View Full Version : motorcycle racing

Racer x
May 16th, 2009, 03:48 AM
What type of motorcycle racing do most people like ?

I am a total freak for motorcycle road racing . Not illegal street racing but road racing on public roads.

I have bin to the Isle Of Mann Time Trial. it is something to see.

Today is the start of the North west 200 .A very dangerous race in Ireland .
Ireland is where they do most of this type of racing .

http://www.northwest200.org/

You have to see it to believe it.

gNxJrB_8gHk

Snake
May 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I happen to like Super Cross racing where they race on both dirt and road.

zartan
May 16th, 2009, 08:58 AM
twin flat track oval!!

komohana
May 16th, 2009, 09:10 AM
wife and i have been watching SBK, MotoGP and AMA road racing over satellite t.v. for the past 5 years, each of us latching on to favorites and watching as their careers have either grown or ebbed away.
we're excited spies and zemke have moved onto the international arenas, and we both absolutely love the 125/250 class races with plenty of races within the race itself.

Alex
May 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I tend to watch the same series, Steve. We don't miss a MotoGP race, and often watch them live at 5 AM if we obey our alarms. Hope to do it tomorrow for Le Mans. But I've become more and more interested in WSBK over the past 2 or 3 years, the racing is just great fun to watch with a little more dicing for the lead & the podium. Though the 125/250 GP classes have quite a bit of that as well.

I have watched most of the AMA stuff the past few years, but I have to say that this year's situation with the races being broadcast weeks later on Saturday night means by the time they are on I no longer have much interest; everyone already knows how the race ended up. I sure hope they get back to a live show before the series implodes.

komohana
May 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM
... but I have to say that this year's situation with the races being broadcast weeks later on Saturday night means by the time they are on I no longer have much interest; everyone already knows how the race ended up. I sure hope they get back to a live show before the series implodes.

changing the viewing format like that...after all the hype of the change of 'ownership' was/is a real dissapointment. i'm sure this has brought positive changes to the series...but whats the use if ya cant SEE these?
maybe it was just me, but i had the feeling that AMA racing coverage was a great thing for sport and series.
wife and i are crossing our fingers they pull their heads out and get with the program before there isnt any...

if it ain't broke...don't fix it!

CC Cowboy
May 16th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I've been watching Road Racing since 1982 (sometimes from on the track). I enjoy supercross and motocross also. Flat track is great (along with World of Outlaws) in person.

MotoGP and F1 are my favorites since they are the top (in my eyes ) of all forms of racing.

Broom
May 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
whats cool is watching kids that you know advance into the big leagues. Spies came from the series that i race now, and all of the Hayden's started out racing ysr's in the series here in texas were i started racing as well.

now we have a whole crew of kids coming up and showing up in the AMA. a kid by the name of ricky parker took the win this weekend at the ama event.

the World Superbike series has been some good watchign this year. its too bad that the AMA series have been screwed over by DMG (or whatever they're called), Speed Channel, and the AMA. can't even seem to catch the races on TV anymore.

Apex
May 18th, 2009, 07:18 PM
World Superbike, MotoGP, AMA roadracing series.

Anything on the road. :)

CC Cowboy
May 19th, 2009, 07:13 AM
whats cool is watching kids that you know advance into the big leagues. Spies came from the series that i race now, and all of the Hayden's started out racing ysr's in the series here in texas were i started racing as well.

now we have a whole crew of kids coming up and showing up in the AMA. a kid by the name of ricky parker took the win this weekend at the ama event.

the World Superbike series has been some good watchign this year. its too bad that the AMA series have been screwed over by DMG (or whatever they're called), Speed Channel, and the AMA. can't even seem to catch the races on TV anymore.

Don't forget about Kevin Schwantz he was a Texas kid and Freddy Spencer was a neighbor in LA. I remember when they were youngsters ( I was just a kid too).

backinthesaddleagain
May 19th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Fast Freddy on those early interceptors. What a rider. Been to every type of pro race except for supermoto (mix of dirt and asphalt) and flat track. But have seen those flat trackers on the tv pitching 3 abreast into the corner. That is some tight racing.

camaroz1985
May 19th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I have been watching WSBK and Moto GP. Moto GP is getting a bit boring, but I have loved the WSBK season so far. I am a huge Spies fan so it makes it all the better (at least half the time, the other half it has been devastating). Haven't seen Kyalami yet so I'm anxiously awaiting that to become available as a torrent. Its so hard avoiding anywhere that might have the results posted.

Broom
May 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
i downloaded the WSBK torrents from this weekend last night and have been lucky enough to not see the results yet. i should be watching them later tonight ;)

i watched the supercross races last night. kinda disappointing.

camaroz1985
May 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
PM me where you got the torrent if you don't mind. My normal site doesn't have them up yet.

Broom
May 19th, 2009, 10:41 AM
racing underground.com ... its an invite only site. i don't have any invites.

camaroz1985
May 19th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Oh well thanks anyway.

CC Cowboy
May 20th, 2009, 05:14 AM
You don't want to see either race.

The MotoGP was good though. Rossi had to change bikes three times.

camaroz1985
May 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I watched last night. Very depressing.

Broom
May 20th, 2009, 07:30 AM
i watched WSBK race 1 last night... pretty boring. hoping race 2 is a little better.

camaroz1985
May 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I only watched a couple laps of the 2nd race. The surroundings to that circuit are beautiful, especially on the back section where the houses are all right up against the track.

Syphen
May 21st, 2009, 01:41 AM
I watch MotoGP and MotoGP 250's. I also watch all of the World Supersport races. I don't watch very much superbike.. Supersport and 250 GP are great classes to watch because the bikes all hang in with each other so much! Lots of passing and action.

On a side note, did anyone catch MotoGP @ Le Mans last weekend? What a race! Kudo's to Kawi!!