View Full Version : Stuck in Whittier!

heroin300
September 13th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Hi, guys. I am currently stuck in Whittier, CA because my right footrest holder broke. I need this part to get home today. I already contacted one local dealer, but it would cost around a hundred just to ship today plus price of part. Does anyone know anywhere in the area that might have this part in stock? Part number is 35063-0840. Any help is appreciated!

cuong-nutz
September 13th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Ones off a 250 will work. You don't really need it.

heroin300
September 13th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I will see if any of those are available. My right footrest and rear brake lever are dangling from my bike at the moment.

EsrTek
September 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
How far of a ride are you from home?
Seen guys use sticks and zip ties to get something like your issue, back on enough to ride home.

Neither are critical to ride bike luckily...just gotta make sure you secure it to bike (so doesn't flap around in wind) and something to rest your foot on.

heroin300
September 13th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know if the 2007 ninja 650 rearsets would work?

heroin300
September 13th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Three hour ride home. I would consider doing that, but it probably wouldn't make the rear brakes anymore useful that they already are, and that's what I'm afraid of the most being on the freeway.

EsrTek
September 13th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Look at member map for area your in.. and send PM's (hopefully they will get emails), as people near you now may not be checking forums.

Tigerpaw
September 13th, 2014, 12:57 PM
If you can ride it comfortably(kinda), you don't need the rear brake.

snot
September 13th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Update?

heroin300
September 13th, 2014, 09:40 PM
UPDATE!!!: So I went to Ace and picked up two sizes of zip ties. I zip tied the HELL outta the rearset. The brakes would keep locking up for some reason, so I disconnected the brake line from the rear caliper. (Safe, right?) Said bye to my friend, and cautiously took to the freeway. The zip ties worked only enough for me to lightly rest my foot on the peg, as long as it wasn't on the exhaust. I left enough space between me and the vehicle in front of me at all times just incase I had to come to a quick stop. Your update came at the perfect time, I just walked through the door about five minutes before. Thanks for all the help, guys! You guys are awesome!