View Full Version : ninjette.org Arcade

Alex
May 24th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I had a hunch that some of you may have a little too much free time, and I figured I was just the guy to help. Sure the latest and greatest game machines are pretty incredible. But sometimes you need a simple, basic, almost primitive game to get your mojo grooving again. And now you have over 150 of them at your fingertips. :D

Check out the Arcade link either in the Community menu, or the direct link down in the Forum Info section of the main forums page. (here's a direct link as well (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/arcade.php)) All of the games can be played within the existing window or in their own window. I prefer running them in their own window as you can make them full-screen. Make sure to save your high scores, and if yours happens to be bested by another forum member, you'll get an immediate PM to let you know to come back and clobber them right back. :thumbup:

I've tested most of the games, but if you do run into any problems please post up in this thread if you see any issues that you'd like me to take a look at. Some of my favorite games are James Bomb, Balloon Bomber, Bubble Trouble, KickUps, Meat Grill, Mosquito Kill, and SnakeMan. Happy time wasting! :p

Snake
May 24th, 2009, 11:03 PM
The games are great and of course my favorite one is Snakeman.

TnNinjaGirl
May 25th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Judging by the scores, Alex is the one with the free time issues. ;)

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
:) I need to test each game, don't I? Heck, it's either that or nap. :sleep:

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Looks like the battle is on. Sombo - how the heck did you get that score on Defend your Castle?

sombo
May 25th, 2009, 03:20 PM
With patience.

Mista Bob
May 25th, 2009, 07:05 PM
2nd place may as well be the 'first' place, as no one is gonna beat Alex. :p
Guess that makes me 'first'! :D

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't be so sure of my invincibility. Most of my high scores are just playing the game for 30 seconds to see if it works and saving the score. I have a feeling folks will be catching up sooner than you think...

Mista Bob
May 25th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Some of the games nothing shows up for me in the area where the game normally would be. :confused:
I'm using firefox, I have all the various plug ins installed so they should all work...

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Post up the names of any games that aren't working for you; I think I've gone through each one at this point and I deleted the ones that I couldn't get working for me. Are you running them within the same window or are you clicking the "play in new window" link?

Mista Bob
May 25th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Same window, just tried the new window on one that wasn't working before (Jacks Bar) and it works.

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 10:41 PM
There are 2 different ranks for the Arcade section. The first one is the obvious one, who has the most high scores. The top 3 users are listed right on the main arcade page. The other ranking is the League Scoring. Here's a link (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=league) to the leaderboard. The current table scoring is:

1st: 20 points
2nd: 10 points
3rd: 8 points
4th: 7 points
5th: 6 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 4 points
8th: 3 points
9th: 2 points
10th: 1 point

Only your best score counts for each game.

Kurosaki
May 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I'm going to get the high snakeman score before I go to sleep.

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
It's pretty out of reach for me at this point, good luck!

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I'm going to get the high snakeman score before I go to sleep.

A man of his word. :clapping: It's going to take quite an effort for someone to grab it back at this point.

I did have to snag that Donkey Kong score from you though. ;)

Kurosaki
May 25th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I have it.

Win!

Kurosaki
May 25th, 2009, 11:21 PM
oh now I'm gonna have to donkey kong your ass!

Alex
May 25th, 2009, 11:22 PM
So, would you say, that it's now *on*, like Donkey Kong? Or would that be too cliche... :rotflmao:

Kurosaki
May 26th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I would say it's on like donkey kong, but it's already over. :D

I also claimed the asteroids high score tonight.

I will conquer more games tomorrow.

Snake
May 26th, 2009, 03:38 AM
The battle begins.

Kurosaki
May 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Classic Asteroids belongs to me.

Alex
May 26th, 2009, 10:35 AM
But what about snakeman? ;)

Kurosaki
May 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Pff. 2600 is too good for me.

Alex
May 26th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I agree! I never would have thought 2200 was possible, frankly. 2600 is out of this world.

Kurosaki
May 26th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I'm content with my 49,000 asteroids score. :)

Alex
May 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I was pretty confident that this feature would get some use, and so far that's certainly the case. It's only been up a few days, and people have already played 1,969 games. And no, they aren't all me. (though 300ish of them are). :)

Kurosaki
May 28th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Anybody gonna try to take me down at asteroids?

Alex
May 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Not me, Kuro. But just like that, someone has eclipsed my # of highscores! :( I'm still on top of the leaderboard due to having more top 10 scores in total, but I have a feeling that's only temporary as well..

00v_Lucky
May 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
these games make me rage!!! argh

Alex
May 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I just changed the default sort order of the games in the arcade. They are now ordered by the number of times they each have been played, in ascending order. This puts the games that have only been played once at the top. Prior, the games starting with A & B were being played way more than the others, as they showed up on the first page.

You can also change it yourself to whatever sort order you'd prefer to see, just hit the settings link within the arcade screen.

IlBLisSlI
May 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
hey alex can you tell me what the heck i'm supposed to do with this tournament? i don't really know what game i'm supposed to be playing. Thanks :)

tjkamper
May 29th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm finally KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!

Alex
May 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
hey alex can you tell me what the heck i'm supposed to do with this tournament? i don't really know what game i'm supposed to be playing. Thanks :)

Looks like you figured it out. :thumbup: I just got myself eliminated from that tournament.

I'm finally KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!

Yes you are! :clapping: But I'm still on top of the Leaderboard (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=league) for the moment...

travis5018
May 30th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Im just letting everyone know, I will demolish everyone now that I know this exists

IlBLisSlI
May 30th, 2009, 03:33 PM
good luck travis, its lots of fun :)

Alex
June 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
And it looks like it's all over! :( I'm off the top of the heap in high scores as well as the leaderboard. Good work, TJ! :thumbup:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=1657

tjkamper
June 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Alex,

That's what happens when I sit in my office all day and don't have much to do between doing performance reviews for my associates. (Ain't Middle Management Boring!)

Kurosaki
June 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'll be taking back my space invaders high score when I get home from work.

Alex
June 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
That's what happens when I sit in my office all day and don't have much to do between doing performance reviews for my associates.

Where do "Flash-based arcade skills" fit on the performance review your boss is doing for you? :D

I'll be taking back my space invaders high score when I get home from work.

Taking it isn't the issue. Keeping it, now that seems to be the trick. :p

Racer x
June 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I played the drag racing game for a couple hours . the Best I got was 8 something the # 1 is a 1.0 I don't think you can run a 1.0 in a time machine. :thumbup:
Lots of fun

Alex
June 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Eric - You have the new high score on that game with your 9.30. The 1.0 couldn't have been legitimate so I deleted it. Lemme know if anyone sees any other crazy scores that simply aren't possible and I'll take a look.

Kurosaki
June 5th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Eric - You have the new high score on that game with your 9.30. The 1.0 couldn't have been legitimate so I deleted it.

LOL. hater:D

Alex
June 5th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Space Invaders score still seems safe! :)

3600+ games have been played by all of us so far! :thumbup:

Racer x
June 7th, 2009, 05:22 AM
LOL. hater:D
Lets run em .:D

Kurosaki
June 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Space Invaders score still seems safe! :)

That's because I haven't tried to take it back again.

But I will

Blue Monkey
June 8th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I rule at space invaders that high score is all mine. Don't even think about taking it back, never!!!!!!!

Kurosaki
June 8th, 2009, 02:48 PM
We'll see

Alex
June 23rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
So this is getting some use. :thumbup: 8300 games played so far. :eek: Wonder if we can hit 10,000 before the weekend...

Anyone up for that Mars Patrol tournament? I started it awhile back, but it's been pretty lonely with nobody else joining it...

Kurosaki
June 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Still haven't gotten around to getting my space invaders score back...

Enjoy the score while it lasts.

Blue Monkey
June 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
It is gonna last foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Alex
June 26th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Yay us, 10,042 games played as of a minute ago. :)

Alex
July 7th, 2009, 10:25 PM
And we're well over 12,000 games played! :eek:

I had to make a change to the way high scores are saved, the tables were getting larger than I had expected. Going forward, only a users single highest score will be saved per game. Nobody's personal high score on any game is being deleted now, it's just that only the highest one stays. (the one exception is if it is a heavily played game that already has 10 other separate users with higher scores than you, then your score may be wiped as it's not in the top 10 / points paying position anyway. This is rare and only applicable to a handful of games like Snakeman, QB Challenge, and perhaps just a few more). This is a manual process that will take a little bit of time, but if you see that a score isn't being saved, that's only because you already have a higher score saved for that game. What this means is that each game will have 10 different users in the top 10 high score listing.

Kurosaki
July 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Still haven't gotten around to getting my space invaders score back...

Enjoy the score while it lasts.

Still have not done so.

I am lazy...

Maybe tonight.

Alex
August 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Sorry folks - had to take the ninjette.org arcade offline today, hopefully only temporarily. Significant security exploit was found that could compromise the site, and the developer hasn't released a patch as of yet. Once one is released and I can update the code, I'll re-enable the arcade. No ETA on this as nobody has yet provided one, but I hope this won't be an extended problem.

CThunder-blue
August 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
It's ok. We're too busy being postwhores :)

alex.s
August 29th, 2011, 05:10 PM
But but... i just got a top score on the speed memory game! /cry

Live2ride
August 29th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Damn, I just saw this thread and was thinking to myself "hmm, that sounds like a fun thing to do; I'll go play some games" :(.

2WheelGuy
August 29th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Probably a good thing. I've been addicted to that stupid Mahjong Connect game.

Cuongism
August 30th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Haha, just saw this thread and thought "what a cool addition." Read a few posts and was all planning to get a top score before I realize when the thread started :(

BTW Craig, where have you been with the daily de-motivationals?? I'm being way too inspired lately!

Alex
August 30th, 2011, 06:52 AM
OK - all better. They released the security update, and I've installed it on our site. The arcade is back up and running. :thumbup:

Probably a good thing. I've been addicted to that stupid Mahjong Connect game.

You can immediately resume that addiction. At your leisure, of course. :D

azimmer11
August 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM
i didn't even know about the arcade until i read this

setasai
September 28th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Anyway we can get a tower defense game? I've been addicted to it for a while now. That'd be awesome!

alex.s
September 28th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't leave the arcade if there was a TD.

Alex
September 29th, 2011, 05:08 AM
OK - I've added a few Tower Defense games:

Artillery Tower
Bloons Tower Defense Updated
Castle Defender
Desktop TD 1.5 (the classic)
Desolate Defense
Ninjas vs Pirates TD Medium
Onslaught 2.2
Shock Defence
Smilie TD Map 1 Normal
Smilie TD Map 2 Normal
Smilie TD Map 4 Normal
The Battle - Normal
Tower Defence War
Turret Tower Attack 2
Village Defense - Map 1

Desktop TD is the classic one, but some of the others look fun as well. If you see anything weird with scores, the game not working, or anything else, just let me know & I'll either try and fix it or disable the broken game. Enjoy!

setasai
September 29th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Sweet. Let the time wasting begin!!!

Alex
September 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Really liking Artillery Tower! Great way to relieve a whole bunch of unneeded aggression. :)

Alex
September 29th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Also check out Virus 2 and Virus 3, another two fun games I just loaded. If there are any other game requests, let me know.

setasai
September 29th, 2011, 08:32 PM
What requirements do the game need to be? Flash only or specifically scripted for this forum?

I only ask because this tower defense game has me addicted for the last week or so.
http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Defense/Bloons-Tower-Defense-3.html

alex.s
September 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
any way we can make games for the arcade without having to have them be "ported" by the v3 arcade guy?

Alex
September 29th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I added Bloons Tower Defense 2, I can't find version 3 as a download. The games need to be in either IBProArcade or v3Arcade format. Here's a great place to find most of the available IBP games:

http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php?autocom=arcade

If you see the game there, I can get it here.

Alex
September 29th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I also just added a number of motorcycle-themed games. :thumbup:

(along with Craps!)

123 GO
Arkadium Roulette
Baccarat New Version
Bike Mania
Bike Mania 2
Bloons 2
Bloons Tower Defense 2 Easy Updated
Circuit Rider
Craps
Doom Rider
Even More Bloons
Gig Racer
Nuclear Bike
Police Bike
Rat Shot
Stunt Dirt Bike
Turbo Spirit
Virus 2
Virus 3

Alex
October 1st, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm considering having the high scores in the arcade age out after 1 year. It seems like they are all so high, that nobody plays them much anymore, and there isn't much incentive left. If I did this, I would change it so all your scores are saved, not just the highest one, so if a higher one aged out you would still have the older ones.

What do people think?

sombo
October 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Works for me.

Alex
October 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I have updated the scoring system (details in this thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87328)), and added another 10 or 12 new games. :thumbup:

Alex
February 23rd, 2012, 06:01 AM
Sorry all - had to disable the Arcade this morning due to a security exploit found. Will re-enable as soon as the developer releases a fix, hopefully in hours/days and not longer.

2WheelGuy
February 23rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
I need my fix of Mahjong Connect.

Alex
February 24th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I'm missing "Onslaught".

choneofakind
February 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I need my fix of Mahjong Connect.

I'm missing "Onslaught".

Google Chrome has an app store that has all the classics and plenty of fun new games. They install right on your browser :)

Alex
February 27th, 2012, 10:54 PM
The Arcade has been patched, and is operational once again. Happy time wasting! :)

Trailerboy531
February 27th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I was never any good at these games...

or motorcycle riding.

Hm... oh well!

Alex
June 23rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.pinballzone.com/forums/Mario_Bump.gif

Kurosaki
June 28th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I remember when I had a lot of high scores in this place...

Alex
February 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM
Bumparino.

Kurosaki
February 3rd, 2013, 04:20 PM
One of these days I'm gonna get some of my high scores back...

Alex
February 4th, 2013, 07:25 AM
One of these days I'm gonna get some of my high scores back...

Bring it. :thumbup:

Alex
March 21st, 2013, 09:12 AM
I'm seeing that some games aren't successfully saving scores. Post up here if you run into this, and I can try and work on that individual game.

Alex
August 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
deeno415 is cleaning up the leaderboard!

deeno415
August 2nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
deeno415 is cleaning up the leaderboard!

I guess I had a little spare time recovering from my hit & run... :first:

BlueRaven
August 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I'm addicted to Mahjong Connect. I found that it won't always go to the second level I'll get the next level button hidding behind the screen as if i ran out of time. Have yet to figure out how to get past the second level :banghead:

Snake
August 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM
All I have is an iPad so I can't play the ninjette arcade games and that sucks. :(

BlueRaven
August 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
All I have is an iPad so I can't play the ninjette arcade games and that sucks. :(

Maybe i need to buy you a "real" tablet :D

Snake
August 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Maybe i need to buy you a "real" tablet :D

Lol, yea my birthday is coming up. ;)

Bob2010
August 5th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I noticed I'm at a huge disadvantage using my laptop with a touchpad versus my desktop with a mouse....

Thanks for bumping this thread. I never noticed the arcade before. Love it!

deeno415
August 6th, 2013, 03:33 AM
I noticed I'm at a huge disadvantage using my laptop with a touchpad versus my desktop with a mouse....

Thanks for bumping this thread. I never noticed the arcade before. Love it!

I wish I was using a mouse! I've been touchpading on my laptop (I guess I might have too much time on my hands! Need to go riding more!) :D

Bob2010
August 6th, 2013, 02:13 PM
:mad: "This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved":mad:

Alex
August 6th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Which game? I know there are a few that have started misbehaving. Unfortunately there's not much I can do to fix them other than delete those particular games.

Bob2010
August 6th, 2013, 03:42 PM
hmmm
1 was trafficator and the other was candy tetris - those you cant submit your score ever

But I know what you mean, other games sometimes glitch , but 99% of the time work

I cant begin to tell you how much I love this What a great idea :thumbup:

Bob2010
August 8th, 2013, 06:36 PM
haha I quit too many PMs about Deeno beating me

Jaife86
August 8th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Which game? I know there are a few that have started misbehaving. Unfortunately there's not much I can do to fix them other than delete those particular games.

I have found that if I get a score, then hit back to try again it never submits the second score. So I have to refresh the page before my second and subsequent attempts. Also yes, too many Deeno PMs :p

deeno415
August 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM

I have found that if I get a score, then hit back to try again it never submits the second score. So I have to refresh the page before my second and subsequent attempts. Also yes, too many Deeno PMs :p

:first:Oh yeah! Bow down! :bow:

LoL!

Alex
September 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-NrsKfTW/0/X2/i-NrsKfTW-X2.gif

:)

deeno415
September 9th, 2013, 01:07 PM
U MAD BRO?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/dvsone1/Outraged.gif (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/dvsone1/media/Outraged.gif.html)

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::allhail:

Bob2010
September 9th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Lmfao! :faint:

deeno415
September 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Aaaaaaeeeeeeyy! http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/dvsone1/Fonz.gif (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/dvsone1/media/Fonz.gif.html)

Oh yeah!

deeno415
September 18th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'm starting to not like this message:

This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved.

:pout::pout::pout::pout:

Alex
September 18th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Which game?

deeno415
September 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Alex: All of them (but I blame that on poor network connections). I tend to just refresh after every game...

I did however get a perfect score on the parachute game, and afterwards it prompted to 'play again?' and never recorded my score.

All good though! I have broilmebk beating my scores right now... I'll have to head back to the arcade! ;)

broilmebk
September 18th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Lol. I totally forgot highscores get erased/reset after a year or whatever. Just trying to get my name back on the boards.

Alex
December 26th, 2013, 03:11 AM
JustRidin is making an impressive march up the leaderboard (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=league).

JustRidin
December 27th, 2013, 07:26 PM
JustRidin is making an impressive march up the leaderboard (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&module=league).

Aww yeah, though I don't think I hold a candle to deeno415 or broilmebk!

qicko
July 6th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Hi, there is no arcade anymore ?

Alex
July 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Should be right here:

http://arcade.ninjette.org

Alex
December 18th, 2020, 02:36 AM
It looks like it's going to be an end of an era this month. Flash is officially dead, and most browsers and players will no longer enable it. That effectively means the end of the road for the ninjette arcade. It had a good run, and I wasted many hours over the years playing these silly games about 10 years back - but time moves on for all of us. For folks that really want to stay connected to old flash files, there are a few options that some sites have laid out here:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/flash-player-in-chrome-is-dead-in-2020-how-to-play-flash-files/

More info on the flash end-of-life:

https://thenextweb.com/apps/2020/12/10/adobe-flash-is-going-away-for-real-this-month/

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

BlueRaven
January 30th, 2021, 07:14 PM
RIP Arcade...how I miss playing mahjong :(

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms :fishswim: