View Full Version : Notification when I send a PM???

ninjamunky85
October 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I thought that this had come up before but I couldn't find the thread if it did. It's not a big deal but it's just kinda annoying.

How come when I send a PM to someone I get a notification like I've received a PM? Is there a way to get rid of that? :confused:

csmith12
October 15th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I have noticed that as well, seems inconsistent and haven't isolated it down enough to alert Alex of an issue. I get them in error on quotes too if that helps.

Ninjinsky
October 15th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I have the opposite problem which is when I send a PM there is no record of my sent message, no 'sent' folder. Once it has been sent I can never read it again to check details or whatever.

Sirref
October 15th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I thought it was only when you sent a response to a pm and quoted the old pm in the process

ninjamunky85
October 15th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I have the opposite problem which is when I send a PM there is no record of my sent message, no 'sent' folder. Once it has been sent I can never read it again to check details or whatever.

Whoa! That sucks, that's a real problem there.

ninjamunky85
October 15th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I thought it was only when you sent a response to a pm and quoted the old pm in the process

Ok I guess that explains it. Thanks

Alex
October 15th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I thought that this had come up before but I couldn't find the thread if it did. It's not a big deal but it's just kinda annoying.

How come when I send a PM to someone I get a notification like I've received a PM? Is there a way to get rid of that? :confused:

The notifications on when you are quoted are an add-on, and I don't get quoted very often in PM's so I haven't noticed any weirdness. Sirref's belief on how that works may be spot-on.

This is a setting in your options, just go to the "edit options" choice under the quick links pull-down:

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=840&pictureid=11990

Here is link to your sent folder (https://www.ninjette.org/forums/private.php?folderid=-1). (the link takes everyone to their own sent folder; it doesn't send everyone to Ninjinsky's. :))

JohnnyBravo
October 15th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Durn I wanted to see what they been sending... I know what I been sending