View Full Version : Trip Lessons

headshrink
May 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
A picture really says it better than I can (cleaner language).
:mad:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=1580

Angel-be-Good
May 24th, 2009, 03:16 PM
My bike has nearly touched down three times, all because I forgot to put down the kickstand.

BlueTyke
May 24th, 2009, 03:24 PM
OMG! I am so sorry! :eek:

kazam58
May 24th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I'm sorry to see that. The same thing happened me a few days ago by dropping it in the garage (yep, forgot the kickstand when taking it off the rear stand). However, I was just able to take the lens piece and put it right back since the bulb was intact. Yours looks fine as well.

Snake
May 24th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Wow sorry to see that. I'm sure you were cussing up a storm. I know I would be.

BlueTyke
May 24th, 2009, 06:09 PM
here is a thought...

Thank Heavens for saddlebags! It could have been worse... Right? :D

Sailariel
May 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I remember back in 1966, a group of us were returning to Syracuse, NY from Laconia NH. After a week of heavy partying, I was dog tired. Was riding a Triumph 650. Anyway, I stopped for a light and forgot to put my feet down. The bike was unscathed, but I ended up with a hellacious burn on my right calf. I call it my Triumph Tatoo.

headshrink
May 24th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Yes, the bags certainly didn't hurt, and fortunately the bulb still works too. I was able to get the lens back on, but it isn't sealed anymore... so I'll have to replace it before winter.

This is the second time for me, although the first time due to a, shall we say, "misaligned" kickstand. The first time was backing out of my driveway, went crooked on the hill (and in a hurry), and gently set it down. I needed help to pick that one up. Fortunately the ground was level this time and it came up much easier than I expected, and since it wasn't the first time I saw a fuel spill and had a flooded engine, I knew what to do this time.

The real fortunate thing (other than not REALLY going down) is that I didn't bend my shift pedal, like I did the first time. I couldn't shift then and had to bend it back in a vise.... that would have been an issue today on top of the mountain. So - I discovered a new use for saddlebags today, other than braking bone-head falls. Next time I am going to throw in my spare shift pedal... just in case.

Stella
May 24th, 2009, 11:11 PM
:(:(

and..how much does it cost there?

headshrink
May 24th, 2009, 11:29 PM
:(:(

and..how much does it cost there?

$26.97 plus shipping from CheapCycleParts.

or ebay I supose.

There is a right one one ebay right now (I need left), but aren't they exactly the same??? The part number is different for R & L, but I don't know if they just do that to screw with us.

tjkamper
May 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Glad this hasn't happened to me...(NOCK ON WOOD)

kazam58
May 27th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Yes, the bags certainly didn't hurt, and fortunately the bulb still works too. I was able to get the lens back on, but it isn't sealed anymore... so I'll have to replace it before winter.

Bah, just put some Shoo-goo around the edges.

cifex
May 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Are those the cortech bags? How do they fit with the tail signals?

headshrink
May 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Yes it is. It is tight - I put it all the way back against the signals. I would like it back a [little] further. We shall see how the integrated taillight comes along for that. The front strap covers the key hole (at least the way I have it adjusted). It is still brand new, so I am working out the kinks. So far so good.... just worried about that pipe, but the heat barrier is really good (ask me how I know).

BTW: I just put electrical tape around my broken front lens to water proof it.... now it is sexy as ever! I might take my yellow electrical tape and add pin stripes!

adouglas
May 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Anyway, I stopped for a light and forgot to put my feet down.

Now THAT had to have been one epic hangover.....

:D:ashamed20::cheers::clapping::confused10::confused30:

backinthesaddleagain
May 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I remember back in 1966, a group of us were returning to Syracuse, NY from Laconia NH. After a week of heavy partying, I was dog tired. Was riding a Triumph 650. Anyway, I stopped for a light and forgot to put my feet down. The bike was unscathed, but I ended up with a hellacious burn on my right calf. I call it my Triumph Tatoo.

Laconia - what a party. Did you catch the syracuse mile races? Never been but looked cool.