May 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
How are shark helmets?
Does anyone have the shark s650?

thanks,
tin

Grn99Kawi
May 17th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I thought you had gotten a CLSP?
I just got one last week from newenough.com and it is awesome.

tinng321
May 17th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I thought you had gotten a CLSP?
I just got one last week from newenough.com and it is awesome.

yeah.
i got the clsp from motorcyclecloseout.com
it was big so i returned for an exchange.
they have the worst exchange/return policy.
refund is subject to $10 or 10% which ever is greater.
exchange is for store credit.
they've already received the helmet and haven't issue me store credit.
they told me it takes up to 2 weeks to process for store credit.

you got what last week? the shark or the clsp?

Grn99Kawi
May 17th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I got a CLSP. I measured my head according to HJC's site and it fit perfect.. I opted up in size as I was between a L and XL.

Won't they just give you another CLSP? The one you got was really nice from the pic you posted.. I remember you had posted a vid as well.

Viper-Byte
May 17th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I have got the S500, it is good, comfortable, good ventilation, but it could be better, quality could be better, the chin vent on mine came loose, super glue fixed that.
One of the top vent sliders has broken off, so I can't close the vent. The visor has got a film that is peeling off the inside, I think it is an anti fog thing...

tinng321
May 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I got a CLSP. I measured my head according to HJC's site and it fit perfect.. I opted up in size as I was between a L and XL.

Won't they just give you another CLSP? The one you got was really nice from the pic you posted.. I remember you had posted a vid as well.

they have to make things complicated.
they said they will issue store credit and I have to use the store credit to order the same helmet.
how stupid is that?
this is my first and last time dealing with them.

addy126
May 17th, 2009, 08:54 PM
In my collection have the Shark RSX Flag. Noted the lightest helmet in supply and is just that. Fit is great, not much in the way of street noise, venting is pretty good and the friction visor method used I enjoy far more than the usual detents in other helmets. Visor change (clear to mirrored) is easy and the visor itself 3mm thick and optical clarity is perfect. It's as tho a visor isn't there at all. Great helmet! :thumbup: Picked it up on Ebay new for 199.99.. great deal for a terrific helmet from Moto Outlet I believe but not 100% sure.

muffinman
May 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I have the top-of-the-line RSR2 - absolutely love it. Finish is off the charts, and I find it to be more comfortable than the Shoei RF-1000. Visor is very thick (3mm) .. feels substantial but downside is, they cost alot more.

The S650 and RSX are awesome helmets but I'd suggest shopping around for a RSR2.. look around and you should be able to find discounted RSR2's for the price of RSI/RSX's

addy126
May 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Ooopsss meant to include RSX's have been discontinued in 2009. Replaced by the RSR2's I believe with the introduction of RSR3's (I think). You can pick up a few RSX's online (ebay and such) but still priced out at about 300.00 and up. I was hugely lucky @ Xmas! <grin>

addy126
May 17th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hey Arthur.. I wasn't too sure about the airflow thru the top venting (jet engine & bird syndrome). Seemed like it might suck in the bugs more often rather than the RSX model venting... have you noticed anything different in this regard? I'm interested in that design difference.

Flashmonkey
May 17th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I got an RSX as well....will be looking to grab an RSR2 next year as this lid is approaching the 5 year old mark.

Outstanding build quality...especially the visor and visor changing system. I can change the visor with one hand while blowing my nose (don't ask me how I know this). The only other lid out there that comes close to the feel and build quality is Arai, and they cost twice as much.

tinng321
May 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM
so Shark>HJC?

jfauerba
May 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I also have Shark RSX Flag. Bought it last fall at motoxoutlet.com for some where around $225. Most other places were around $425 at the time. A got med. made in 10/2007 according to the inside label. I wanted the Shark RSX Eagle but every place I ordered it from, I later got a email said it was sold out. Reviews for the rsx are at:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/shark-rsx/
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/shark-rsx/review.htm
This is the first and only helmet I have. Light weight and venting (according to the review) was the main reasons I went with this helmet.
A couple of problems I have with it is that my nose just barely touches the nose guard. My forehead gets really cold when riding in the 30's above 40mph due to, I think, a front vent that can't be closed.
I rarely have problems with fogging. Sometimes I do have problems with frost in the inside of the visor when riding in the 20s below 45mph.

tinng321
May 18th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks all.

muffinman
May 19th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Hey Arthur.. I wasn't too sure about the airflow thru the top venting (jet engine & bird syndrome). Seemed like it might suck in the bugs more often rather than the RSX model venting... have you noticed anything different in this regard? I'm interested in that design difference.

Hey, nope, no issues thus far with bugs.. but I haven't done too much highway riding

The vent is larger at the top but there's a plastic "flap" underneath that only opens a few degrees to let the air in.. so while the "hole" is larger, the actual opening shouldn't let much in the way of bugs/debris thru

... and yes, tingg, Shark > HJC

addy126
May 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I also have Shark RSX Flag. Bought it last fall at motoxoutlet.com for some where around $225. Most other places were around $425 at the time. A got med. made in 10/2007 according to the inside label. I wanted the Shark RSX Eagle but every place I ordered it from, I later got a email said it was sold out. Reviews for the rsx are at:

Hey John... nice to see you here... I'm one of those Ninja250.org people.. seems far more sociable in this Ninjette.org forum <grin> Welcome!