View Full Version : Ducati test rides

CC Cowboy
May 20th, 2009, 06:28 PM
This Friday and Saturday there is a party and test rides at Ride Now Powersports in Longwood, FL.

The new streetfighter from Ducati is available for a 10 minute frolic. If the rain stops and the weather is good I will report back with a full report.

If the weather continues to SUCK I'll be at the pub.

aloh
May 21st, 2009, 02:34 AM
oh man...i want to test ride a duc!! It would be like a dream come true...

capt_bugaloo
May 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't mind a Ducati Monster. The 696 retails here in Canada for $9,995 CN; about $8500 US.

CC Cowboy
May 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Well it's Friday afternoon at 4:20 (whatever that means). We are supposed to get 4 to 6 more inches of rain (that's on top of the 22inches we have gotten since last Sunday. If I go to Ride Powersports I'll be testing a jet ski not a motorcycle.

randomwalk101
May 22nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
i think the process is go for a test ride first then report. I think you get it a little backwards there.. :D

CC Cowboy
May 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
i think the process is go for a test ride first then report. I think you get it a little backwards there.. :D

Nobody likes a wiseguy!

Friday;

So I take the Caddy over to Ride Powersports to eat their free food and sign up for a free test ride. Can you believe they put an "ALE House" right on the way there? I stopped to have a quick beer (beers) and once I'm full of liquid courage I venture back out in the rain to my destination. To my suprise the place is packed (must be a rainy Friday night). Good thing I stopped at the pub first, they had no beer (or any liquor) for the degenerate class of enthusiasts. By the time I get there the list of test riders is too long for me to get in on it. Having consumed just enough booze to be beligerant I tell the manager that if I can't ride, NOBODY RIDES. As he trys to blow me off I produce the document to shut down the hole operation:

Ducati recalling over 1500 Streetfighter Motorcycles due to fuel problems
May 22, 2009
Source: USRiderNews Staff

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
DUCATI / 1098R 2009

DUCATI / 1198 2009

DUCATI / 1198S 2009

DUCATI / 848 2009

DUCATI / F1098 STREETFIGHTER 2010

DUCATI / F1098 STREETFIGHTER S 2010

Manufacturer: DUCATI NORTH AMERICA Mfr's Report Date: MAY 15, 2009
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V170000 N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A

Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY
Potential Number of Units Affected: 1549
Summary:
DUCATI IS RECALLING 1,549 MY 2009 1198, 1198 S, 1098 R, 848 AND MY 2010 F1098 STREETFIGHTER AND STREETFIGHTER S MOTORCYCLES. THESE MOTORCYCLES MAY EXPERIENCE FUEL LEAKAGE FROM THE FUEL LINE AT THE FUEL INJECTOR CONNECTION. THE PLASTIC FITTING BETWEEN FUEL INJECTOR AND HOSE CAN WARP OR BREAK WHICH COULD POSSIBLY RESULT IN A POTENTIAL HAZARD TO THE RIDER AND POSSIBLE DAMAGE TO THE MOTORCYCLE.
Consequence:
ANY DAMAGE TO THE FUEL LINE MAY LEAD TO AN INCREASED RISK OF FIRE OR AN UNEXPECTED LOSS OF ENGINE PERFORMANCE, THE THEREBY INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE AFFECTED INJECTOR COMPONENTS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JUNE 2009. TO LOCATE YOUR NEAREST AUTHORIZED DUCATI DEALER, YOU MAY GO TO WWW.DUCATIUSA.COM AND SELECT THE "DEALER LOCATOR" OR YOU MAY CALL TOLL FREE AT 800-231-6696.
Notes:
DUCATI RECALL NO. RCL-09-003. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

Saturday;

The streetfighter is a great bike. Being the first rider of the day the bike wasn't really warmed up (when I left). Thank god it is a nekked bike or I'd be paying for a lot of body work. It goes like a raped ape in a straight line but tends to slide out in wet corners. I recommend this bike to anyone who wants to look cool, be cool, and has a bunch of money (which is cool).