View Full Version : Nitro Circus

TrueFaith
May 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Has anyone else been watching this show on MTV? It's basically Travis Pastrana and his buddies doing some of the most outrageous stunts I've ever seen, usually on rickety home-made ramps in his back yard. Racing, jumping and grabbing big air on Big Wheels and quads, riding motorcycles on lakes at rediculous speeds (until they slow down and sink), actually flying towed inflatables behind boats, Travis even jumped out of a plane without a parachute. These guys are half fearless and half crazy and it's one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen on television. I dare you to watch an episode and not fall off your chair laughing your ass off at least once. Some of the things these guys think up is just off the charts and they seem to have no regard whatsoever for the fact that what they're doing might actually be dangerous!

TheGoodLyfe
May 23rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
Wayne I with you bro that show is tha business. Its almost like jackass but more 'refined'? LOL. They have the hook ups and cash to do some insane stunts. Big ups to them for having the balls to do it! I enjoy watching every episode that's for sure

TrueFaith
May 25th, 2009, 05:11 AM
How can you not love a show that takes a brand-new $100,000 monster truck, custom paints it with Nitro Circus graphics and then immeadiately wrecks it by trying to back-flip it off a home-made ramp? The amazing thing is that Pastrana almost did it, launching 30' into the air straight up before crashing it upside down in a heap. Pastrana is a total maniac. It's not enough that he and 2 buddies base jump off the Palms hotel in Las Vegas from the top floor lounge balcony. Oh no! Later that night he decides it's a good idea to parachute out of his hotel room window. :eek: Why would anyone give this guy a hotel room with windows that actually open? Just asking for trouble.
He should really tone it down a bit though. That stunt where he and Jolene rode the motorcycle up a ramp into the Grand Canyon and then parachuted off it was a little too extreme. Bad enough that he went off the ramp a little too fast and almost hit the opposite cliff, if Pastrana's chute didn't deploy perfectly like it did or if he had the slightest pilot chute hesitation he would be history. From the video it looked like the chute inflated less than 10' before he would have impacted the ledge he landed on. I'm really a little surprised with all the crazy-assed things they do that nobody has killed themselves...yet.

TheGoodLyfe
May 25th, 2009, 06:29 AM
It is pretty itense, and that's an understatement. They have a blast and although most of their stunts are just totally out there, if I was invited I would be too tempted to pass up the chance to stare death in the eye as I barely cling on to my dear life. But of course in front of the camera there is no time to show fear so you gotta GO BIG OR GO HOME...possibly in a casket LOL!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jiu Jitsu Player
May 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I love this show too. Probably my favorite MTV show tied with Bully Beatdown. The episode where they were skimming those bikes across the pool was crazy. I wanted to try that sooooo bad. Too bad I didnt have an extra bike handy.

TrueFaith
May 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM
It is pretty itense, and that's an understatement. They have a blast and although most of their stunts are just totally out there, if I was invited I would be too tempted to pass up the chance to stare death in the eye as I barely cling on to my dear life. But of course in front of the camera there is no time to show fear so you gotta GO BIG OR GO HOME...possibly in a casket LOL!
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you just described Streetbike Tommy on the show. He's the one that's always muttering "It's either this or doing drywall for a living" as he puts on his antlers and gets pelted with paintballs during "Big Tommy Hunter". If they keep duct-taping him to skateboards and using him for a human bowling ball he's going to start missing that drywall. :p

TheGoodLyfe
May 26th, 2009, 01:41 AM
HAHAHA that guy is nuts but too funny. That episode was just plain out there haha but if one of my friends would happen to put on some antlers and prance around...I wouldn't hesitate! Still can't believe they all thought he would get any distance on the intertube up on the roof in the snow.Oh well gotta love it! Those mini bikes and drywalls...priceless. Was Streetbike Tommy the driver in the ep. where they were trying to crawl basically vertically in the off-road dune buggie and ended up flipping it!? The show never gets old

TrueFaith
May 26th, 2009, 07:26 AM
HAHAHA that guy is nuts but too funny. That episode was just plain out there haha but if one of my friends would happen to put on some antlers and prance around...I wouldn't hesitate! Still can't believe they all thought he would get any distance on the intertube up on the roof in the snow.Oh well gotta love it! Those mini bikes and drywalls...priceless. Was Streetbike Tommy the driver in the ep. where they were trying to crawl basically vertically in the off-road dune buggie and ended up flipping it!? The show never gets old

Yeah, that was Streetbike Tommy alright. Wonder why they call him that since I've never seen him ride a street bike. The guy flips a paraplegic's specially-made rock crawler and then walks away with a "sorry about your ride, man." Too much. I hope they at least gave the poor guy a ride home after they wrecked his wheels. I loved the chariot races where they painted Tommy silver for no apparent reason. Never mind using non-toxic body paint or something safe like that. Hell no! Just grab a can of Rustoleum and tell him to hold his breath! Didn't these guys ever see what happened to the girl that got painted in "Goldfinger"? :rolleyes:

DirtyBoy
May 28th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, that was Streetbike Tommy alright. Wonder why they call him that since I've never seen him ride a street bike. The guy flips a paraplegic's specially-made rock crawler and then walks away with a "sorry about your ride, man." Too much. I hope they at least gave the poor guy a ride home after they wrecked his wheels. I loved the chariot races where they painted Tommy silver for no apparent reason. Never mind using non-toxic body paint or something safe like that. Hell no! Just grab a can of Rustoleum and tell him to hold his breath! Didn't these guys ever see what happened to the girl that got painted in "Goldfinger"? :rolleyes: If you watch the first episode it shows an old clip of him attempting to do a backflip on a streetbike in Pastana's foam pit. The only problem was that he went too fast and went at least 30ft in the air and landed outside of the foam pit. And to add insult to injury, it looked like the bike may have landed on him (can't tell from the angle of the camera).

TrueFaith
May 28th, 2009, 06:39 AM
If you watch the first episode it shows an old clip of him attempting to do a backflip on a streetbike in Pastana's foam pit. The only problem was that he went too fast and went at least 30ft in the air and landed outside of the foam pit. And to add insult to injury, it looked like the bike may have landed on him (can't tell from the angle of the camera).

Yeah, I remember that one. It wasn't as bad as the guy who went flying off to the right of the foam pit and bounced off the front end loader. Now that was scary to watch. I thought he was dead after watching that. The things these guys do are so wild the clips are starting to show up on those "Amazing Video" type shows. Looks like Pastrana has a nice little franchise going to help support his M/C career...if he lives long enough, that is. :rolleyes: