View Full Version : Where do I get all the fairing bolts/screws/hardware?

Purspeed
May 16th, 2009, 06:44 PM
My fairing bolts are in rough shape and I am looking for a nice and fresh set. Where should I get them? Do they have a kit available?

Thanks gents!

Grn99Kawi
May 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
http://www.bikebolts.com/

Purspeed
May 16th, 2009, 08:02 PM
http://www.bikebolts.com/

Thanks. Would you happen to know if these are OEM?

I need the main large black phillips head only. Let me know. :thumbup:

speedgsx98
May 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
wow, that's some pricey stuff =(. I'd prob steel wool mine if the were rusty, and paint them. Screw (haha) spending NEARLY $40 (WITH SHIPPING) on screws =)

Strider
May 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks. Would you happen to know if these are OEM?

from the FAQ :

Are these screws the same as my O.E. screws?
These kits are designed as aftermarket replacements for the original equipment.

So they aren't OEM , but they seem like a good company.
I make my own though :) it's a benefit of being a machinist

tjkamper
May 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM
When I first got my bike I lost a bolt. I went to the steelership and they charged me $1.50 for a freak'n bolt. Since then I found that a local hardware store was able to get the same bolts for $0.42 each.

Home Depot has them too, but with a different Allen wrench sized head. If you don't mind throwing an extra Allen wrench in your tool kit, then that might be an acceptable alternative at about a third of the cost and conveniently located everywhere.

Purspeed
May 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
When I first got my bike I lost a bolt. I went to the steelership and they charged me $1.50 for a freak'n bolt. Since then I found that a local hardware store was able to get the same bolts for $0.42 each.

Home Depot has them too, but with a different Allen wrench sized head. If you don't mind throwing an extra Allen wrench in your tool kit, then that might be an acceptable alternative at about a third of the cost and conveniently located everywhere.

@ Strider: Thanks.

I'll go the Home Depot route. There's also a specialty fastener location 15 minutes away. Might give them a try, too. I would much prefer allen head bolts, as the phillips is simply wrong for this application.

tjkamper
May 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
@ Strider: Thanks.

I'll go the Home Depot route. There's also a specialty fastener location 15 minutes away. Might give them a try, too. I would much prefer allen head bolts, as the phillips is simply wrong for this application.

So you know, when I found them at Home Depot they were in drawer not hung.

Grn99Kawi
May 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I picked some of those up as well for my chaingard, but I was told that they are not stainless and might rust.

I still have mostly stock bolts except for a few HD replacements..

IlBLisSlI
May 17th, 2009, 03:02 PM
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/Street.aspx

Purspeed
May 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM
So you know, when I found them at Home Depot they were in drawer not hung.

Cool, thanks for the tip.