View Full Version : Nexx XR1R Motion

broilmebk
October 24th, 2014, 08:36 AM
It's what I would call the first generation; the one with the two screws on each side of the faceshield instead of the locking pins. It was dropped and then kept in storage. The drop was from like 5ft. Instead of dealing with that I just got a new one. I would have loved to get it re-certified and sold for some cash, but it's yours for whatever purpose you want. It's easier this way. If you want to try and use it I recommend you send it in to Nexx to inspect for any compromise. You just have to email them for an authorization number, return address, and pay for shipping it there.

The helmet also has some scuffs most likely due to rubbing on the wall. The helmet was bought in 2012 so it has significant wear/dirt. I guesss I could clean it up a little for you. It will also come with the clear and dark smoked faceshields. Pics of scuff, crack from drop, and super rare dust.

Pick up only. Aliso Viejo. I'd be willing to meet somewhere nearby.

Oh yea, it's XL

Ghostt
March 25th, 2015, 06:30 PM
O drop from 5ft empty is okay. Unless the shell itself is cracked.

When I helmet as been in an accident, and suffered a major impact, then it's spent. The reason is the EPS foam used for the impact protection to the head, it's compressed to absorb the force of the impact instead of your head.

A drop off the bike, etc... Is not the same.

FBR_BDavis
March 26th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Unfortunately, I think picture 3 might be the proverbial nail in the coffin for that helmet.. The outer shell looks as though it has been compromised and the foam that Ghostt mentioned is visible.. Maybe someone can use it in an off-road kart or something, though..

Ghostt
March 26th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Unfortunately, I think picture 3 might be the proverbial nail in the coffin for that helmet.. The outer shell looks as though it has been compromised and the foam that Ghostt mentioned is visible.. Maybe someone can use it in an off-road kart or something, though..

My mistake I thought that was a scratch? If a helmet cracks from just a static drop like he said, it shouldn't do that, makes me wonder how good the helmet was in the first place, I've dropped many a Fulmer helmet, never seen one crack from it.

If indeed it is cracked that bad, it's now useless for safety IMHO.

You could do something creative, like I did to an old visor.

alex.s
March 26th, 2015, 05:00 PM
makes me wonder how good the helmet was in the first place

exactly my thoughts.