View Full Version : Harbor Freight Bad Boy Horns

eddiekay
September 29th, 2014, 04:55 PM
For $39 they're a must have for urban riding and maybe 1/4 the cost of a Steibel.
I had one for 7 weeks and the relay failed.
HF swapped it no hassle...the whole horn.
This one lasted 5 days. Relay gone.
Putting a Bosch relay in tonite and we'll see.

alex.s
September 29th, 2014, 05:32 PM
:)

few people know how much the man robert bosch has contributed to the wonderful world of motor vehicles and gasoline engines. and the company is still a great quality manufacturer and innovator.

eddiekay
September 30th, 2014, 10:19 AM
tHE bOSCH RELAY WORKS, FUSE, WIRE,CONNECTS ALL AS THEY SHOULD BE.
While I wouldnt suggest all Wolo Bad Boys are defective...I've had 2 in a row that were. PITA plastic off and on 3x.
So....who can recommend me to a dependable blaster. Super-dooper loud preferred BUT if air horns are prone to failure....I ave the wires and relay in already.....I'd go for a vibrating horn.
I was particulary like a horn that doesnt beep,,,but instead synthesizes a curse word...: gaat the foooook outtaaaaa the waaaaay.

csmith12
September 30th, 2014, 11:04 AM
I sooooo want to give an achievement here.... but it's not appropriate. lol

eddiekay
September 30th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Just think...a worldwide market can be created for cuss horns...picture a Duc...vafangooooooooooooool.
a spanish horn...maracooooooooooooone
a gay horn....biiiiiiiiiiiiitch

I have nothing to do today

Qomomoko
September 30th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I Have had the Steibel for over 3 years on my Ducaity (street bike) and no problems

edit:

I first had it on my kawi for at least 2 years so long time its been good.

Road Dawg1
October 3rd, 2014, 06:45 AM
Just think...a worldwide market can be created for cuss horns...picture a Duc...vafangooooooooooooool.
a spanish horn...maracooooooooooooone
a gay horn....biiiiiiiiiiiiitch

I have nothing to do today

I'd settle for a nice, masculine 'MOVE!' Hold it long enough and get 'diptwit' a half second later.

'Make a Hole' is better, but too many wouldn't get the reference or respond appropriately.

adouglas
October 3rd, 2014, 07:31 AM
I had a Bad Boy and it worked fine. No issues.

Wish I could find room under the bodywork on the GSXR for another one. On this bike the horn is wedged between the engine and the radiator.

I wish I could figure out why the hell every bike manufacturer equips every bike with a stupid "meep meep" scooter horn. Effin' useless.

fry1024
October 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
I wish I could figure out why the hell every bike manufacturer equips every bike with a stupid "meep meep" scooter horn. Effin' useless.

/agree

I pulled my "meep meep" and put in a dual-tone from a Dodge Intrepid. Great sounding horn.

allanoue
October 3rd, 2014, 11:17 AM
I want a horn that sounds like a motorcycle so folks are looking for a motorcycle when they hear it.

If you sound like a car they will be looking for a car.
There is already to much of that happening.

fry1024
October 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
If a cager doesn't know to look for motorcycles already they sure as heck aren't going know the difference btwn a motorcycle horn and car horn. Besides most compact cars have horns that sound just like a motorcycle horn. All of which should be replaced w/ a horn that can be heard.

Klondike1020
October 5th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Post a video once they are installed. Maybe have somone hide off in the distance and video tape you scaring soccer moms and old ladies lol

Dont disappoint me ;)

eddiekay
October 7th, 2014, 07:28 PM
In fairness to Harbor Freight and the Bad Boyz....the horn was fine. First time...the relay quit. Second time our tightly crimped, nicely seated, brand spankin' new spade connector(s) were at fault. It was easier just to replace them all then track down which were not working since it was intermittent....did it in 5 minutes and the horn is working since last Friday.

ninjamunky85
October 7th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Yeah I've had no problems with mine since installation. In fact, I've been very happy to have it.

No way I'd go back to the regular horn.

Roark
October 7th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Compatible with pregen Ninjettes?