View Full Version : Font Booster

NevadaWolf
October 8th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Hey Alex!

I just got a note about a vulnerability with older Android systems and the default Browser. The recommendation is to upgrade (duh) or change browsers. Since no upgrade is available, I'm now trying Chrome and Firefox.

Unfortunately both have an annoying Font Booster thing I can't disable that has effectively ruined Ninjette. Some posts are microscopic while others are so large they are unreadable to me.

I tried finding a solution from my end but all suggestions are coming back to needing to set a max-height on the page.

Here's the Stack Overflow explanation: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11289166/chrome-on-android-resizes-font

Anything you can do or am I stuck using the mobile version of Ninjette? :)
Posted via Mobile Device

LittleRedNinjette
October 8th, 2014, 07:24 AM
^^ that happens on my phone too.

Its funny to when you have 2 notices, one will be gigantic and the other itty bitty.

JohnnyBravo
October 8th, 2014, 08:06 AM
abME1JVF18g

CZroe
October 8th, 2014, 08:48 AM
abME1JVF18g

Not that I am proud of it or anything, but he is from Newnan and everything around here is named after him. Not sure if he still lives here but he does have lots of family around and at least visits often. The thing is, his "Little bitty hometown" ain't so "little bitty" anymore.

JohnnyBravo
October 8th, 2014, 09:03 AM
If it weren't for all the bugs I'd love GA!!!

LittleRedNinjette
October 8th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Not that I am proud of it or anything, but he is from Newnan and everything around here is named after him. Not sure if he still lives here but he does have lots of family around and at least visits often. The thing is, his "Little bitty hometown" ain't so "little bitty" anymore.

Whats not to be proud of? Alan Jackson is awesome! :D

CZroe
October 8th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Ehh, just not a country music fan and didn't think you guys would be either. :) My two closest coworkers didn't even know who he was (one older than me, one younger).

alex.s
October 8th, 2014, 09:19 AM
try dolphin browser or opera mobile

LittleRedNinjette
October 8th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Ehh, just not a country music fan and didn't think you guys would be either. :) My two closest coworkers didn't even know who he was (one older than me, one younger).

I grew up on the stuff. I branch out into lots of other music but i always come home to country. :D

Only kind i realy don't like is rap when they start talking about killing everyone's mom or something....

Alex
October 8th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I'd try what alex.s suggests. There's not much I can do on the server side. vBulletin 3.8.7 is quite a few years old at this point, and was never intended for much mobile use. The mobile skin is very basic. Those with larger/more modern tablets tend to use the full site just as they would on a laptop/desktop, so there isn't an issue there. But for small-screen older tablets/phones, we're kinda stuck. I thought that we'd be onto a more modern platform by this point, but it's not a trivial exercise. Check out my www.crf250l.org site for one built with xenforo, a somewhat more modern forum package. I have no intention of moving ninjette.org over to a new system any time soon, as the vbulletin upgrade paths appear to have become dead ends anyway.

NevadaWolf
October 8th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I'll try Dolphin or Opera and see if that's better.

I tend to use the main site and under the default browsers it looks fine and I prefer the small font size so on my phone screen it was perfect. I like Chrome on the tablet, but on the phone it whacked things beyond tolerance.

Thanks guys