'll tag along when you leave 'sauga but I'll be riding down. Plus we gotta pick up Joe on the way. Anyone else from T.O. planning on going?

:thumbup: dont forget me.

I havent voted yet because I'm flexible. I'm not picky either. I'd sleep in a tent, or just outside fire and blanket.
Scared to death of bedbugs though. If i'm in a room, dont think I'm crazy if you see me checking out the mattress first thing :D

Sorry if i'm not much help on this one. Something closer to WNY would be cool, but whatever I'm still in.

cifex
May 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM
What's on the agenda for this little meet? Think I'd be more interested in camping, myself.

BlueTyke
May 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I was just thinking about it too and we can go to Hemlock and then leave early on Sat to meet up for breakfast somewhere closer to the NJ border.... Or Chris' suggestion and meet at the Walmart in Mt. Pocono's (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pennsylvania/mount-pocono/walmart/) (Per google maps it is about 4 miles away from Hemlock)

I am thinking Hemlock will be better because it offers camping AND cabins/cottages though it is a little more pricey.

I am going to book a room/cabin at Hemlock on Friday 5/29 if the other isn't decided before then. After that choose where you may. That is where I will be (unless the vote goes the other way)

Nemy
May 26th, 2009, 07:01 PM
cmon now... 4 votes?? And two of us from 8+ hours away across the border! Who else is coming to this?!?! VOTE! NOW!!

BlueTyke
June 1st, 2009, 01:59 PM
I booked a Cabin at Hemlock. That is where I will be for that weekend. BlueRaven you might want to see about getting a camping spot here. You can park your bikes with mine and your truck/vehicle at your camp area... Up to you!

Sunny

Buffalony
June 2nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Hemlock it is.

BlueTyke
June 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
250Biker -

Since you voted are you going to join us?

The Hotel/Camping/accomidations are truely up to you. If you want to stay somewhere else you are more than welcome to do so.

Hemlock was just more accomidating for some of the members. From what I gathered as it is four or so miles from the Walmart someone suggested meeting at in the morning.

250biker
June 3rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
I'm just giving you a hard time :D. I would love to go though i think its about8 hours though. I would go if i had a buddy to come with. I'm trying to make the south east rally right now. But who knows i may make it there if i don't have anything going on. What would be really cool is if we can get a group of us south east to head on up there with you guys. Are any of you north east coming to the south east rally?

BlueTyke
June 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
I am not. Not because of lack of desire though. I just have toooo much going on this summer already. (if you want the full breakdown just ask...you may then just wonder how I live after the summer...I wonder this myself sometimes :D)

Buffalony
June 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
250Biker -

Since you voted are you going to join us?

The Hotel/Camping/accomidations are truely up to you. If you want to stay somewhere else you are more than welcome to do so.

Hemlock was just more accomidating for some of the members. From what I gathered as it is four or so miles from the Walmart someone suggested meeting at in the morning.

Can we just show up and camp there Sunny?

Nemy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
hey I'm fine camping too but I would need to share a tent with someone. I think I would barely be able to fit a sleeping bag... no way I'm getting a tent on there too. :eek:

and cmon 250biker. You're not the only one with an 8 hour drive :thumbup:

c_anglada
June 3rd, 2009, 07:59 PM

it looks like its a gated camp ground and would have to register to do so. i can stop by and ask if you would like i live not to far from there. let me know

BlueTyke
June 4th, 2009, 08:50 AM

I would get with BR and see whats up with her. Cause if you all can fit in one campsite then I don't see a problem with just showing up and splittin the $30 cost.

The other thing is that while I am not sure about a lot of people but I always used to go camping with my dad for fathers day. So in order to havea garenteed space, I would reserve it in advance.

I do know that they do not charge what ever card you use until you actually show up. It is only to hold the spot that you need a credit card. You can show up and pay cash instead.

That is all the info I know/suggest.

Nemy, sorry I don't have a tent. All that stuff got left in CA in the move.

Buffalony
June 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
hey I'm fine camping too but I would need to share a tent with someone. I think I would barely be able to fit a sleeping bag... no way I'm getting a tent on there too. :eek:

and cmon 250biker. You're not the only one with an 8 hour drive :thumbup:

Guess it'll be under the stars for us dude. Have you done any sprocket upgrades? I plan on putting a 15t on the front before we leave. I cant wait to hit PA. Some good riding down there.

Blue Raven - Me an tim might be interested in splitting the campground spot with ya. Are you still gonna sleep in ur SUV? Me an Tim might be interested in renting that tent from ya. :D

Nemy
June 6th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Guess it'll be under the stars for us dude. Have you done any sprocket upgrades? I plan on putting a 15t on the front before we leave. I cant wait to hit PA. Some good riding down there.

Blue Raven - Me an tim might be interested in splitting the campground spot with ya. Are you still gonna sleep in ur SUV? Me an Tim might be interested in renting that tent from ya. :D

+1 for the tent lol unless they're aren't any mozzies, snakes, bears or any other blood sucking thing in the campground :rolleyes:

CC Cowboy
June 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I was going to go meet up with you guys but if you're not staying at one of those places with the heart shaped beds and pools I'm going to pass.

BlueTyke
June 7th, 2009, 07:50 AM
LOL Oscar!

defently can't afford the heart shaped beds.

You know Nemy... Depending on where your meeting up with BR you only have to lug a tent that far. Then toss it in her SUV/Vehicle... Though you would have to ask her.

I can ask around I know Phil wants to get a tent but I haven't put much thought into it. I'll see if he really wants it and if we pick one up I'll bring it along. If nothing else I think we might have one of those canopy things... :D