View Full Version : Michigan: Detroit-Metro Riders!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ScorpionNinja
May 25th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hello dave here, im gonna Post Bike Nights around my Area for those near me for this summer that ive been too, perhaps you can leave a msg and well met up?

* Also, post if you guys nearby would like too set up a Date/Time/Route for a Trip! as im Edger too ride some Long trips with some ppl and make new friends! *

~ Tues' @ Rosie'Ogradys in Chesterfield,Mi. (23mile/sass)
(WRIF 101.1 will be there, live bands, stunt riders, free food,etc!>
I went May 19th and it was pretty Cool, ill be going every Tues)

~ Tues' @ Hamlin Pub in Chesterfield,Mi. (23mile/gratiot -next to MJR movies)
(They have a DYNOTESTER, anyone can hook up for FREE and test your HP :)
the foods pretty good, Lovely Ladies that work there :D and this is a Sportbike hang out.)

~ WED's @ Angry Bull in Port Huron, Mi. (Lapeer rd./wadhams)
(WRIF101.1 is there Live Bands, Ticket giveaways,burnout pit,etc)

~ Thur's @ Downtown Royal Oak, Mi. (Main st/4th st.)
(Lots of bikers downtown along the strip! Varies types of bikes, 50/50 HD & sportbikers. A bunch of places too Eat at,etc! Good times!

~ Fri's @ Gibaltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens, Mi. (I-94 Exit #238)
(Live band, 4pm-7pm Happy hour, $2 drinks (Dont drink and Ride!), Stunt Riders, burnout pit, Dynotester,etc!
TONS of ppl and Bikes! Mostly Cruiser,HD,Touring bike hangout)

ScorpionNinja
May 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Grrr damnit, i just checked the Weather, and their Calling for RAIN ...

Tues May 26th 50% chance (looks like Rosie's might be a no go!) :(

Wed. May 27th 100% chance

Thurs. 30% chance

Fri. (heh if it dont Rain thurs, ill bet it will Fri)

damnit stupid weather! now im bummed! :(

ScorpionNinja
June 6th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Well i was @ Gibaltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens lastnite, and MAN there was at LEAST 1,000 bikes there! of all them, i think me and 7 others were the Only SPORTBIKEs there! ROFL

Next time i go on Fri-nite, i have too have my Dad met me up there, hell Love all the HD, Cruiser, Roadster type Bikes that were up there! :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
June 6th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Oh i forgot too add, that our local radio station the WRIF 101.1

Will be doing Bike Nights @ ANGRY BULL in Port Huron, Every Wedesday
started June 3rd.

from my house, its a Nice long ride... if anything in case the turn out is Lame or Sucks! Ill let you know

Later

UAV
June 6th, 2009, 08:43 AM
sounds sweet. I need to get a bike first...

ScorpionNinja
June 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
sounds sweet. I need to get a bike first...

Heh, hello Tom!

No motorcycle yet? will it be your first one? you thinking of getting a Ninja 250R?
K&W cycle in shelby twp. (auburn rd. & ryan corner) I saw Sat morning... (was dropping my Ninja off for service)
Had 3x 2009 ninja 250Rs, Red,Black,BLue ones on the floor! I dunno if their already sold or Not. Another place you could Try checking (for a 2009 Ninja 250R) is Macomb Powersports in chesterfield mi. Hall rd/ Gratiot

Good luck and welcome!

UAV
June 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Yea this will be my first and yes I've been looking at the 250 because of it's cost and mpg. I might get on an older model because I've heard they have a bit more pluck.

Heh, I've checked both very recently. Macomb PowerSports doesn't have any more in stock. They're also full of commission hungry salespeople that they started telling me just about anything I wanted to hear just to get me on any bike. Screw them.

K&W wants an arm and a leg after the dealer fees and taxes. They quoted me $4,753 OTD for a new 09. No thanks.

I've been stalking craigslist and local bike forums every day though looking for deals. Nothing so far.

Bike nights - Try Hamlin Pub in Chesterfield on Tuesday nights. I've seen tons of sport bikes out there. There's also a massive ride planned from 25 & Romeo Planck on Saturday (the 13th) up to the Hooters in Flint. I forget who is hosting it but a friend told me about it today.

ScorpionNinja
June 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM
oh ok, hamlions pub on TUES!!! i thought it was WED nites! Cool ill have to stop by there and check it out! (co-worker told me its pretty cool):)

Yea, i could have shopped around for a used 08 or new 08-09, but March 09 came, and i just wanted too make sure i had a depo down on a new 09!

Now im keeping my Ninja 250 for as long as id like, but i do want too buy a New bike in the future, and well see 3-4 yrs from now, but im Leaning on a ZX-6R Ninja! Once i am on the market to buy one of those, ill make sure i Hold off for the BEST DEAL i find! $10,000 bike isnt too cheap for me! heh
(unless i hit the Lotto later) hahaa :)

Good luck finding your Ninja man!

UAV
June 9th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks. Hopefully I'll make it out sometime to Hamlins in the near future. (def not tonight though)

ScorpionNinja
July 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
Well... so far ive yet to met and greet any Local Ninjettes near me. Though Matt aka Rage42, PM me the other nite, and we've chatted about meeting up for a Ride soon. Well im in the 15mile/gratiot area, hes in Waterford... so im thinking THIS SUNDAY July 5, if Matt can make it, then the 2 of us looking for more Local pplz!

Post here.

Time isnt set yet, waiting for Matt to PM me back, but this SUN morning, after work im staying after for afew Hours. Im gonna change and Switch out the Oil for Rotella 5w40 w/ WIX filter #24941 (with the 2 o-rings). While the oils draining for 45+ mins (to get ALL that old Dino oil out...) ill be putting on my RED RIM STRIPEs, i hope all goes well. lol :thumbup:

After im all done fartin' round with my Ninja, and get home and chill/eat, then ill be Ready for a Ride!!!

See you guys soon!

sugarbear
July 8th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hi, Dave.

Just checking in on ya. I saw your post about a Detroit Area Ninja Meet on July 6th a day late :(
I live in Roseville and have a blue 2009 Ninja 250. I think it might be great to set up a mini Ninjette Rally, maybe have some local 250 riders meet at Rosie O'Grady's on a Tuesday night. Or Hamlin's Pub...
I know there are more Michigan riders out there!!!
Let's get something going soon!

Carol

ScorpionNinja
July 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Aye hello Carol. I dont know of any other motorcyclist, Matts the only dude that ive gotten to go for a cruise with so far! Yea, for those ppl seriously interested in a weekly or bi-weekly mini-ninja met/cruise. plz post here or PM me if you want. (or Rage42, Matt) :thumbup:

hell even if you know someone that Doesnt ride a 250R, any motorcycle would be fine by me! a nice starter Pack of 6 ppl would be cool for some weekend, bi-weekend Rides around here! Im insterested in a "Sat-morning we Leave, hang out and get back Sun-nite" ride out to Traversecity , Mi.

I havent been up there since i was age 5. (age 32 now) and my Boss told me sumin' about some really Cool roads up near there Great for Riding. Ill ask him if he knows what road/city/town he was talking about, and ill post it here as a UPDATE* Ok off to bed guys, later!

ScorpionNinja
July 13th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Ok well it looks like, Me, Rage42, Sugarbear will be meeting up at Rosie'o gradys this Tues. July 14th! 630-7pm. The weather looks to be nice, so see you guys up there! (rage & sugar are bringing along afew other motorcyclist of theirs) Im looking forward to it! :thumbup:

Its suppose to RAIN this WED. 15th. so unless the weather fools are WRONG (50/50 chance) then i Wont be going up to Angry Bulls this WED. (ill post a update if i look at the weather radar, and decide **** it, im going!):D

ttyl
-dave

ScorpionNinja
July 15th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Well once i fart around with my Bike and get things back to Feeling Right on it, ill be going out for a nice Long ride to 'Boldly go where no Ninja 250 has Gone before!". Well you get the idea :) Matt mentioned to me about him showing me that cool Road in Holly,Mi. Carol might come with afew of her buddies, if i ask her and shes not busy! (prefer ya on your Blue Ninja Carol) :p

So, its not set in Stone yet, but Me, Matt (and 1 friend of his), Carol (and maybe 2 friends of hers) could be a Nice met, greet and Cruise this weekend! (if weather lets us) :D

So anyother local ppl here got a 250R, or Any Motorcycle? (maybe you sold yours and have a 600/bigger now)

See you guys Soon, Later! :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
July 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
WANNA GO TO HELL??? .............. Michigan!

Rage and i, plan on going to HELL... and Back!

Next weekend Sat or Sun (whatever day the weather is BEST)

Meeting along I-696 due South of Waterford,Mi. (Gas station,etc)

Time: 1130am-12 noon. then once all is there (head count, phones calls made,etc) will Leave to GO TO HELL!!!

So far, its just gonna be a nice met and greet, hang in HELL for 1-2 Hours... take some cool PICs, met the Local Chicks ( pop. 352?) :eek:

Then well go cruise around outskirts of HELL for a bit... met back IN HELL, then once all ready... head home in a Safe manner!

If you wanna come, PM me, Rage42, or Sugarbear.

Ill try and update this thread as needed once i get more info from Rage/sugar!

later :thumbup:

Update: So far... (weather pending) Yes, afew of us are gonna met up and ride to HELL!
Me, Rage42, Sugarbear, (and her BF dave, non-ninja) will be going. SB's friend Betty is a maybe*, Rages friend is also a Maybe*. So we got like 6 ppl possible so far. SB might ride her Ninja or her BMW. Rage/Me will be on ours (duh, only bikes we got) :lol: Betty (if she comes) will be on her BMW, SB's BF dave, will either be on his BMW or his "HP2"? i dunno what a HP2 is, but SB told me its a sportbike!

Well this isnt a ninja rally, thou id LOVE to see more 250R's in the line up going to HELL. Its open to all who have a motorcycle and love to ride and met and make new friends!

See you soon, IKYP (ill keep you posted)

ScorpionNinja
July 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
weather looks ok to go to bike night at ROSIES or swing by HAMILNs 23mile. see you guys there... is so!

ScorpionNinja
July 24th, 2009, 05:22 PM
UPDATE!!!

This SUNDAY, 26th @ 11mile/gratiot (off i-696) NW corner in National Coney Island. Me, Sugarbear, her BF, Rage42 (and maybe 2-3other friends of theirs). We will be MEETING here @ 10:00-11:00am. A quick met and greet, talk about riding as a group,etc... then taking off to HELL, MI. :eek:

If Rage doesnt met up with us at 11mile/gratiot, then well be meeting up at some point down i-96, probally at 12 OAKS MALL (12mile/novi rd.) in NOVI,MI.
(unless he changes his meeting spot in the last 48hrs)

Sugarbears bf, Dave... will be leading the group. I think hell be on his BMW HP2 sportbike, and SB will be on her blue Ninja! Daves got a GPS on his bike! :thumbup:

So far the only Planned stop will be in HELL.... to check out and Eat @ DAMN SITE INN. I dunno if were gonna eat first once we get there, or chill for a bit, but the weather this SUNDAY should be cloudy early, and (guessing around) 6pm+ T-storms will be possible. If all goes well, we all should be back home b4 the storms hit! :D
BRING your RAIN GEAR in case!!!

PM me, rage42 or sugarbear for any more info.

SEE YOU IN HELL!!!

TheAnswer
July 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
My brother and I just recently bought our first bikes. He got the Red 09, and I got the Green SE. I live in Farmington Hills and work all over the metro Detroit area. My bro lives in Howell. I am sure we will both be up for some area meet and greets.

Take care,
Sean

rage42
July 29th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Sounds good, we'll keep posting our planned rides. If your up for a quicker meeting, just to get introductions out of the way, pm one of us and we can setup something small.

Dave and I are going to try going to Port Huron tonight and see what its like up there.

sugarbear
July 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hi, Sean! And congrats on the new Ninjas!:D

So here's the important question: which one is faster, the red or the green one? <LOL>

Hope we can all get together for a mini Ninjette Rally soon here in S.E. Michigan. If you PM Matt or Dave, they know where the local bike nights are and can arrange a time & place for a small meet & greet!

Regards.
Carol

ScorpionNinja
July 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Matt... i cant Ride Nate tonite for angry bulls in port huron, nor can i Drive my ****ing Car to met up with you guys!

At lunch today, we all rode with my boss to Mc D's and i LEFT my Keys in his truck! I called him to come back to work to drop them off, but he was already on his way with his Wifey in the car... up to a wedding or sumin. So i cant Ride my Bike, or my Car.... cuz the KEY/backup keys, for both are LOCKED in my lil SAFE... and to Open that i need a KEY from my KEYs in Bosses Truck!!! Arrghhhh

So my GF is gonna drive me to work in the morning and tomorrow all will be good!

I had rick from work, drive me to Wal-mart after work. to kill time until my GF got home from work, i figured id look at all the digital cameras... and im going with a CANON for sure. Dunno what one yet, but leaning on the Canon Powershot A1000-IS $129.99

Yo, Thurs (tomorrow) chance of rain 50% in afternoon.... but do you guys ALL Wanna met up in downtown Royal Oak? Main st./4th st. area? wed,thur-nites are bike nights out there... Lots of bikes parked along the streets all lined up!

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
July 30th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Well i just checked the WEATHER and NO RAIN for today/tonite...... not till MON next week! :D

So, im trying to decide on where to go hang out tonite on NATE!!!

i saw WRIF add @ Boomers in waterford (near matt) wrif prizes, bike night,etc.

then theres Thurs-nites in downtown Royal Oak, sport bike nite along the strip... some 300+ sport bikes hanging out. good chance to met new ppl and make new friends! :thumbup:

i was looking at Hamlin Pubs website... and they DONT mention anything about any bike nights at any of their places! :mad: does anyone know sumin about a bike nite @ one of the 6 hamlin pubs???

im ready for a ride.... just PM me or call my cell! i just gotten gear up and jump on NATE! :cool:

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
August 4th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Tonite is TUES.

Rosies in chesterfield doesnt have the Stunt riders anymore and the crowd and such has died down, from afew weeks ago! (redwings in playoffs brought in lots of ppl)

Now ive yet to go up and hang out during the hours of 6pm-10pm up at HAMLIN PUB on 23mile. The few times ive rode back n forth between places (spend 1 hr here, then 1 hr there,etc) HAMLINs PUB has 8-16 sportbikers up there. Ive Never seen anyother cool events going on... just afew ppl chillin',eatin',drinkin' (no more then 1 i hope)

Well if the Rain holds out, and if anyone wants to met up and go check out both or one of the places, im Down! Ill get to use my NEW HELMET i got last FRIDAY! heh :D

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
August 4th, 2009, 02:32 PM
This WED. @ ANGRY BULLs in Kimball,Mi.

weather is supposed to be Nice and 78 degrees!

This will be the very FIRST TIME ive been able to go up there on WRIF bike night for WED.'s!!! Im planning on going for sure, if you wanna met up and ride with me, or met up at the Bulls... leave a post! :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
August 4th, 2009, 02:35 PM
This THURS. @ Royal Oak,Mi. (downtown area, Main st./off 1-696)

is Bike Night (SPORTBIKERS GLORE)

Rage and I, confirmed last THURSNITE, that this is the hang out for sportbikers!!! we got there waay too late around 10pm and there WASNT a spot for both us to park along Main street (the strip)!

My dad & uncle is having a garage sale from THUR-SAT. So im going over to visit early right afterwork. 12mile/cooliage area is where ill be at, not far from downtown. So if you wanna met up, Post your time and such!

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
August 7th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Tonite: FRIDAY

Looks like its gonna Rain pretty soon here! I just looked at radar and its over Lapeer area atm, unless it breaks up once in the Mt.Clemens area...

NO GO for bike night at Gibaltar trade center!

If you wanna do a short ride tonite, if it clears up and its not too late, PM me or Email me!

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
August 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Aug.13th THURS-NIGHT

@ Downtown Royal Oak, Mi. (up and down Main street)

Time: 630PM- till ??? (we feel like)

Ill be in nearby Berkley, Mi. visiting my dad and checking out Pre-Woodward Dream Cruise events. Gonna try to find and chill with a guy from work, Terry. Whom has a Nice 69' camaro, and a HD fatboy. Hell be somewhere in the area, ill ahve to ask him tomorrow at work.
So since ill be nearby all you gotta do is Call my Cell!

See Yaz!

sugarbear
August 12th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'll be there sometime between 6:30 - 7. The weather looks great for Thursday, should be a nice turn out of bikes. Interested in seeing what this Royal Oak Sport Bike Nite is all about.
Maybe we can all meet at a coffee shop or designated spot?
See ya then.:thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
August 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Next THURSDAY NITE @ Royal Oak, Mi.

Bike Nite again! Aug.20th 2009!

To get a TASTE of what its like downtown... Please go check out my Posts and Pics, in the PICTURE threads! :thumbup:

sugarbear
August 17th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Scorpion Ninja (aka Dave). Last Thursday the Bike Night in Royal Oak was over the top. :thumbup: Maybe it was extra busy because of the Woodward Dream Cruise, or maybe the near perfect weather... Great pics on the other thread, by the way :) Anyway, Thursday is the night for sportbikes. (If you're riding a Ninja, I wouldn't go on Wednesday nights, it's Harley night! Not that there's anything wrong with that :D) Probably head out there again this week if the weather cooperates!

ScorpionNinja
August 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Heh, have you checked the forecast for this week? OMG its bad! This is michigan... give it 5 mins ... the weather will change!!! :haha:

ScorpionNinja
August 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
well i checked the forecast and THURNITE looks like Rain!

hmmm tonite its gonna start to rain, but i think not till around 12am - midnight. So anyone wanna met up in royal oak tonite HD bike night and spoil their fun with our 'rice burners? :lmao:

Or got a suggestion for another area to cruise/explore tonite?

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
August 25th, 2009, 06:38 PM
AUG. 25th 2009 @ Hamlin Pub - chesterfield,Mi.

Me, my GF-Dawn met up with djbeers @ Hamlin Pub in chesterfield! We got some dinner and hung out for afew hours there! about 7-8pm quite afew sportbikers all came and parked. Hmm like 35 bikes total with afew HD types!

my GF got to met dave, and dave got to met dawn aka my Cuddlebunny! :D

Man its getting darker out quickly. 820pm sunset :(

ScorpionNinja
August 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Bike Nite @ Royal Oak again!

(If weather is Nice to us)

Ill go for sure, my gf Dawn might 2up with me there, thou not sure at this time! ill Post update tomorrow!!! :)

Anyone else wanna Met me up there? Matt? you havent gone yet?

ttyl guys...

djbeer
August 27th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Bike Nite @ Royal Oak again!

(If weather is Nice to us)

Ill go for sure, my gf Dawn might 2up with me there, thou not sure at this time! ill Post update tomorrow!!! :)

Anyone else wanna Met me up there? Matt? you havent gone yet?

ttyl guys...
I am planning to be in royal oak tonight if the weather is OK. It was nice meeting your GF tuesday. She is a keeper. Let me know where you want to eat and time.

Djbeer

ScorpionNinja
August 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well a HUGE Rain system is heading Due EAST! covering from grand rapids, lapeer,flint,etc! royal oak is a NO GO for me at least! :lol:

Well the weather looks ok enuff for this SAT-SUN for a trip. I was thinking of another HELL,Mi. trip... or maybe Caseville, or some place thats around 100miles ONE WAY.... cant do the Traverse City,Mi. one yet... but Soon! Start planning on it guys! Start leaving your upcoming weekends OFF, etc so we can get at least 1 Big long trip going ASAP!!!! :(

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
August 31st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hi, lets try for another Royal Oak Bike nite, this THURS. Sept.3rd!
Weather so far looks like NO RAIN, also this will be my Last THURS nite before my Bowling league season starts... on THURS Sept.10th!

I can come to Royal Oaks Bike Nites on THURS till the riding season is over or dies out... but it wont be until like 1030pm when i get out there. This is Once Sept.10th Hits and my Bowling Season Starts! Im still down for it thou, if you guys are! :thumbup:

Anyother type of Bike nites you guys hear about, Post em up! Also when do you guys wanna do the Traverse City trip? For me its gotta be a Weekend. Ex: Ill work a Sat. Morning, get off 9am. Get home and get ready by 10am. Well met up at some place say 1030-11am. Then Ride out to Traverse City taking breaks and stops as needed! Spend the Night out there somewhere, and hang out, ride up around there some of Sunday, till 5pm? then Gas up and head home, be in bed by 11pm?
Sound Good?

We could also do HELL again, as my GF dawn wants to come this time! heh
We rode like 240 miles Sunday night. Went up to Port Sanilac, we took 23mile to M-29... all along the coast north....to M-25!

Leave one... :D

sugarbear
August 31st, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hi, ScorpionNinja.
I just PM'd you.
Also will post here about this weekend...
I'm sticking around town and would like to do some riding, so let me know what's up.
For Monday, there is a FREE "Puddle of Mudd" concert. :eek: Alternative type of music. They ROCK. A really great band!!! They have made some great music videos and get lots of radio play. If you want to see them, go to the Arts, Beats & Eats festival in Pontiac on Monday (Labor Day), they start at 6:30. There is a $2 admission to the festival and you will have to pay to park. I think it would be great to get a group of Ninjettes to meet up there and rock out <LOL>:thumbup:
Anyone interested?
Hey, Matt - you in?
SugarBear

ScorpionNinja
September 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
djbeers, SB, me are going up to Hamlins Pub in Chesterfield (23mile & gratiot) 630pm till ???

They have $5 Burger,fries, 12oz. Beer,Pop,Tea (your choice)

See you up there!:thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
September 1st, 2009, 03:18 PM
Hi, ScorpionNinja.
I just PM'd you.
Also will post here about this weekend...
I'm sticking around town and would like to do some riding, so let me know what's up.
For Monday, there is a FREE "Puddle of Mudd" concert. :eek: Alternative type of music. They ROCK. A really great band!!! They have made some great music videos and get lots of radio play. If you want to see them, go to the Arts, Beats & Eats festival in Pontiac on Monday (Labor Day), they start at 6:30. There is a $2 admission to the festival and you will have to pay to park. I think it would be great to get a group of Ninjettes to meet up there and rock out <LOL>:thumbup:
Anyone interested?
Hey, Matt - you in?
SugarBear

Yes! My GF dawn is gonna 2UP with me there!

Mons i get off work early, MORE early this MON. (a Mow and Go - home)

My GF works till 3-4pm so well have to either Met up like 5pm, or Dawn and I, will have to met you guys up there in Pontiac!

If we are able to met up say around 5pm. Id Vote dave & carol, betty (if she can go) the 3-4 of us Met up @ 7-11 on corner of HALL RD & GRATIOT! Then we can fly down HALL RD to Pontiac! Matt can met up with us in pontiac! :thumbup:

sound good? sound like a basic plan? lol

rage42
September 2nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Ya, I'll try to meet up with you guys monday

ScorpionNinja
September 3rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Matt, Carol check your guys cells VM's* Dawn and i are getting rdy. well be up there between 630pm-7pm around Memphis Smoke // Mr. B's!!!

Hope to see you up there! @ Royal Oak Bike Nite!!!!!

Carol: Ride the Ninja :P I wanna see those stickers, its time to give the BMW a night off now! :P heh

ScorpionNinja
September 7th, 2009, 07:19 AM
carol,dawn,me & matt will all be going to the Annual Arts Beats & Eats Event in downtown Pontiac! today MON. We are meeting ( minus Matt) @ HALL RD. & GRATIOT @ 430pm. Then well ride the Ninjas west down HALL RD (M-59) to Pontiac! There well met up with Matt and get parked (dunno where yet, well figure that out once there , lol) Puddle of Mudd will be playing LIVE @ 630pm. :thumbup:

$2 admission fee, parking costs $5-10 (diff areas), all Food/drinks are bought with Tickets! Tickets cost $10 you get 16 tickets. Their used to 'buy' food,drinks.

See ya there!!!

ScorpionNinja
September 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hi, sugarbear and i are planning another run to Hell,Mi.

this weekend Sept. 19 or 20th 2009! SAT or SUN

My GF Dawn hasnt been there yet, so for now HELL is the place of Desire atm!
In case HELL isnt where the group as a whole wants to go, then Thumbarea like CASEVILLE,Mi. will be a possible backup plan. Traverse City, Mi. is tricky. I would love to go, havent been there yet, but i dont have a Tank Bag or the extra money atm to get one. Work... i would have to be able to get SUN off, meaning SAT morning (after i work) 10am-11am would be the time we met up (SB and i are within 20mins of eachother) to leave to go there, taking up all of SAT afternoon with stops needed (250R isnt comfy for 2UPs) Trip from my house would be Est. 5hrs 33mins!!! at LEAST 3-4 30min breaks would be needed for us 2UPin' on my 250R!

Or... screw her LOL, solo riding would be ideal. :thumbup:
Getting her up so early, when all she ever wants to do on the weekends is sleep in (i work early as hell & when i get home if im not tired i wanna go out and do sumin as there isnt much traffic,etc!) Also her 15 yr old, twin 16 yr olds left at home for like 2 days ISNT a good idea. Home will burn down or once we return 1 of their ghetto friends i could see breaking in and stealing stuff... like my PC :mad:

(rant mode: GO!)

lol

anyhow.... months ive posted bike nites etc here!
Im wondering if you other members near me, even ride your 250R anymore. SB,Me,Rage are the only ones that are serious of doing mets and greets! It would be nice for more of them from different ppl.

Next year my Dad will be getting back into Motorcycling ( gonna get a bike just like his old one he had at age 20)
and get a used, good condition 72-74' Honda 350 four cyl. (RED)
so there will be tons of father & son rides,trips next year around the Mi. area! :thumbup:

sugarbear
September 15th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Hey ScorpionNinja (aka Dave).
It's hard getting a Riders Group started. It takes persistence and fortitude. You have that. Just keep posting! It's all about having fun and meeting like minded people. Hopefully others will jump in before Old Man Winter shows up... :eek:
Carol (aka Sugarbear)

DarkStar
September 17th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I would like to go but it depends on when you leave. This would be my first group ride and Im a noob rider. So if this requires alot of xp or the noob thing bothers ya then let me know. I need some open road and would feel safe with a group not to mention how much id learn from a trip like this.

So if thing is pulling together let me know the date and a route so i can study before the trip. I also do not have tank bags and a half day trip sounds great to me.

BTW - Anyone heading out to Royal Oak bike night tonight ?

Take Care,

DarkStar(Ron)

ScorpionNinja
September 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I would like to go but it depends on when you leave. This would be my first group ride and Im a noob rider. So if this requires alot of xp or the noob thing bothers ya then let me know. I need some open road and would feel safe with a group not to mention how much id learn from a trip like this.

So if thing is pulling together let me know the date and a route so i can study before the trip. I also do not have tank bags and a half day trip sounds great to me.

BTW - Anyone heading out to Royal Oak bike night tonight ?

Take Care,

DarkStar(Ron)

Hello, welcome Ronny!

EXP isnt needed, back when we did the first Hell trip, it was me,matts first time doing a Group ride... :thumbup:
However, it would be helpful if you have some EXP/are comfortable riding on the Highway @ 65 MPH! If you do go, ONCE we met up, well have spend some time going over Group Ride Rules, handsignals,etc... to help communicate during the Ride and Safety!

Ok, so this is whos all going atm as i know! (ppl could change plans, but so far...)

Its This SATURDAY, Sept. 19th, 2009!!! @ 10am
(1st meeting point starts w/ carol & me @ 696/Gratiot)

Its gonna be Me, Dawn (my GF riding on back w/me), Sugarbear (aka Carol), Betty *DUNNO YET* (she is Carols friend), Rage42 (aka Matt)... for now!

Ok, Dawn and i, are meeting Carol @ 10AM at the Coney Island just corner off I-696 & Gratiot (11mile rd). Once there the 3 of us MIGHT stop in for a quick Breakfest before riding out. So Maybe around 10:45AM well be Leaving there!

Then we will be heading EAST on I-696...

well Met up with you @ Downtown Royal Oak (Main st.) Ummm Close near Mr. B's good for you?

Ok, then well head EAST on I-696 again....

then get on EAST I-96....

then Met up with Matt @ Twelve Oaks Mall (ext#168) off Novi rd. (again :D)

then well get back on EAST I-96 and from there on... Carol will have to take Lead!

Carols got a GPS unit on her bike. We cant plan an exact route, due to unknown consruction and **** way out there! :mad:

Last time our friend Dave lead the way (hes got a GPS too), plus he knew the backroads pretty well out in that area... so things went pretty easy!

Sooo... thats the basic 411 of the trip for now!

Will you join us Darkstar?

As for Royal Oak Tonite, or the next few THURNITE BIKE NITES out there... im down to go... but i CANT get out there until like 10:30-11:00PM!
I bowl on my League every THURSDAY NITE! 6:30pm-10PM ish... and when i got out there last week 11pm things were like kinda dead or dying out! :(
So "I" cant make it Early to get the good parking spots, when its most Busy,etc..... but If you guys wanna get their Early then hang and wait for me to get there, ill go for sure. But its like i said... 10:45PM ish until i Get There! :mad: Sorry!

well guys ttyl

-dave

DarkStar
September 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Well I hit up bike night in RO for a bit- late night and most of the crowd had cleared out. I cruised around for a bit looking (10 :45 -11:10) for Mr.Dj And Mr.Scorp but I didn’t seem to have any luck finding you guys. I thought I noticed a red 250 across the street and a little south of Mr.B's ..Was that you scorp? I'll have to kick myself for not stopping if so ... I also caught a SE 09 making a turn at 11 mile and main. Oh well next time ill try to get out early to actually enjoy it.

Scorp- Ill send a message later today if I can get some time to make the trip. SAT works better for me then Sunday so its looking good and 10:45 - 11ish @ Mr.b's would be fine. (dont stop for me unless i give you a message with my cell)

I’m no Christopher Columbus but your directions have me confused. I think you meant 696 W - 96 W not E ...bah details :D.

I don’t have very many e-way miles under my belt since I was trying to be nice to my bike for at least the first 500. But from what I have done I feel comfortable .... I hope this pans out for me ... cause it sounds like some fun.

take Care,
DarkStar(Ron)

rage42
September 18th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I might meet you guys at the coney for breakfast...wrong direction to Hell, but just means more riding for me.

I've got some maintenance things to do on the bike tonight, so I'll be there on time...and even in the right place this time...honest...unless i break something, or I don't wake up, which is possible given all the overtime i've done this week.

Welcome to the group Darkstar. Sounds like you might be as laid back as the rest of us. :) It'll be a good ride if you come out.

DarkStar
September 18th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Got it cleared with work ... Im in

sugarbear
September 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Hey, Ron.

Glad you can make it tomorrow.
Just to make directions more clear, you were right, we are going WEST bound to Hell. I kinda have a route planned which will not be too many expressway miles, so you can go easy on that new Ninja! We will take 696 to Orchard Lake Road, then the rest is pretty much 2 lane highway.
Can you meet us for breakfast in the morning? That would be better than trying to tag up w/you in Royal Oak. Dave, Dawn, Betty, myself, and probably Matt too are all meeting at National Coney Island @ Gratiot & 696 around 10AM. That way we can all go over the route and group riding rules together before we head out.
Anybody in the group have your cell # yet?
C-ya tomorrow.:thumbup:

Carol
Also, it's about 65 miles one way to Hell. Might wanna make sure everyone gases up before we head out.

ScorpionNinja
September 18th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Ok, im here..... finally got on my PC today (tonite i mean,err..)

Confrimed, matt is gonna met us @ the coney island at 10am (ish) on 11mile (I-696) & Gratiot (landmark is a HUGE CONE THING, seen from 696...cant miss it)

Yes, well be heading WESTbound, not east... sorry! (was tired when i typed that info the other nite.

Weather REPORT!!!

for TONITE LOW: 48 degrees :Burr: :eek:

SAT 19th! SUNNY*
HIGH: 69 degrees, :thumbup: :)
LOW: 49 degrees :eek:

Matt is gonna Met us up at Coney island off 696/gratiot! @ 10am
I just talked to him on his cell. :thumbup:

see you guys in the morning!!!!! SET YOUR ALARMS NOW, DONT FORGET!!!

Im gettig up at 830am .... sound good? :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
September 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Well I hit up bike night in RO for a bit- late night and most of the crowd had cleared out. I cruised around for a bit looking (10 :45 -11:10) for Mr.Dj And Mr.Scorp but I didn’t seem to have any luck finding you guys. I thought I noticed a red 250 across the street and a little south of Mr.B's ..Was that you scorp? I'll have to kick myself for not stopping if so ... I also caught a SE 09 making a turn at 11 mile and main. Oh well next time ill try to get out early to actually enjoy it.

Scorp- Ill send a message later today if I can get some time to make the trip. SAT works better for me then Sunday so its looking good and 10:45 - 11ish @ Mr.b's would be fine. (dont stop for me unless i give you a message with my cell)

I’m no Christopher Columbus but your directions have me confused. I think you meant 696 W - 96 W not E ...bah details :D.

I don’t have very many e-way miles under my belt since I was trying to be nice to my bike for at least the first 500. But from what I have done I feel comfortable .... I hope this pans out for me ... cause it sounds like some fun.
DarkStar(Ron)

well, remb you wont see me out in royal oak on THURS nites this fall, cuz i go Bowling on my League from 630pm-10pm! You hvae to let me know (a PM or my cell #) if you want me to met up after im done bowling!

Yea, that Red 250R you saw was probly the one i took Pics of weeks ago when we met up in royal oak thurs bike nite!

Also that SE 09 ninja 250R you saw, probley the same one that ive seen when leaving/or going to my uncles in Berkley near by! :thumbup:

DarkStar
September 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Hey, Ron.

Glad you can make it tomorrow.
Just to make directions more clear, you were right, we are going WEST bound to Hell. I kinda have a route planned which will not be too many expressway miles, so you can go easy on that new Ninja! We will take 696 to Orchard Lake Road, then the rest is pretty much 2 lane highway.
Can you meet us for breakfast in the morning? That would be better than trying to tag up w/you in Royal Oak. Dave, Dawn, Betty, myself, and probably Matt too are all meeting at National Coney Island @ Gratiot & 696 around 10AM. That way we can all go over the route and group riding rules together before we head out.
Anybody in the group have your cell # yet?
C-ya tomorrow.:thumbup:

Carol
Also, it's about 65 miles one way to Hell. Might wanna make sure everyone gases up before we head out.

Sure that sounds like a good idea. Dave has my cell and see ya @ 10am.

ScorpionNinja
September 19th, 2009, 06:35 AM
dawn and i are leaving the house NOW! see you guys at Coney island off 696/gratiot....

matt cant make it to coney island... hge just got up and called me, so well met up with him at like Best buy off telegraph and 96!

OMW....

djbeer
September 20th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Stockbridge All Clubs Day. All (motorcycle) Clubs bike day in Stockbridge (MI, not MA) (N42 27.009 W84 10.794). Noon to 4 PM on Sunday, September 20th, at the village square in downtown Stockbridge (trust me, you can't miss it!).
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Stockbridge,+MI+(Stockbridge)&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=10&ll=42.532844,-84.1539&spn=0.689141,1.599884&om=1&iwloc=addr

DarkStar
September 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM
All i have to say is Id had a blast and for the first time I was able to really enjoy my bike. Im not exactly sure where I was but I was in Hell when my odom hit 666 miles so i will take this as a good omen = ).

Dave , Dawn, Matt, Carol and Betty you guys are awesome thanks so much for the invite and you are all great peeps in my book. For being the noob in the group you made me feel very welcomed.

I learned a ton from just talking with you guys and the trip itself. Now im off for an oil change , chain rewax, and a wash down. My bike has earned it as it performed great. Also to see Dave ride 2 up on freeways and having no trouble keeping up is just another testiment to a great bike and one more reason to add to the stack of reasons why this bike is fantastic.

Carol ... how much longer did you have to wait and did Betty get her bike taken care of ? I really had a hard time leaving.

Id like to see the pics you guys got as I didnt get a chance ot take many and my phone doesnt take the best of pics... let me know if you post up.

We really need a SE 09 for the next run to complete the bag of skittles gang LMAO... please for the love of god make this sound more biker cool ... Angry bag of skittles or something to that effect :D

Please keep on posting trips as I know I cant make em all but I look forward to atleast 1 more before old man winter freezes us into cagers.

Thanks again,
Ron (Darkstar)

rage42
September 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Good to have you along. :)

(Perspective for other readers: Our ride leaders Bmw r1200(?) wouldn't start when we made our last pit stop of the day.)

Betty called me at 9:00 last night and said that the trailer was on its way, but they still had to wait another 45 minutes. Thanked me for my offer to come back out with my trailer.

Don't feel bad for leaving though, Carol stayed, and there wasn't much any of us could do...except for me to get home and be ready to get my trailer out there if her friends couldn't make it. They had a long trip to get the bike to the dealership too...They probably weren't home until midnight.

We need to split these posts and put them in ride reports...:)

sugarbear
September 20th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hey, Rage (Matt): Thanks for being available for "road service". You are the best. Cannot thank you enough for offering to help. You da man!!! (HUGS, HUGS):thumbup:

Hey, Darkstar(Ron) You rode like a true Champion! Seriously! I was a noob 4 years ago and I was scared *&#$less when it came to curves. You kept up and did us proud. Yeah, Maybe "Skittles" isn't a macho name for a 4 pack of Ninjas, but we did have a color thing goin' on... Blue, Red, Black - We still need a green 250 to complete the spectrum. (Any takers?) Where is KKIM when we need him????

ScorpionNinja (Dave) and his g/f Dawn were an inspiration. Riding 2 up! I had a hard time keeping pace in the tail position!!! <LOL> :cool: Dawn is Awesome... She must really like you to sit on the back of a 250 for that wild ride!

Betty's BMW is waiting further inspection to see what happened. Many thanks to the group for sticking around. I waited with her until the trailer showed up (around 10PM-ish), went home, got my car, then drove her back home. I got home late VERY VERY late! But that is how us riders are. Always offer to help out. NEVER leave anyone stranded alone on the road.

I had a great time. So we need to plan another group ride real soon!!!

ScorpionNinja - any pics???? I count on you for documentation!!!:p

What a great day! Rarely does one group of riders who never all rode together before become a nice arrangement. Thanks to all of you!!!
:D

ScorpionNinja
September 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM
Heres pics of our trip...

my GF Dawn stike'in afew Poses in Her S&S motorcycle Jacket she bought off a friend of hers!

Theres Ron, Rockin' in his Scorpion Stinger/White Jacket!!! :D
That was the jacket i almost got months ago... i planned to maybe Get the Same one for Next Season! :thumbup: "Stormtroopers" Rock ~

Firing up the Ninjas & Getting Ready for our Jouney into HeLL!
After we ate a lil' Breakfast & Met n' Greet! Matt showed up 'just' as we started to grab our stuff and head out the door! :p hehehee

Group Rest stop & Map check, i think off Orchard Lake Rd. (consruction along 696 & 96 screwed us over with Detours) :mad: Betty's trusty GPS on her 'Streetfighter' BMW saved us afew headaches! :allhail:

Ye' Good ol' DAMN SITE INN... :D

"The Bathroom from HeLL"... :devil:

Look...Skittles!!! (as Carol pointed out during our Lunch in the Damn Site Inn!) :rofl:

The Hearse Car Club! Man there was about 35 of em' parked out back! :thumbup:

Deaths Evil Custom Trike!!! :eek:

"Even More Open" ??? :rotflmao: Ron pointed it out... then i needed to take a Pic!

TheAnswer
September 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Looks like you all had a great time.. I will have to make the next one.

One more before winter?

ScorpionNinja
September 21st, 2009, 01:45 PM
More Pics...

This is a Kawaski Z750R...

Here we stopped for Gas & a Map check...

Where we last Group Stopped! (Betty's Breakdown)
If only Betty still had her 2000 Ninja 250R Pre-Gen!!! :heh:

I snuck this Pic of Betty while we were trying to figure out how (whom) to get her BMW 1200RT to the Dealer to get Fixed! :D

" SKITTLEZZZ " (We just need a Green one to complete our Skittles Crew!) :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
September 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Looks like you all had a great time.. I will have to make the next one.

One more before winter?

hey sean, are you the sneaky 09' SE, that Ron and i have seen around the Royal Oak area? :burnout:

and Yes! There will be one more Trip too HeLL. I for one wanna take a SAT & SUN off in like 3 weekends to do my First Traverse City, Mi. Ironbutt Trip!!!!

I havent been up there since i was 5 yrs old on a family trip. We stayed in a rented cabin off either "Lil' Glen" or "Big Glen" - Lake!

Im still looking at getting a Mag Tank Bag for these long trips! I could get by w/o one..but :lol:

So whos 100% FOR SURE gonna go on a SAT & SUN weekend Traverse City Trip within 3-4 weeks??? *Come on you Didnt Buy your Ninja to just sit and Collect Dust now did you?* :boink:

ScorpionNinja
September 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Hmmm... we could try for a Mini-Ninja Met and Greet!

During the work week or weekend perhaps? Post your IDEAL date/time so that maybe we can get a 5-6 Ninja man short trip started!!!

The only 2 worthy (in my EXP) Curvy Roads within a short 30-40mile (ish) drive from anyones house around here, are:

#1 Harvey Lake Road - Holly, Mi. off M-59 some 20miles Past Pontiac!

50 MPH speed limit area! The whole way was a BLAST when Matt (Rage42) took me down them weeks ago! +1 Its near Matt, so i know hell wanna go...

#2 Rochester Road - Rochester, Mi. from like 32mile till 40 mile has some nice Twisties! (some parts of the road are cracked and OLD, gotta be careful thou) :eek: :D

(After you pass like 25mile while ON Rochester Road, to your Left is Orion Lake Road, its got afew slight curves... not the best but...) *

So anyone else have any cool, fun roads near by we could do a short cruise on ASAP?

rage42
September 22nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Looks like Friday is the only nice day this week...
Posted via Mobile Device

ScorpionNinja
September 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Looks like Friday is the only nice day this week...
Posted via Mobile Device

ok, let me know when and what and where you wanna go! etc

ttyl

ScorpionNinja
September 22nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
@ Dooley's in Roseville (formerly Wild Woodys) off 14mile/Gratiot!
met at around 10:30pm-10:45pm (after my bowling league is over)

89x radio station, dave & chuck the freak will likely be up there for a 89x promo nite!

If anyone would like to met up there, let me know!

If not... ill be just riding home after bowling like a good boy should! :devil:

ttyl...

ScorpionNinja
September 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Well, update.... i almost didnt go bowling tonite, im pretty Sick!

I think i have a Hayfever! my allergies kicked my ass today at work ALL DAMN DAY! got home and rested with some meds! felt better... until i got home ummm 30mins ago!

If i wake up with a fever and dizzy (like normally when i feel like this) i might have to call into work. If so then tomorrow afternoons Group Ride, ill have to skip and Rest up! :sad:

I work Sat or SUns are the only days i work, then get off super Early at 9-10am!

If you guys wanna do a ride this weekend instead... something short that invloves eating out and just taking it easy, Cell ME!

I dunno atm what days im working this weekend, so ill update this tomorrow afterwork!

anything else?

ttyl
-SN

sugarbear
September 25th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Hey, ScorpionNinja.

Feel better soon. Allergies are bad in the fall. DAMHIK. Stock up on Claritin and take one first thing in the AM before you get outside!
Betty and I are heading up to Port Austin for the weekend. I took today off so we can get an early start.
Catch up w/ you all next week.:thumbup:
L8R
Carol

rage42
September 25th, 2009, 06:18 AM
What ended up being the problem with Betty's bike?

Sorry to hear scorp, I'll probably just cruise around town this weekend...nothing serious.

ScorpionNinja
September 25th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Hey, ScorpionNinja.

Feel better soon. Allergies are bad in the fall. DAMHIK. Stock up on Claritin and take one first thing in the AM before you get outside!
Betty and I are heading up to Port Austin for the weekend. I took today off so we can get an early start.
Catch up w/ you all next week.:thumbup:
L8R
Carol

i already take Claritin-D 24 hour! Its just that sometimes serious hay fever type allergies attack me! Then i feel like ****, dizzy, fever, hot, sore throat/swellen, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, aches and pains! My boss sounded pissed this morning when i called in, but hey i cant work feeling the way iam. "Operating Heavy machinery or driving a car" are Donts when your Sick like this! People that dont suffer and feel my kinda allergies, DONT have anyidea of what its like! Same for me, NOT knowning what its like having/getting Migraine headaches... you just either know wtf their talking about, or Dont!

Anyhow, dawn isnt feeling good either. So i think tomorrow (SAT) were gonna rest up. (we are feeling better then earlier, just need more Time)
So, lets say this (SUN) We or i'll be up for a Ride of some sort!
If anyone is interested just call my CELL or PM me or whatever!
My guess is my boss put me down to work this (SUN) 6am-9/10am so say after 1030am ill be ready to head out!

ttyl - SN

ScorpionNinja
September 27th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Yawn, well i got home from work this morning!
I feel up too, for a ride on Nate today, thou the weather is cloudy and doesnt look too promising atm! :(

So im gonna go see a Movie @ 11:15am (1hr 49mins long) so this afternoon once im outta the movie, the good ol Sun will be out?

Matt, you gonna stuck around your area n chill cruise... well gimme a call & we can cruise harvey lake road once again, and go further up into Fenton,Mi. :thumbup:

Ron, if your not busy and wanna cruise somewhere close by, and or, Join Matt and i (if matt calls me,etc) It'd be great for ya to come along man!

Carol, if you and betty are still up north, call me and maybe i can FLY (really) up there and met up for Dinner with you guys in the thumb area still?

Dave, i tried calling you this morning... no answer... if you wanna cruise for s short ride & or take me back out to pinckney area for those roads your friends showed you... call me man!

ttyl - SN :ninjaman:

rage42
September 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm just working on the bike a little, so just give me a call when your ready. I'll go anywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

sugarbear
September 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hey ScorpionNinjaMan.

Made it back from the Girls Gone Wild in Port Austin weekend. <LOL> Great to get away! It was a blast. I might be in trouble tho. Something about a squirt gun at the campfire. I really dunno what happened:o

So next weekend looks like Betty is going to an out of state BMW rally, so I will be available for a more close to home type of ride. Keep me posted on what's up this week!!! OK? :D
Hugs

Carol

djbeer
September 28th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Hey ScorpionNinjaMan.

Made it back from the Girls Gone Wild in Port Austin weekend. <LOL> Great to get away! It was a blast. I might be in trouble tho. Something about a squirt gun at the campfire. I really dunno what happened:o

So next weekend looks like Betty is going to an out of state BMW rally, so I will be available for a more close to home type of ride. Keep me posted on what's up this week!!! OK? :D
Hugs

Carol

Will this be your first rally? It is too bad you will missed the open house at BMW of SE Michigan on Saturday. It is a great time with free food, free entertainment and free demo rides on BMW motorcycles. Their will be 700 people there. I will be getting an award for accumulating 100k miles on BMW motorcycles.

Dave

rage42
September 28th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Found a road mapping website. Lets people submit their favorite roads and comment about them. http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

sugarbear
September 28th, 2009, 03:59 PM
That is an awesome site, Matt. Thanks! I like the fact that it is interactive. :thumbup:
Also, just to clarify for Metro Detroit Area riders, I am not going away this weekend and definitely WILL be available for a short local ride either Sat. or Sun. depending on the weather of course. However, I *MUST SEE* that all important U of M vs MSU game on Saturday. GO BLUE!!!!:D

ScorpionNinja
October 2nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Opp i posted in wrong spot, heres Link:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30345

Also ill note, WEATHER for Fri (today), SAT, SUN this weekend blows!
RAIN RAIN RAIN!

This (SAT)
i might be going with djbeers to that BMW event, i hope Rain holds out & is at least Min/Light. I wanna test out and Demo Ride afew BMWs just to get a feel of what a sporttouring type bike would be like, also the added Weight of like 600LBS+ Free Food, etc... sounds great as long as the damn RAIN doesnt spoil the Event!

This (SUN)
Dawn and I, were planning on going to the Michrenfest in Holly,Mi.
I dunno if were gonna go due to the RAINY weather for SUN. Well have to wait and see..

anyone wanna come along with me? pst

ttyl, SN

ScorpionNinja
October 8th, 2009, 01:52 PM
This SAT. @ 11:30am at the Palace of Aulburn Hills,
Ill be going to see the Detroit Pistons at the Open Practice Event!
12:30am - 2:00pm

Automotion :eyebrow: will be there passin out Calaendars,etc

FREE Coke & Hot Dog p/persons,etc

Free Ticket giveaways,etc...

So if your a Pistons Fan, come met me out there and well start a lil Ninja Tail-Fender Party in the parking lot! :thumbup:

Post if your gonna met up...

ScorpionNinja
October 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Hi guys,

Im going up north to visit my cousin next weekend, Oct. 24-25th, 2009!
Shes having a Early-Halloween Party! :evil:

Im gonna dress up as 'Billy Mays' :D
I cant grow out a full beard, but hey! :haha: Best part is when i told her, she didnt know who he is/was! :roflmao:

Anyways, i know the riding season is really closing fast, but... Ron, Matt, Carol, Betty, Sean... do ya guys wanna set up a short/small ride or event this weekend, or Halloween weekend after i get back?

Just remember that once the snow falls, we all can met up and hang out in a place with four walls! Im not much of a Bar hopper these days, but how about us all getting together to have a Drink & Shoot some Pool, or go Bowling,etc?

ttyl, later
SN~

DarkStar
October 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I am up for one more somewhere , sometime ... work is not helping this issue at all they have been keeping me really busy. If we dont make it out before snow fall im game to hang out ... Id bug you guys way more about ride'n if work wasnt killing me ... ROFL billy mays...

sugarbear
October 16th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Next week looks like it will hit 60 degrees again. (Finally!) You guys should plan one more ride/get together before puttin' the Ninjas away for the winter!!!:eek:

rage42
October 16th, 2009, 08:09 PM
60 and rain :(

ScorpionNinja
October 31st, 2009, 05:28 PM
Tomorrow - Nov. 1st, 2009

Ill be Winterizing my Nate!
If i wake up early enuff, without being lazy and going back to sleep, im gonna try and ride up to work and around afew areas and take some Nice Fall in Michigan PICs! :D

Before bringing Nate over to my Dads and start tuckin' Nate into bed! :D

Later all! Take it easy!

- dave (SN)

ScorpionNinja
February 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hello,

Hey i figured id post here, cuz i havent in quite awhile!
Sup guys?
Man i cant wait to bust out my Ninja for some rides soon!!!
My Winter hasnt been anything great or anything, nothing really to talk about, except that during my Bowling league back in Dec. 09' I bowled my first 300 Game!
I just got my Ring last thursday night. Our league president passed out ppls awards that night! I was told i wasnt going to get my Ring until April-May, sooner the better! :thumbup:

Well, im curious as to how many of you guys wanna met up for another Trip to Hell, Mi. BUT this time we shall go during the "Blessing of the Bikes", as ive never been to this event!
* ( Blessing of the Bikes, ISNT within Hell, Mi. ) * - my Info is wrong, see post below -

Another trip, dawn and i talked about possibly going on a Thumb Coast Trip!
- Taking Coast road along the Thumb, starting in Algonac and up through Port Huron, up through Lexington, Port Salinac, and furthermore along M-25. Finally making it up and around to like Bay City (with a Stop at my Cousins house/short visit for afew hrs), then If possible North more along M-25 or if its getting late, hop on Highway and makeway to I-75 to Home! (2.5hrs from this point).

We've talked about making many stops for breaks, site seeing, taking pics,etc!

So if matt,dave,ron,carol, betty you guys have any other ideas, post em below!

Looking forward to seeing you guys this Season! Be Safe & ttyl...

:thumbup:

rage42
February 16th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hey Dave, and everyone else,

I've just been working as usual, waiting out the cold weather. Went on a small spending spree, picked up a corbin seat, zg sport touring windscreen, tank protector, and finally got spools...none of it is installed though, too cold!

Now i'm shopping for new gear. Can't decide on colors...I might go by that one guys post and keep neutral colors, in case I buy a new bike later that isn't blue.

I'm always up for day trips. I've got some longer trips planned for this year, including a 2 week ride down to the dragon, and up the east coast.

Hope to be on the bike next month, even if it's windy out...

ScorpionNinja
February 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I'm always up for day trips. I've got some longer trips planned for this year, including a 2 week ride down to the dragon, and up the east coast.

Hope to be on the bike next month, even if it's windy out...

Hi matt,

Duude thats hella cool your going to the dragon! Thats in Tennesse?

I cant join ya on a long trip like that, cuz of my work, i never can take that much time off work.
Im still laid off for the winter, last week of March ill be back to work full time!

anyhow, yeah man, the Dragon would be soooo much FUN!!! Good Luck with that matt. Is your Dad gonna join you on that 2week trip?

Oh, Dawn and i were watching TV the other night, when a 1 hour show about "Sturgis, SD" came on...
Man we'd both LOve to go to Sturgis, SD during this years 70th annual Event, Aug. 9-15th 2010!

I Mapquested the trip from our house.... est: 1,245.8 miles! 19 hours 10mins! :eek: :D :thumbup:

it sucks... i have all the time in the world to go on some cool riding trips, BUT NO MONEY, then in the spring/summer i have the Money, but NO TIME! :(

Matt you could go with White as your Color... its bright, its a safe color, it goes with any bike! :thumbup:

ttyl, SN

rage42
February 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
The dragon is on the Tennessee/North Carolina border. Hitting the ocean at myrtal Beach, and heading north, fitting in as many states as we can. My dad will be riding his triked goldwing. We'll probably camp most days to save on money. It'll take a good 2 weeks, and I'm sure we're going to miss a bunch of stuff. I just haven't been out of the state much, so hopefully I'll find somewhere along the way that I want to visit longer.

This is the path we're working with, nothing is final yet. We'll be going late july/early august. It'll be by far my longest ride at 2,350 miles, which is why I'm buying so much stuff...that and I can afford it this year, and I just like buying stuff.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=waterford,+mi&amp;daddr=Deals+Gap,+Lanier,+Blount,+Tenness ee+to:2904+Fantasy+Way+Myrtle+Beach,+South+Carolina+29579+to:Liberty+St+to:hersh ey,+pa+to:chester,+wv+to:waterford,+mi&amp;geocode=FRb8igIdw5kH-ylJSMCel5ckiDEzOhZtkDoZJQ%3BFfUuHQIdj43_-in7UOiXPr5eiDEuSoIZNRbkIw%3BFS9iAgIdBpRL-ynFs5Ll2WsAiTGjU8ox85Dpow%3BFSYubQId4KuW-w%3BFeS2ZgId-Whu-ynzr7LMXrvIiTFWXqbIMP9ndA%3B%3BFRb8igIdw5kH-ylJSMCel5ckiDEzOhZtkDoZJQ&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=ls&amp;sll=40.578499,-80.519142&amp;sspn=0.23364,0.417137&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.186805,-79.321765&amp;spn=8.95231,10.65171&amp;t=h&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=waterford,+mi&amp;daddr=Deals+Gap,+Lanier,+Blount,+Tenne ssee+to:2904+Fantasy+Way+Myrtle+Beach,+South+Carolina+29579+to:Liberty+St+to:her shey,+pa+to:chester,+wv+to:waterford,+mi&amp;geocode=FRb8igIdw5kH-ylJSMCel5ckiDEzOhZtkDoZJQ%3BFfUuHQIdj43_-in7UOiXPr5eiDEuSoIZNRbkIw%3BFS9iAgIdBpRL-ynFs5Ll2WsAiTGjU8ox85Dpow%3BFSYubQId4KuW-w%3BFeS2ZgId-Whu-ynzr7LMXrvIiTFWXqbIMP9ndA%3B%3BFRb8igIdw5kH-ylJSMCel5ckiDEzOhZtkDoZJQ&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=ls&amp;sll=40.578499,-80.519142&amp;sspn=0.23364,0.417137&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.186805,-79.321765&amp;spn=8.95231,10.65171&amp;t=h" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

I'm not a fan of white, so I'm going to try for a mix of black/silver...and maybe a dash of blue in my gear. I think it'll look good...but then I was never one for fashion.

sugarbear
February 17th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Hey, guys.

Whassup?:cool:

Been a long winter, huh?

Glad to see some signs of an approaching spring. Longer days, birds singing, and now the Ninjette's starting to stir up here in the north!!!

Looks like a great adventure you have planned for this summer, Matt. Should be fun. You will need that comfy new seat!:thumbup:

Hey, Scorpion-Ninja! Congrats on the Perfect Game. Bowling a 300! wow.

Can hardly wait to get out and ride again.
Maybe we should all plan a get together soon.

Carol

ScorpionNinja
February 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Ok i just looked up some info on "The Blessing of the Bikes" annual event in Michigan, back when carol mentioned it during our trip to Hell,Mi. last season.

It starts the 3rd Sunday of May, in Baldwin, Mi.

heres a Link from from lastyears 2009 event!

http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/events/37th-Annual-Blessing-of-Bike-Festival-2009-05-15-Baldwin-MI.html

heres a Link with alil info on the History of the Event!

http://blessingofthebikes.org/

So, my GF Dawn and I, are going for sure! How many of you guys wanting and able to go this coming May 2010?

From what ive read, this is like Michigans version of SD's "Sturgis Motorcycle Event". Just alil smaller :D
Also from the Pics ive looked at... i hope ppl wont Hate on us 250R Sport bikers!!! :eek:

WHOA!
I just checked mapquest and its 3 hrs 30mins, 213 miles ONE WAY to Baldwin,Mi. from my doorstep! :D

ScorpionNinja
February 22nd, 2010, 05:25 AM
Updated Info!

Well, it looks like "Blessing of the Bikes" happens everywhere! The original Blessing of the Bikes started in, and still goes on in Baldwin,Mi.
There are alot of Mini-Blessing of the Bikes events around!

Heres the Hell, Mi. Link & Info

http://www.lets-ride.com/event/michigan.htm

ScorpionNinja
March 3rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
God i cant wait to ride...

Im about 1 month away from dusting off my Nate!!! :thumbup:

also, soon ill witness first-hand, wether or not Sta-Bil in our bikes, NOT draining float bowls and all that crap. If Nate will Start right up, or be stubborn! :D

Ill post feedback on my "Awakening the Ninja" 2010 Event! :P

- ttysooon
SN

DarkStar
March 17th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I’m Checking back in after my long winter knap. I started the process of getting my bike out this week because the weather has been so awesome. However, I have a short that may involve the kill switch. I don’t know... but i have to get it fixed before any long rides. I don’t want to be stranded in a parking lot somewhere filled with all types of crazy concrete statues.

Matt that’s a killer ride planned... got to let me know if you like that new seat.

I’ll keep checking back in ...looking forward to those updates and some future rides (and of course seeing you guys again). After all I waited till the end of last season for the good deals to really ride this season! Seeing the eruption of cycles on the road as of late has me buggin out. But work has been hell as of late.. Looking forward to it … Happy patties day!!

TmP
March 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi guys.

I'm not exactly from Detroit, but I work in Troy and live in white lake.
This state is horribly boring as far as roads go, so I can't wait to find some nice ones :-)

Not a Ninja owner yet, but that should change in a matter of days or weeks.

Tom

rage42
March 21st, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hi guys.

I'm not exactly from Detroit, but I work in Troy and live in white lake.
This state is horribly boring as far as roads go, so I can't wait to find some nice ones :-)

Not a Ninja owner yet, but that should change in a matter of days or weeks.

Tom

hey Tom,

none of us actually live inside Detroit. I'm in Waterford, so pretty close to you. We are always happy to find more riders. Are you a new rider?
Posted via Mobile Device

TmP
March 21st, 2010, 09:13 AM
Nope, knee dragger :)

TmP
March 24th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Are there any track events near by?
I know I live 10 minutes from Waterford Hills, but I think they "just" do car events right?
Don't get me wrong, can't wait, but I'd also like to do some track time this year on 2 wheels.

rage42
March 24th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I haven't looked in to any tracks around here. It might be fun to try, but it's not my thing...sounds expensive too...

TmP
March 24th, 2010, 05:14 PM
There should be something like BikeX hahaha

DarkStar
March 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Welcome Tom!

I also work in Troy ... http://www.grattanraceway.com/ Check it out... I think there are a couple more. I started to look into this and gave up on this cause 1. Im still a noob ... and still have alot to learn about wrench'n and ride'n 2. most track rules / things that people seem to do are all screws/bolts have to be tied down...mods etc. , suspension adjusted , new tiers every few days. Full race suit ... Maybe im wrong and thats if you want to be in the official races ... Thats just things i picked up from the net. So if you get any info on either this or maybe some type of race school thats local post up. What model /year are you going to get ? ... oh btw today was a nice day for a ride wooohoo (Just wanted to rub it in in case you havent got your bikes out yet) = )

TmP
March 25th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Yeah, thanks for the rubbing :/
Want a blue current gen. Have found a few, will pick one up pretty soon.

If I find any bike events I'll let you know.
I'm definitely gonna ask at local autoxs and so on.
WHo knows, something might come up :)

carajean
March 25th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hey guys im not from the detroit area I work and live in Flint. I just got a 250r last Friday so Im excited to ride. I dont have my endorsement yet, just my TIP. My BF recently crashed his R6 so he cant ride with me yet. Hope we can meet sometime like for Flints back to the bricks or the dream cruise this year.

sugarbear
March 29th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Welcome, Tom and Carajean.
Good to see some activity on this thread again:thumbup:
I've been out riding a bunch of times already! The Ninja started right up after the long winter "break".
Looks like it's going to be warming up the end of this week. Maybe 70 degrees by Thursday. It's about time, huh?
If anyone wants to get together for a ride, lemme know...
See ya.
Carol

rage42
March 29th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Just throw out a time and place...:) It looks like it's going to be nice starting Wednesday, through the weekend.

carajean
March 29th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Yeah I cant wait but alas I cant ride alone yet. Wish I could I would ride all week. To work and everything. If I knew what was covered in the road test I would practice that the first couple days then take the test thursday.

rage42
March 29th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Did your boyfriend take the road test? He should be able to put you through the paces.

TmP
March 29th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I've been exporing the local back roads the last couple of weeks in my tank to find places to ride.
Well, as you can imagin I didn't find anything great, but I found a couple of pretty sweet little twisty spots.

Where do you guys usually go to to have some fun???

Haven't been to Hell yet, is that any good?

rage42
March 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Fun roads are hard to find around here. The best one I found is taking M-59 West out to Harvey Lake Road, there's only about 2 or 3 miles of good turns, but they are the funnest turns I've been on around here. It will turn in to Milford road, and lead you out to Holly. Speed limit is 50 mph, so you can push it a little without worrying about cops...

The ride to hell is decent. Some good scenery, it's better than riding on straight roads, but nothing I'd call twisties. Hell is basically a 1 road town, bar & grill, a couple souvenir shops. It's as good as anywhere to ride to, and who doesn't want to go to hell and back? :)

TmP
March 29th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I found a LOT of little fun spots.
Nothing high speed though. Posted speeds from 25 to 45...
But still, slow twisties are better than no twisties LOL

If anyone cares, I'd be more than willing to show you guys this coming season.
Found about 2 hours worth of slow but fun riding around here.

The only fast and fun corner I found is the clover leaf of 75 / big beaver.
The two off ramps are NICE :-)

sugarbear
March 29th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Well, it looks like the rest of the week is going to be VERY nice...
Hey Matt, what's your schedule look like for Friday and Saturday? (I'm off work both days.) We should do a ride! I will PM you my cell #!
Anyone else who wants to go, you can either PM Matt or me. Looks like Tom hasn't picked up a 250 yet? And Carajean has one, but can't ride yet. Well, it's early in the riding season.

As for decent roads for twisties: I haven't done the Harvey Lake Road yet. That's a possibility...

Also, another one of my favorite local rides is to head out US 12 from Canton thru the Irish Hills. It gets sorta twisty with nice scenery along some small lakes. It is also a MUST to stop at the Artesian Well for lunch. It's a big biker hang out next to a HD dealership... Good food:) Much better than the Damn Site Inn in Hell. But Hell is still a must do for the Ninja Skittles Biker gang soon...LOL:p

Carol

TmP
March 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Can't wait for a first group ride LOL
Yeah, I don't have the bike yet. The reason for this is, that I still own a mobile home in NY. And being that everyone is broke, I accept trades on it as well. Therefore I don't want to buy a ninja now, before the trailer is gone.
What if I pick up a bike and then a week later someone trades me a gsxr600 for the trailer ??? LOOL

carajean
March 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hey if anyone see's a yellow R6 and a plasma blue ninja 250r together thats me and my boyfriend.

sugarbear
March 29th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I will be looking for you guys!:thumbup:
Remember the motto: Practice, practice, practice!!!
And look thru your turns.
Most of all: ATGATT!

TmP
March 29th, 2010, 06:26 PM
atgatt?

rage42
March 29th, 2010, 07:18 PM
means wearing All The Gear, All The Time

TmP
March 30th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I pretty much do that.
Only thing I SOMETIMES cut a corner on is wearing jeans instead of my leather...

One question.
What do you guys think are the chances that someone would trade me a 2008+ 250 for a 2001 GSX-F 750?

rage42
March 30th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Don't know the market value of a gsx-f 750...just comes down to dollar for dollar trade, might want to post this to the general forum or something.

TmP
March 30th, 2010, 08:18 AM
KBB 3800 or so.
I'd say around 3k looking at craigslist adds.

Ninjas go for 3k as well, so the value should be right, the question is: Do you guys think Ninja riders would be interested in a cost neutral CC upgrade like that???

TmP
March 30th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Ok, motorsport season is OOOONNNN!!! lol

For us this is probably the summary of the most important events.
- Grattan Track Days (bike)
- Waterford Track Days (I think cars only)
- Detroit SCCA Auto X (d'uh - cars)

http://i43.tinypic.com/c3x1f.jpg

rage42
March 30th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Had no idea there was a track back there in waterford, even though it does looks like cars only...who knows, but thats pretty cool.

Now that your talking about it, it looks like a lotta fun, but still I'd want a track bike, and more gear than I have money for...

TmP
March 30th, 2010, 10:12 AM
AutoX - pretty much free, bring your DD

Track days - costly, but AWESOME!!! Can't wait to beat the SRT4 around that little track in Waterford YEEEEHAAAAW

rage42
March 30th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Now a Jeep Wrangler on a race track would just look silly...;)

TmP
March 30th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hahahaha, ok, if your daily is a 4x4 you're screwed.
Anyways, you get the idea. AutoX is racing for cheap and it's awesome!!!

rage42
March 30th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Now if there were some local offroad trails...that would be fun.

carajean
March 30th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Today was nice peoples got to take the ninja on it maiden voyage to my parent house. It was nice being on the open road but nerve racking at the same time. Gotta get better at shifting but other than that seat time will improve me.

sugarbear
April 1st, 2010, 05:19 PM
Cara - Be careful out there. If you haven't taken the MSF class or have your endorsement, you are taking a BIG chance!

Also, FYI - no set ride for Friday so far. Just doin' my own ride. Maybe hit the Irish Hills for a first run.

Happy Easter Everyone!!
:p

rage42
April 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM
I'm in for tomorrow since I have friday off of work...just have to do some errands in the morning.

I haven't been to Irish hills or Port Huron...I could use a trip to a bike shop that has lots of boots...otherwise I'll just be picking a direction and riding.

sugarbear
April 2nd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Matt,
Have you checked out Motor City Powersports for boot? They are out near where you live I think... There is also a new sports bike apparel shop in Shelby off Mound Road & 26 Mile. Might want to check them out too.

Any one interested in getting together for a ride today, PM me before 11AM. I'm still thinking either the Irish Hills or Port Huron.

L8R

Carol

carajean
April 2nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Yeah I know my boyfriend got on me about it :( I did however put about 200 miles on the bike so far. Right now I'm waiting for him to get outta work so we can figure out why his R6 brake lights are staying on when he isn't even hitting the brakes :confused::eek:. Gonna do some investigating at local stealerships while he is gone. Hoping to find a simply fix so we can ride this evening. Saturday doesn't look good for riding, gonna be scattered storms the weather people say.

Hoping to take the endorsement test sometime next week gonna practice the test on a course sometime the weekend.

ScorpionNinja
April 6th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hello guys, and Galzzz!

Oh ****, what a long winter and March its been!!! :eek:

So, as of April 4th! I got Nate back!

I winterized it like told, etc etc.. BUT

I had problems starting Nate for the first time 2 weeks ago. I had a battery tender on it all winter.

I used Sta-Bil, used as directed. BUT my bike just wouldnt start... until i sat on the bike, grabbed the handgrips with both hands, then vigorisly shaked the bike side to side for like 15 secs!
Then Jumping almost down on the bike, i pushed hard so the front forks compressed down pretty far. I did that for another 20secs.
Then i doubled checked my killswitch set ON, Choke OFF (full), Key turned ON position,etc... pushed the starter button.... VRROOOoom!!! It started, ran for 10secs then bogged out. So i pushed the starter button again, VROOOM Nate started, and he didnt bog out the 2nd time! :D

I let nate run for about 6mins till the idle came up high (3k rpms) then slowly pushed up the choke to keep the bike at 1500 rpm. after about 10-12mins then i was able to fully push up the choke lever, twist the throttle afew times (halfway) up to 4-5k rpm, then let the bike go back to 1300rpm idle... and it didnt bog out and DIE!!!!
(it would if i gave it alittle gas, then let it drop down to idle, it would want to bog out, so id have to pull choke back to about 1/2)

I stored my Nate in my uncles garage, under a heavy duty/breathable motorcycle cover, up on front/rear Pitbull stands!

My chain was nice and wet looking still, my rear/front brake Rotors NO surface rust (like some ppl on these fourms bitch about)

Nate was preserved like a MUMMY!!! :D

I did though, lost alot of PSI from my Tires!!!

Nov. 1st 2009 i winterized my bike.

April 4th when i checked my Tires PSI ...

Front tire 21 PSI (28 psi stock)
Rear tire (around 5 PSI) i could barely get a reading off my gauge! :eek:

I checked for leaks,nails. Nothing i could find. I sprayed down the valve stems,etc with a spray bottle with Soapy water mix. no Bubbles :wtf:

I will keep checking my tire PSI on both tires (before riding, Cold tire temps= correct check) .. over this next week to see if im still losing Tire PSI.

I took off my Spikes b4 covering it for the winter... so they didnt Rip up my cover when putting it on!

Ill put em back on, when i start doing bike nights, so ppl get poked if they get too close! :fencing:

ScorpionNinja
April 6th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I also wanna Welcome ya new guys, Tom & Cara!!!

Tom
-I would love to do 1 track day, i feel im ready, but Money is my issue!
It can be costly. Jeff @ Sportbiketrackgear, was asking me if i would like to join the staff for a track day down in Florida, over this past winter. But i just cant do it.
He told me itll cost about $150/day. or about $300/weekend pass (fri/sat/sun)
that included your cost for Food and a Motel, i think!

Cara
-Gratz on your ninja, but be careful! Yes IMO take the MSF class for your endorsement. :thumbup: Youll learn more from it.

I took my MSF class @ Macomb Community College, back in Oct.08. It only took 3 days/nights! Payed $25.00 at /sign up

Friday night was book studying, as a class we read through it.
Sat morning we rode for 2hrs, then you take a 1.5 hr break, then ride another 2 hrs.
Sun morning we rode for 2hrs, then took a 1.5 hr break, then we did the MSF Course Riding Test. You get scored on afew exercises. After the Riding Test is done, your class goes back into the classroom and the Insructors call off your name and hand you your Perment, if you Passed!
Then you gotta go up to the SoS and take a Written Test (40 questions if i remb) and Pass it, then youll get your Temp Motorcycle Endorsement, in 1 week your New Drivers License w/ motorcycle endorsement on it, will come in the Mail! :thumbup:

So, yeah... about planned rides and such!

I was wondering about us meeting up for May 23rd! (Sunday morning) Blessing of the Bikes, in Hell, Mi. (about 80miles / 1.5 hrs from my house)

Or, i personally was looking at riding (215 miles / 3.5 hrs from my house) out to the real BIG Blessing of the Bikes in Baldwin, Mi. May 23rd!

Its said Baldwin, Mi. has nice roads (no twistys, but nice curves) and scenery. Also about 40,000 bikers come from all over teh USA for it!

My GF would need at least 2x 30min Butt breaks, if she comes along, out to the Baldwin Mi. one! lol

I could make it w/o 1 rest, shell just slow me and us down :D hehe

One weekend trip my GF and i, would like to do is a Thumb trip!

From our house take 23mile until i turns into M-29. take that north along the coast through Port Huron (like we did b4), north more and through Lexington, around there M-29 turns into M-25
(which if followed along the coastline, will take you all the way around Mi. to Traverse City!)
but keep taking M-25 until we end up around Bay City/ Midland Mi. area, then stop at my cousins house for a short visit. then either go home (if doing a Full day ride) or keep going along M-25 if doing the whole weekend!

As for bike nights, Top pick IMO is (2nd week of May - throughout summer till Late Aug.) Bike Night in Royal Oak, Mi. in only a 3 block stretch, there can be up to 2,000++ bikers Everyweek!

RO* is cool, but like any weekly bike night, if you go everyweek, well start to notice its "Mostly" the same crowd, but hey you never know who/what will be there.
I heard Kid Rock has been there on his custom chopper, last year
- Carol we missed out :(
(i think on Wed. though) Wed nights in RO* = Harley/Goldwing type crowd, but still a great bike night if you Love all Motorcycles! :thumbup:
Better yet, if us 250R riders show up on a Harley bike night in RO* we could enjoy dirty looks from all the Haters! :D :cool:

ScorpionNinja
April 6th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Oh, hey!

Has anyone heard about the Monster truck rally at Pontiac silverdome?

I listen to the WRIF 101.1 alot, and ive heard the Original Bigfoot truck will be there!!! :eek: :D:thumbup:

I think Tix are Only $5.00 parking is either Free or $2.00!
Or all is FREE if your Caller 31 on the WRIF!!! :cool:

I know im going, not sure if my GF wants to come.
But this would be a great met and greet!

Matt, Carol, Ron...and you others down?

Im no redneck, but i grew up watching Monster Truck racing on TV, so i gots to go!! :p

* * * PM with your guys CELL PHONE #s * * *
I got a New Cell and lost your numbers! (Ron/Matt/Carol)

so we can plan out "last min. rides", or if your out and about riding around. during a stop/food break you can call me and see if i would like to join up!

-ttyl SN

TmP
April 7th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Hahaha, yeah why not. Monster trucks are cool.
Where do I get tickets?

carajean
April 7th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah I went riding with my BF last weekend when it was nice enough. Def felt better on the bike with being legal to ride with another rider. I think I may just ride with him for a couple more months and see about taking the test then. Just like real school im more of hands on learner. What I learned mostly to just deal with last weekend was WIND!!!!

ScorpionNinja
April 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hahaha, yeah why not. Monster trucks are cool.
Where do I get tickets?

3 ways

online, but i dunno the correct website to buy Tix,

WRIF it giving away Tix to callers,

the Box office in the silverdome!

while listening to the WRIF, i hear Tix prices Start @ $2.00 each!
for nosebleed!

ScorpionNinja
April 7th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Last nite while running up to get some food, i ran into an old friend of mine!

Hes looking to go to the Monster truck show at the silverdome also!

But... he doesnt have a motorcycle.

So my GF and I are going, and my old buddy and maybe 1-2 friends of his.

If the weather is nice for sure we are riding Nate there!

or if its raining bad, we might ride with my old friend!

either way, Im going! :p

TmP
April 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM
You have mail.

ScorpionNinja
April 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Heres the link to get tickets online for Monster Jam @ the pontiac silverdome,

April 17th, 2010!

7pm start time!

http://www.silverdometickets.com/

ScorpionNinja
April 13th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hey, i picked up my tickets to this Sat's Monster Jam at the Pontiac Silverdome!!!

I cant take my bike no matter the weather is Sunny and nice. :mad:

Today i stopped for Gas and no matter what i tried, i couldnt get the Gas Cap/Lock open!!! :mad:

So i rode up to the stealership and had a mechanic look at it, yep he couldnt get it open either! My Key is just fine, NOT BENT or anything!

They ordered me a New gas-cap/lock and itll be in about One Week!!! :eek:

So im grounded off my bike for a week till i get that new part and can fill him up again! :(

www.silverdometickets.com

we will be in Section 114.

PM if you wanna met up!

wrathsgirl
April 13th, 2010, 09:18 PM
My husband and I are planning on going to the Blessing of the Bikes this year in Baldwin. We have other friends we are trying to line up too. My husband will be on his CBR and me on my Ninja. One of our couples friends have a Goldwing and the other couple both ride Harley's. I remember hearing years ago that people show up on pedal bikes too. A bike is a bike as far as everyone's concerned.
Rumor has it that Pop Evil is going to be playing there Saturday, if you like that sort of music. We do...
We are in Northern Michigan (Grayling/Gaylord Area), if anyone is interested in hookin up for a ride.

TmP
April 14th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Hey, i picked up my tickets to this Sat's Monster Jam at the Pontiac Silverdome!!!

I cant take my bike no matter the weather is Sunny and nice. :mad:

Today i stopped for Gas and no matter what i tried, i couldnt get the Gas Cap/Lock open!!! :mad:

So i rode up to the stealership and had a mechanic look at it, yep he couldnt get it open either! My Key is just fine, NOT BENT or anything!

They ordered me a New gas-cap/lock and itll be in about One Week!!! :eek:

So im grounded off my bike for a week till i get that new part and can fill him up again! :(

www.silverdometickets.com

we will be in Section 114.

PM if you wanna met up!

Solution (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-2009-08-KAWASAKI-GAS-FUEL-CAP-NINJA-250-250R-EX250_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439e64abd6QQitemZ290420206550QQptZMotorcyclesQ5 fPartsQ5fAccessories)

rage42
April 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Bum deal on the gas cap, just flip yer bike upside down, pop a hose and fill 'er up! At least it happened before your warranty was up. Which is soon for both of us, are you extending your warranty?

rage42
April 19th, 2010, 08:15 AM
weather have been a total pita latley...a couple 80 degree days this month, and then down to the 40's and low 50's for the rest...i need to move south for a longer riding season.

TmP
April 19th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I agree,
Not just riding... your whole life is in hold for 6 months of the year. Sucks

ScorpionNinja
April 19th, 2010, 02:29 PM
matt
-i have a extended warranty +4 yrs after the kawi 1 yr is up. Its the dealership warranty, i told them to give me the 4 yr GTPP kawi one, but i got screwed into theirs. I signed and looked over it, i was thinking it was the GTPP one. Until afew weeks ago i got the GTPP form in the mail from kawi. telling me my manufactures 1yr warranty runs out this coming Aug. 2010!

$528.00 for 4yrs w/ GTPP! No im not getting it, after i go into dealership to see if i can get back my money from their warranty i thought was GTPP kawi's.

Im still waiting on the other dealership to call me when my Gas cap comes in.
Should be tomorrow Tues-Wed.

Man im soo bummed i cant ride it... i hate this state, as far as Weather goes! AZ. would be hot, but sooo much better :)

Anyhow, ya all make a Note: Dont Buy from K&W Cycles, Shelby twp.

My next bike WONT be bought from them!

TmP
April 20th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I'm looking at 250s right now. Should have one by the end of the week :-)

Question: Is it normal that the exhaust noise is kinda "pingy" at idle?
I looked at only one so far, and it looked AWESOME, like out of the factory, but at idle you could hear weird sounding pings / pops out the exhaust. Never heard anything like that on any of my other bikes before :-?

sugarbear
April 21st, 2010, 06:57 AM
I'm not mechanically inclined, but maybe it has something to do with the 250 having carbs instead of being fuel injected?
If you try posting this in "General MC Discussion" thread or the "New Gen Ninja" threads and maybe kkim can help you out...

P.S. What year Ninja are you looking at?

TmP
April 21st, 2010, 07:13 AM
8910 of course :-)

ScorpionNinja
April 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Tom,

That ping i think is normal, was it a stock exhaust on that 250R you looked at? Im not quite sure really what sound you mean, unless i was there with you, heh!

anyhow, when you talk to a salesman, make sure you Tell him your NOT paying for Freight costs, assembly fee! that was around $500 extra i paid! :mad:

Bargain with them! As i was told that they arent Req'd to charge you those Fees. One of those things that if the customer doesnt ask, they wont tell you can negate those Fees!

And if the salesman argues, just turn around and start walking and say " Fine, im going (to the other Dealership)".

Hopefully they'll be tugging your arm back, desprite for a Sale! lol

TmP
April 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
i deal with private parties only.

TmP
April 24th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Igotzbike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sugarbear
April 24th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Congrats!!!:D

Do tell....

And pics are required (Otherwise it never happened.lol):heh:

TmP
April 24th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Blue, like new, 100% stock, 1000 miles on it.
3500$

Pics to come.

Will order parts soon :D

TmP
April 24th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I'm going to the SOS now, I need my plate :)

sugarbear
April 24th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Another blue one! :grouphug:
What year?
Matt and I both have blue ones. They are the fastest ya know. lol
What mods are you planning?

TmP
April 24th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Like my profile says :p 09
****** tire year :(

Mods?
All of them :D

ScorpionNinja
April 24th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Gratz! TmP

Man... i called the dealer the other day about IF my damn fuel filler cap is in yet, NOPE!

After i talked to the guy and told him about my story, it supposed to have been 1 week, he told me "Well call ya when it comes in" :mad::mad:

So i wonder if spiders and webs cover my bike now, as its been sitting for 1.5 weeks in the dark! :eek:

I would like to pull it out and wash it, clean & lube,adjust the chain etc, but its too ****** out today!

After reading more info on Oils and stuff, when im able to ride my bike again, im going up to Magic Racing in shelby twp, and pick up Amsoil 10w-40 motorcycle oil (synthetic) and Maxima Chain Wax (gold can), and other stuff.

Ididnt like the way my bike idled or sounded the week i rode it home after i woke Nate up from his winter slummber! Bad vibes from the Rotella i used last year! Talking to some sources, for my peice of mind, im not using Rotella again!

anyhow, carol ill call ya when im back in action and we can go ride and hang somewhere.

later!

TmP
April 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
So, what are the good roads in the area?

I like some twisty stuff between all the little lakes west of 75 and south of 59.
What else?

TmP
April 24th, 2010, 12:18 PM
First set of parts is ordered.

-Blue double bubble wind shield
-Swing arm sliders / spools
-Spool stand
-Solo cowl
-Joe rocket tank bag

Yay
Exhaust and jet kit next :D

Oh, and here's a pic of her chilling with the other toys.
Cute little baby ninja LoL
http://i40.tinypic.com/6tjjuc.jpg

ScorpionNinja
April 24th, 2010, 05:11 PM
TmP,

Oh no... not another BLUE ONE!!! :p :eek:

Dont go Mod crazy, meaning no matter the exhaust/jet/etc you put on it, your Not gonna have HP like a ZX-6R, its a lil 250R!

Unless ya got lots of money to blow on your bike, then go for it!

Only buy things that help the bike ride easier, etc!

ex: If you ride alot at night time, youll notice that a HID kit for the headlights, will be a nice upgrade.

Same for Seat! If your only a under 1hour rider, then nvm. But if your going to ride 2 hours and More, at a time b4 breaks... then a Corbin seat or a seat mod/ge pad WILL BE NEEDED! :D

Double bubble windscreen helps alil with wind at high & low speeds, also really Adds to the bikes Looks.

If you do alot of highway riding AND during the Early/Late season riding, i think you should Also pick up a Touring windscreen. Switch it out during the colder parts of the season here in the D! I have a ZG DB in lightsmoke, i got a factory 2nd at half the price a 'new' one! I will buy a ZG touring screen later this year to help with the cooler weather. :thumbup:

Next, ya if the Skittles Unit forms together this year...
(PLEASE lets do so many times this year guys)
Youll want to have cosmo mods to help ya stand out in the parking lot, SB or rage will be pissed if ya jump on their bikes :eek: :D :p

as far as Tires go, my 2009 IRC's are fine, i havent had anyproblems with them during hard leans,etc, as far as normal roads/highways go, AND while riding 2UP!!

(cant say ive been on the track, id love too... theres afew track days coming up and cost is like $150/day)

http://www.bmwmcsem.com/event_calendar.asp

I dont know of anyother trackday events other then above.

sugarbear
April 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Hey, Dave.

You have some A+++ pointers for the new BLUE Ninja man. (Did I mention it's BLUE???? LOL)
Yeah, I'm ready to roll any time. Call me soon. Itchin' to get out for a ride!! We can do a short run anytime.
Just got the BMW back today. That's another story...:eek:
Anyway, I have a friend who rides a Hayabusa that may be interested in riding with us sometime!!! Sweet bike. We rode for awhile today after I picked up the beemer.
There are a few activities coming up. The blessing in Hell would be way fun:)
Let's get organized!!!
ScorpionNinja guy is da Boss:)

TmP
April 24th, 2010, 07:17 PM
When is the blessing in hell?
I have to check that area out anyways!

As far as mods go: I know the 250 is slow as faaaawk. :D
That's why I picked it up in the first place.
But loud pipes save lives and It doesn't hurt to richen up the bike a bit.
This thing is ridiculously lean...

Track days -> Grattan. Can't wait :D

//edit:
Ordered a race gas cap.
I don't like fuggin around with the key...

sugarbear
April 25th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I think the blessing in Hell is on May 24th?
It will be mostly a Harley Fest, but it's a pretty big event and more sportbikes are showing up in Hell now. :D
Something about being blessed in Hell certainly intrigues me :devil:
So where's Rage and DarkStar? Not hearing from you guys....

TmP
April 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Sweet. That'd be a great meet for all local 250s !!!

OMG, the mod list is getting longer and longer.
For me this is the first bike I've owned with awesome aftermarket support!
If everything goes to plan, my little ninja should be pretty sweet in time for the blessing :D

What I still need: Nojima full system, Dynojet kit, ignition tuner, K&N filter, clip ons, Pazzos, rear sets and frame sliders. I think that's all.
No wait! Led tail and HIDs.
Can't wait :D

ScorpionNinja
April 26th, 2010, 07:44 AM
tmp, A.D.D.!!!

Slow down on mods, unless you really have a huge budget!
Dont be one of those ppl, charging on your credit card, more then you will be able to pay so Obama bails you out, hurting the rest of us Honest taxpayers! :p

I just wanted to say i forgot a simple item, yet effective thing...
The flickering taillight Will help warn ppl behind you at stop lights and such. All ways check your 6, never know when you need to move from those cellphone,texting,asshole drivers these days man!

instead rushing for the LED taillight/turn signal crazy like everyone else.

(some of those LEDs i really question the visibility and saftey of them vs the Well seen, Stock blinkers)

A taillight modulator!

its plug and play, costed like $31.00 shipped to my door.

I used paypal, and b4 i ordered it, i emailed the guy back n forth... i was happy with doing business with him.

http://www.nocutmodulators.com/

ScorpionNinja
April 26th, 2010, 07:53 AM
no its May 23rd (Sunday) Hells blessing of bikes!

Still no gas cap!

Carol (and others) I would really like to plan a ride on a Sat or Sun morning , sometime May - 9th (sun), 15/16, 22 (Sat) out to those Irish Hills!!!

ive never been out there. i hear its pretty scenary and such, not many twisties, but more curves?

carajean
April 26th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Hey guys long time no talk. I still have my ninja just now im lookin to possible get a 20005-2006 blue ninja zx6r. No I havent found one but thats the one I want. The 250 is ok, but im growing out of it in less than a month.

ScorpionNinja
April 26th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Hey guys long time no talk. I still have my ninja just now im lookin to possible get a 20005-2006 blue ninja zx6r. No I havent found one but thats the one I want. The 250 is ok, but im growing out of it in less than a month.

Oh i hear ya on that jean!

Im still making payments on my 250. I really would like a more powerful bike, ZX-6R would be nice, but for my next bike i think ill get a Cruiser type. As ill keep the 250 for street short rides or for fun events, i want a comfy bike to be able to cruise up to traverse city w/o any butt breaks!
That and so my passenger has more room too!

Unless i win the lotto, then ill buy like 5 bikes, 1 for each mood of riding im in or distance! :D

Next years blessing I will be going to the Baldwin, Mi. one!!! Hell is lots closer to ride out to, for my GFs butt's sake and i know carol likes to go to it, due to it being closer. I dunno if carol would ride her 250 out to Baldwin, Mi. its about 215-220miles One Way! :D

I myself would need 1 30min break, if I rode to baldwin mi. Unless i have a Corbin seat or modded gel seat.

carajean
April 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah me and the BF are slated to go to this years blessing of the bikes.

TmP
April 26th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Don't worry. Got cash.

Ordered:
-Race exhaust
-Race Air Filter
-Race Ignition
-Jet Kit
-Clip ons

I'm kind of a form follows function guy :D
Still have the original rear mud flap :p

sugarbear
April 26th, 2010, 10:13 AM
OK, we're gonna have to make some solid plans to do a meet n greet and/or a ride soon. My riding calendar is starting to fill up!
I'm thinking we nominate ScorpionNinja Dave as prez, aka Social Director for the Detroit Metro Ninja Skittles Tactical Unit. lol :thumbup:
Anyway: this Sunday is the All Clubs Ride. I'm trying to get more info as to when and where, but it has been in Stockbridge in the past.
The following weekend, the Irish Hills ride might be a good option...
Of course the Blessing in Hell looks good for May 23rd too. I would ride the Ninja there, no problem. (If'n we were going to Baldwin you know I'd be on the BMW for sure. :p)

TmP
April 26th, 2010, 10:23 AM
MI Baby Ninjas MCC LOOOOL

With a logo showing a Ninja with a sword and a pacifier :D

TmP
April 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Oh, btw. Where can I dyno my bike around here?

ScorpionNinja
April 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM
OK, we're gonna have to make some solid plans to do a meet n greet and/or a ride soon. My riding calendar is starting to fill up!
I'm thinking we nominate ScorpionNinja Dave as prez, aka Social Director for the Detroit Metro Ninja Skittles Tactical Unit. lol :thumbup:
Anyway: this Sunday is the All Clubs Ride. I'm trying to get more info as to when and where, but it has been in Stockbridge in the past.
The following weekend, the Irish Hills ride might be a good option...
Of course the Blessing in Hell looks good for May 23rd too. I would ride the Ninja there, no problem. (If'n we were going to Baldwin you know I'd be on the BMW for sure. :p)

Im still waiting for Matt, Ron, and afew others to reply to my PMs for cell numbers!

The verizon dude was a tool and didnt xfer my numbers from my old phone. My old phones memory was wiped. I dunno if that verizon tool did it on purpose but DONT go to the Verizon store in RO* :mad:

Yea the ONLY planned 2 Rides so far, for me are: May 8th, and May 23rd (Hell blessing) other than those my season is open!

July weekends i have family events and ppls weddings to attend. So Im not sure how many Ninja rides ill be able to join ya guys on in July. Rage42 will be gone for the last 2 weeks if i remb, on his father/son road trip! :thumbup:
I wish i could go also, or if my dad had a motorcycle to do that.

BTW, Anyone know of any real good Sign shops, or Vehicle Graphix places around here?

I visited -
Michigan Sign Center (groesbeck/hall)

Fine Lines (hall rd, clinton twp)
(they do more of vehicle wrap type stuff)

www.finelinesgraphics.com

JDcustoms (26mile/mound)

... so far and ive yet to really find designs im looking for. Most places req' you to bring a Flash Drive with your images loaded on it, to have them see if they can make your decals outta them. (they have to be a certain format, like vectorfile,jpeg)
Of all the images ive used Bing.com to look at, most of the stuff you find online are TOO SMALL for a shop to be able to use to make into a Decal!!! :mad:

Ive been going crazy these 2 weeks, while im waiting to get that part so i can ride my bike, trying to find a very great graphics shop that can truly make what i want at a fair price!

Ive bought a small 8"x8" reflective vinyl sheet from MSC, and used a Xacto to cut out some lettering, but it came out like **** despite my artistic talent, You really need a graphics machine to die-cut the decal!!! :mad:

Ive looked at "Vinyl Decals", etc under Ebay, but nutin really good i like. Ive even emailed some of the Ebay sellers if they can make me this or that into a Reflective Decal. Still no luck!!!

sugarbear
April 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hey, Tom.

TT Ducati Motorcycles on Groesbeck has a dyno.

TmP
April 26th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Any other dynos in the area?
I'd like to shop around a little.

rage42
April 26th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I'm around! Gotta catch up on some messages though...

I just paid $400 for the 4 years of GTPP, I figured it's a good investment since I'm a computer geek, not an engine geek, one breakdown and it could pay for itself.

I'm still using Rotella, and haven't had a problem. The bike started right up. I did start it twice during the winter, and let it warm up...also left it on a battery tender. Kept it in the back of my unheated garage. No issues. I did a fresh oil change before winter, and after.

Roads south of 59, west of i75...I wouldn't call those twisty...a turn here and there, but thats it...There aren't many good roads, m59, to harvy lake road, and up toward holly is a fun drive, there's a small 2 mile stretch that has some fun turns...but thats about all I've found.

Yay, another blue one...I have to put pics up of my mods, not many mods, and nothing engine-wise...

The Corbin seat is a good upgrade, but you still need breaks, every hour or so...but...(heh butt), umm, but, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad, you can go longer, the numbness doesn't accumulate like it does with the stock seat. It's worth the money.

The mods i've installed this seasons: ZG Sport Touring Windscreen, Mirror Extenders, Corbin Seat, Buell XB Frontpegs (1-inch drop and back for big legs), Pitbull Rear Swingarm Spools, Rear Fender Chop, Progrip Tank Protector, GPS Wiring (but setting up my GPS itself for the ninja isn't going so well)

TmP
April 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I found a few that are fun. Like I said, nothing special though, it's still Michigan LOOOL

The ride from White lake to Lakeview (north east) is cool too.
Hell seems to be nice. That's about it.
The Chrysler headquarters off 75 have a couple of twists and the big beaver clover leaf is knee drag worthy.

rage42
April 26th, 2010, 01:05 PM

What does growing out of it mean? I'm 6', 200lbs, and this thing just flings me through public street traffic...The frame is a tad small, changing out the front pegs has helped, but that would be the only reason I have for upgrading. It takes me only 3 extra seconds to hit 60 mph from a 600/1000cc bike...and thats on those rare occasions that I have a clear road ahead of me.

Awesome gas mileage, light, flickable, pretty cheap and easy to maintain.

I want a bigger bike just for the sake of having a big fast bike, but other than looking big and pretty, loud... I wouldn't be able to use a 600/1000 to its peek without hitting a track...and do 1000's even shift out of first gear on public roads? heh.

I understand, but it's not worth the money for me...

rage42
April 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Dave, Carol, Pm'd you both my cell number. Hoping for some good weather, just let me know when your out riding. I don't mind riding down to your area to meet up.

rage42
April 26th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I found a few that are fun. Like I said, nothing special though, it's still Michigan LOOOL

The ride from White lake to Lakeview (north east) is cool too.
Hell seems to be nice. That's about it.
The Chrysler headquarters off 75 have a couple of twists and the big beaver clover leaf is knee drag worthy.

Check out this site...http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/mi_detroit.html

ScorpionNinja
April 26th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Dave, Carol, Pm'd you both my cell number. Hoping for some good weather, just let me know when your out riding. I don't mind riding down to your area to meet up.

Oh i sure will, once Im able to ride again!

Next time we cruise Harvey Lake and stop at that DQ, im NOT getting a Large shake this time.... too filling last time! lol:D

rage42
April 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Ya, next time we'll keep going and hit the steakhouse in Fenton for some Poterhouses...:)

carajean
April 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM
What does growing out of it mean? I'm 6', 200lbs, and this thing just flings me through public street traffic...The frame is a tad small, changing out the front pegs has helped, but that would be the only reason I have for upgrading. It takes me only 3 extra seconds to hit 60 mph from a 600/1000cc bike...and thats on those rare occasions that I have a clear road ahead of me.

Awesome gas mileage, light, flickable, pretty cheap and easy to maintain.

I want a bigger bike just for the sake of having a big fast bike, but other than looking big and pretty, loud... I wouldn't be able to use a 600/1000 to its peek without hitting a track...and do 1000's even shift out of first gear on public roads? heh.

I understand, but it's not worth the money for me...

I want a bigger faster bike already. This thing actually prolly tops out at 85mph since the speedo is off. I wonder just how much is it off by?? Im not into using all the power I just want a bit of the power, and not to have to shift so much.

TmP
April 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Rode the bike the first time during the day today.
Perfect score on the endorsement test thing.
What a joke... 5mph in a parking lot LOOOL.

Anyways, I'm ready, hit me up :D

TmP
April 27th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Rode her to work this morning.
Couple of things I noticed:

A) This is the first bike I won't gear shorter...
B) I should put a Superman logo on my headlights, that's how bad they are aligned right now.
C) Fugg it's cold...
D) Unused RCi sholders are kinda slick
E) Our speedos are a bit optimistic ey? On the portion I rode on 75 I had to do 95 to keep up with traffic. WTH? I was doing 80 at the most. Anyone know a fix for this???
F) I need to get more seat time. Can't wait :D

rage42
April 27th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Crazy, I work a mile from my house, and it's too cold this morning for that drive. Usually not worth putting on my gear to go for a 1 mile ride either. Yes, the speedo's are said to be 10% off...I usually aim for 6 over to hit the speed limit, according to road side radar guns...

you get to work before 6:30? that's gotta be hella cold.

TmP
April 27th, 2010, 05:57 AM
It was fuggin freezing today.
I left my house at around 4:50...

The speedo has to be off by way more than that.
When my tank bag arrives, I'll check it with my gps.

sugarbear
April 27th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Yes, it was cold this morning on the ride to work!!! 38 degrees. Definitely needed the BMW w/heated hand grips.

I think Matt is right about the 10% discrepancy on the speedo's. Doesn't matter. I still find my 2 fiddy to be the most fun I've had on 2 wheels. It's a fun bike, very nimble, and quite forgiving when I do stooopppiddd stuff:o

So, the All Clubs Ride is on Sunday at the town square in Stockbridge. It starts in the morning, and people come and go throughout the afternoon. It's a nice event, all kinds of eye candy, errrr bikes. lol. I'm thinking about going. If I do, will probably ride the BMW as the Ninja is slightly over-due for a service visit.

And seriously, we need a green 250 to join us soon :) Any takers? I'm working on Betty... She likes the 250. I offered to let her ride mine when her brother comes up from Florida this week. Then she will really want one.:D

rage42
April 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I want a bigger faster bike already. This thing actually prolly tops out at 85mph since the speedo is off. I wonder just how much is it off by?? Im not into using all the power I just want a bit of the power, and not to have to shift so much.

But shiftings fun! well, I end up skipping gears 4 and 5 a lot, just going to 6 for cruising since I tend to redline 1-3. It's supposed to top out around 95 mph, but 85 is 15 over the top speed limit in these parts as it is. I don't like tickets that big, but more power to ya. Track ridings a different story. :)

TmP
April 27th, 2010, 03:01 PM
MI doesn't have the roads to put the 250s power down... what do you need a faster bike for? I never thought I would say something like this, but it's true!!!
I would never even touch a bike like this in Europe, because I would DIE of boredom on all the mountain passes. But here??? 250 is just fine.
I've gone from a 750 to a 650 to the 250 HAHAHA
And I agree, the 250 rocks your socks. Spent the first real day of riding on it today.
The way this thing turns is down right AWESOME!!!

I'm still gonna put any available mod on it LOL, why not.

So far I have found a couple of neat roads all over the area.
Checked out the area north of 59 around Milford Rd. Some neat spots here and there. Like it.

This summer is gonna be awesome :D :D :D

ScorpionNinja
April 27th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Tom,

have ya taken off from a green light from a stop, through all the gears 10k RPM-12k RPM yet? :D :thumbup:

If you have only been taking it easy, 6k-7k RPM/ish, thinking this 250 is very slow... the 250 once 9k RPM+ is a Night and Day difference and will change your mind and doubts about it! :D

True its nothing like a ZX-6R, CBR, R1, but last summer after hanging out with carol in RO. On the way home i got stopped at a light and a Nice 98-99 Z28 (LT-1) rolls up next to me and starts to creep forward atad, revvin his V8! :D
Now i dunno if he knew i was on a lil 250R or a 600, but when the light turned Green. I took off and had my front tire off the ground 2 inches or so, shocked the hell outta me, as i banged each gear hard... i could here that Z28 putting his foot to the floor, once i hit 3rd gear I started to pass him, then once i was in 5th gear I had about a 2 1/2 car lead. At 6th gear i was doing 80, then rolled off the throttle as i was about 3 cars ahead of him. Next light he said sumin to me, couldnt tell what, then he took off hard again. I rev'd up to only 6k and took off nice and easy letting him continue on so a Cop can nab him for doing 80+ in a 50 mph zone! :thumbup:

I wasnt going to press my luck a 2nd time and get a ticket or worse!

As the case was 10 yrs ago when my buddy let me drive his 2000 WS6 TA. We cruised around for a bit, then once got on Hall rd. we got stuck at a light next to a Nice 98-00 Yellow Vette! I raced him at each light. We both were having fun with the vette till a cop got behind us, but we werent the more eye catching color "Yellow". The cop popped the vette, while we got lucky and i did the speed limit the rest of the way home. Till we stopped to get some food, after i pulled out back onto the road, we got pulled over for his Windows being tinted too dark. Dunno if it was the same cop or not, but damn.. Karma happened fast! :o

His WS6 was = that (stock i think) Vette!!! :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
April 27th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Oh, last fall during my way home at night on I-94. I was chilling in the fast lane, traffic was low, i noticed a vehicle coming up on me pretty fast.

I spead up, as i couldnt get over right due to 2 cars right next to me and closely spaced together. So Now Im doing "100MPH", and just as im ready to flick the right blinker and look over my right shoulder, to get over. This TOOL Squeezes behind me and between the cars in the middle lane, then FLYS past me... then cuts over to the fast lane in front of me! He/she mustve been doing about 120 MPH!!!

It was a ****ing Silver Mini-Van!!! :lmao:

I kinda felt dumb for a mini-van passing me, let alone i felt Helpless as im MAXED OUT in speed, trying to get ahead more then over... and this Idiot was closing so fast!

After that happened I thought, "If only i was on a ZX-6R, i couldve speed up Fast, and gotten over to let the Tool FLY by in the fast lane, as i slow back down to 75".

Moments like that i wish i had 65HP or more!!!

**Last year i rode that BMW GS650, it had 53 HP, sticker in the showroom said so, and Man that thing had Waaaay MORE power then our lil 28-30HP 250R! 20HP dont sound like much of a difference, but WOW it really is**

TmP
April 28th, 2010, 03:38 AM
First oil change yesterday.
Took me 35 minutes including warming up the bike and idling it twice to determine the fill level :D
I hate those filter inserts... such a mess.

Mobil1 10w40 racing 4t

Should do, right?

Btw, today was COOOOOOLD again.

sugarbear
April 28th, 2010, 06:48 AM
That's a great story about beating out the Z28, Dave. LOL. You showed great restraint in not smacking him down the second time!
My philosophy is that I don't necessarily have to be fast, just look that way:cool:
That's what I like about the new 250's. Most people think it's a 600cc or bigger. And you can rev the crap outta her and she just begs for more:thumbup:
Once you get past 8k on the tach those bikes come to life. Yeah, I'd like to have a bigger Ninja someday - but do I need one? Nahhhh.
Apparently we have another rainy weekend coming up:( Will have to wait and see about the Stockbridge thing.

rage42
April 28th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Friday is looking good though, who wants to do an evening meetup?

TmP
April 28th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Friday works for me!

Let's meet at the White Lake Inn :D
From there we can go NW to do the milford twisies and then go east from there and do all the twisties till we hit rochester rd hit that up north a bit and then back.
That route both ways is about 100 miles I think.
Lots of fun roads!!!

rage42
April 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Getting on Harvey off m59, then riding it to milford rd and on up to holly is a better ride...more so when all the trees grow back, you can push 55 mph, and the trees make you look like your doing 80. They tend to cover the road, and the sky above you.

TmP
April 28th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm open for everything. I'm just suggesting stuff I know :D
But I agree, Harvey north is a decent road.

So, what are we going to do?

//edit: First mod is on the bike!!!
Wohooo, slider spools for the swing arm.
Hours of hard work, but it was worth it :p

rage42
April 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM
So far it's just us...We can still go out, as long as you don't expect a race. You were in white lake right? Hell it's nice today too...

TmP
April 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Not sure if I'll have time today.
PM me your cell :D

I love my new license, I intend to keep it :p

sugarbear
April 29th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Hey, guys.

I'm not sure if I can do Friday or not. The Ninjette is in for service and should be ready today, tomorrow at the latest.
Would love to meet up with ya, but by the time I get off work and head up to Holly, it would be kinda late. Don't want to hold you guys up. :o
So anytime ya wanna do a weekend ride, I'm in!:thumbup:
Oh yeah, looking at a possible May 8th ride to the Irish Hills. There is an open house at BMW of Southeast MI in Canton that day. Then if the weather co-operates, hit US 12 and head out to 127.
What do you think?

rage42
April 29th, 2010, 08:45 AM
no worries about a ride today.

Hopefully its just regular maintenance Carol. :)

Lets try for May 8th

TmP
April 29th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Rage, I got your cell.
I'll see what's going on today.
If I have time, I'll just give you a call.
You're basically my next door neighbor anyway :D

sugarbear
April 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah, just regular service stuff on the Ninja. I got the 3 year pre-paid maintenance plan. Works out to be a good deal if you average it out.

We'll put May 8th down for the BMW Canton open house and Irish Hills ride. See who else wants to join in.:)

rage42
April 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
My mistake, I have something going on May 8th. Might ride the bike to Lansing though. :)

TmP
April 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Rode the 2fizzle in the drizzle... sucks.

rage42
April 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
what a freak storm, was watching the weather too...my bike got rained on, but it was passing by the time i got out of work.

TmP
April 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Mod #2: race gas cap on the bike.
No more key crap!!!

Might solve the hissing too, we'll see :D

rage42
April 30th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I'm off of work at 5...I'm ok with heading south, rather than north if you are tmp...maybe hook up with Carol for a ride. Might not be many twisties, but some scenic stuff hidden down there.

I could use a stop at Microcenter for a couple geek things, quick stop...I75/14 mile...but I'm up for anything.

TmP
April 30th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Looks like I got no time this weekend.
Gotta go find a car.
Sold all of mine that I had on the road. Got an offer I couldn't turn down. Now all I have is a plated 250 and my toys... not good.

Mod number 3 is on the bike!
Blue double bubble puig screen. Nice!

Oh and my swing stand came in the mail. Yay!

ScorpionNinja
May 1st, 2010, 11:22 AM
ON THE ROAD AGAIN.....Mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm Mmmm ON THE ROAD AGAIN.... (dunno the other lyrics) :D

Got my gas cap lock yesterday, FINALLY!!! :thumbup:

Filled it up and got home to clean it up and adjust and lube my chain, looked afew things over! :D

Only bad thing is, i now have 2 keys for my bike.

One for ignition/cowl lock and 1 new one for the gas cap only. not much of a big deal, but having 2 big keys now takes up alil more room in my jacket pocket :D

Anyhow, weather is kinda If-y, today, but carol, me... maybe matt are gonna met up for a short ride/hang out! Afew small chances of rain, but midday it show be ok, T-storms coming tonite and SUN will be ****** all day.

If you wanna come along, PM or call my cell.

-SN out!!!

TmP
May 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
SSR race cap. No key :D

No time this weekend, need to find a damn car :(

ScorpionNinja
May 1st, 2010, 11:41 AM
SSR race cap. No key :D

No time this weekend, need to find a damn car :(

yea I saw one of those on ebay for $49.95 + S&H!

but Im not having ppl steal my gas, ill just steal gas from yours now!!! :thumbup: :decision:

ScorpionNinja
May 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Weather out here is looking pretty damn nice. Dawn and I will be heading out soon over to hang with Carol, still waiting for her to call me once shes ready to go!

ScorpionNinja
May 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
I think we should stop at a DQ at some point!!! :D

Dawn mentioned that she wants too, got me craving DQ too now!!! :thumbup:

We gonna get ready.

I dunno where to ride too, start phone calls guys!

ScorpionNinja
May 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Matt, Carol... today was Fun! :thumbup:

We need more social rides this year, then last! :D

Once i get my bike back to 100%, hopefully by May 8th (wink) for a nice long ALL DAY ride/hang out!!!

Like always, just give me a call and see if Im able to met up with yaz anytime, instead of always having to Plan stuff out!

M-F anytime AFTER 3pm, Sat-Sun anytime AFTER 10am!

-ttyl

TmP
May 2nd, 2010, 06:46 AM
I'm available almost all the time during the week.
I get out of work usually around 3 and arrive home at around 4.
BUT my ride home is usually kinda fun, because I take twisty detours.
So if anyone wants to meet me, either white lake or troy would work :D

sugarbear
May 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM
It was great to get together with the other 250's on Saturday! :D
Even tho it was a short ride, just hanging out with you all was fun. Yeah, let's do it again soon.:thumbup:

TmP
May 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Found a car!!!
Should be available for rides now.
Let's plan the next one ahead a little bit.
What do you guys think about during the week?
Seems like next week should be NICE.
Maybe we can ride and hang like Wednesday afternoon or so?

Just an idea :D

TmP
May 3rd, 2010, 04:36 AM
Rode the bike in a freakin monsoon yesterday and in dense fog this morning.
Lots of fun.

Just an FYI: Stay away from White Lake Rd during / after heavy rain.
The damn thing floods!!! No fun :/

sugarbear
May 3rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Got caught in the rain on the Ninja yesterday too. Looked like it was going to rain all day, but nothing. So early evening I ventured up to New Baltimore on the Ninja. Got drenched on the way home. At least it wasn't a cold rain!

Maybe we should do a ride up to Matt's area next time. (I think Tom is near there too.) Matt - let us know when and where!

Oh, yeah. Stop by on the thread in Off-Topic to wish a Happy B-Day to ScorpionNinja today, and Happy B-Day to his gf Dawn tomorrow!:party:

DarkStar
May 3rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'm going to check back on Friday.... see what you guys are planning. The 8th I have a bike demo to attend so if your start time is late I may be able to go but it looks like some crap weather. ( I only trust 3-day future and thats pushing it...but will see. ) Sure is nice seeing more and more activity on this thread.

Scorp - I sent my cell to ya.

rage42
May 3rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
I got wet going home after DQ, but only 1 short down pour. Took it out yesterday, got drizzled on, but I wanted to ride.

I'm not around on the 8th, but you could all meet up. Weather doesn't look good right now though. We could do the 15th for the Waterford/north west Oakland County ride. I could meet you guys at a gas station or something on M59, before Pontiac so you don't get lost. Then we can take the scenic route west-ish...

We can either do slow scenic stuff, or faster, twistier stuff. Or both. Skim across southern Waterford, in to walled lake, and up to Holly or something. There are a lot of Lakes and trees over here.

ScorpionNinja
May 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
Can i getta 'WOOP-WOOP'??? :D

Yeah today is my Bday, thank you guys! :cool:

So today was a short day, like most Mondays this season at work now. Im pretty sure I can Dial in Mondays as im off 12noon!!! :thumbup:
So if ppl wanna met up on Monday afternoons, afterwork, or if You have Mondays Off... looks good!

Well i just got back from the dealer.

I rode up to there today, tires still loosing air,etc.

Went in and talked to the service manager, they looked at my rear tire and contacted my Wheel & Tire warranty company and...

W&T OK'd the Rear tire!!! :thumbup: :D

dealer called me and said he ordered the rear tire and it will Replaced and Completed sometime this WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON! (May 5th) :eek:

SWEET!!! So that means Ill be able to make it to this Sat's (May 8th) BMW Open house to test ride a bunch of BMWs!!! :D

Then after we can do the Irish hills ride, if all works out with the weather and crap!! :thumbup:

Sunday this weekend dawn and I are gonna spend the day together, so dont count us in for any Riding that day if yall are gonna ride together.

Hey as for that coming Track day (BMW site-link) $150, Im game as long as you Pay for my Track day! :p hehe

-ttyl ,SN :devil:

TmP
May 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
This weekend isn't going to be all that great I think.
I have band practice tomorrow, but no plans for Wednesday.
Let me know.

Milford, middle, white lake, holly. Good stuff :D

sugarbear
May 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Looks like this Saturday @ BMW SEM in Canton is a go. Rain or shine, they will definitely have the open house ;)
Betty and her brother Dale are going too. Maybe my friend with the 'busa. Dave and Dawn, possibly Ron and the new guy Tom... I'm thinking the eastsiders can all meet at my house.
If the weather is good, we can leave the dealership and ride US 12 out thru the Irish Hills. Stop at the Artesian Well at US 127 to check out the other "bikers"!:thumbup:
The next weekend looks like Matt has a plan:eek: lol
I can't do the ride on the 15th. :((Heading over to Lansing for a reunion.)

TmP
May 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
BMW open house isn't for me...

Had a blast today! Rode with my buddy for around 100 miles.
Did the lake twisties, rocked the beaver and went to Holly.
Good times. My pal rides a sportster. I've never seen anyone ride a harley like him though...
He scrapes everything on that bike LOL His mufflers are almost ground through :D
He was mighty impressed with the 250. On the straights he could have raped me of course, but in the corners I smoked him good :D
Especially on the mighty beaver.

Awesome !

sugarbear
May 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
whatevah... No need to disrespect.
different strokes for different folks...:wave:
enjoy the ride :)

TmP
May 4th, 2010, 04:35 PM
HUH? Disrespect?
I just don't feel bmws, that's all.
I grew up over there, they were everywhere and up until recently they were all ugly as sin... :p

ScorpionNinja
May 4th, 2010, 06:32 PM
HUH? Disrespect?
I just don't feel bmws, that's all.
I grew up over there, they were everywhere and up until recently they were all ugly as sin... :p

None taken!

Im an avid motorcycle lover! i like all makes and models, for the most part.

I went to the last BMW open house in Oct.09' and had fun.
Too bad none of these other dealerships, offer an event like BMW in canton.
I mean, **** why cant one of the kawasaki,honda,yamaha dealers do a Demo ride thing? :mad:
I sure would love to demo a new 09,10 ZX6R!!!

So i tip my hat to BMW in Canton for doing those open houses.

As Macomb powersports,etc DONT do them! :mad:

TmP
May 5th, 2010, 03:32 AM
In Austria they had bike days at the fairgrounds.
All the manufacturers showed their new bikes and you could take them for a spin.
Suzuki, Ducati, Kawa, Honda... pretty much all of them.
That was NICE!

TmP
May 6th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Ordered more parts.
Quick twist throttle, Kleen air delete, mirror extenders.
YAY :D

Can't wait.
All of my stuff is in the mail somewhere.
Next weekend should be awesome.
I can bolt all my parts on the bike at once instead of little by little :D

Pretty sweet.

Any one of you guys ever been to Gratten?
Who wants to join me this summer?

//edit: YAY, pazzo levers are on the way too :D :D

ScorpionNinja
May 7th, 2010, 07:33 PM
rain tonite, rain tomorrow! 47F as the high for tomorrow? :mad:

I finally got my bikr back from the dealer today. i rode for 75miles to break in the new rear tire.

I wish i just rode home only instead! :(

It poured the whole time!!! :mad:

My Gear is soaked, i have them sitting on each furnace vents in hopes of completely drying out come morning.

Im unsure if tomorrow would be worth it, given my gear is still wet. I had a hard time seeing through my visor tonite in the rain, white knuckle ride all the way home!
I think i was wearing the Clear visor, that i tried using Rain-X on last year and the one that the inner anti-fog free coating was melted off. (I used HOT TAP WATER, as hot as tap water can get, to rinse off and clean the visor 1 yr ago)

My 'raingear' sucks, gloves/boots mainly and the visor issues in the rain.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

ScorpionNinja
May 8th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Just checked my boots and gloves, their Dry! :D

My pants and jacket are pretty dry.

Weather shows not much rain, but those 'popcorn' showers could pop up. 40% chance of rain today.

High of ONLY 48F!!! :eek:

with 40 MPH WIND GUSTS!!! :eek:

BurrBurr BURRR!

Well Im game if you guys are, we can give it a try? Call my Cell (those of you that have it, or PM for it)

Im gonna get some B-fast! :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
May 8th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Im not going. its too damn windy and cold.

ttyl

TmP
May 8th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Looks like tomorrow might work.
My wife is skyping from 11 to 2 or so.
Would be ideal to go for a ride.
Milford to Holly and back would be nice quick fun :D

Anyone interested?

Scorpio, pm me your cell, just in case.

rage42
May 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
i can make a run tomorrow

TmP
May 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Sweet!!! Where do you wanna meet?

At the McDs on 59 and Milford rd?
From there north the roads are ****!!!

rage42
May 8th, 2010, 11:16 AM
sure, and if dave or carol come, I can meet them before pontiac and lead them through.

TmP
May 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Awesome. What time? 11?

Would work for me.
I have to go to the car wash first. Little ninja is a filthy girl right now. LOL

ScorpionNinja
May 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hi, suns out now! still windy and cold.

DTE was just here.... a tree fell onto our power/cable lines 25 ft' from my house!!! :eek:

Called them at 930am this morning, cable tv and power glitched for afew secs then came back on. I looked outside at the power lines... noticed a tree slumped over, still leaning on the Lines! :confused:

Yep... from my work EXP, it was a ASH tree. Dead, core was rotted and huge carpenter ants all over. Emerald ash boar killed the skim-coating of the tree, ants move in (trees DEF's are down) and start eating and making a home in it!

So oh 645pm DTE comes finally... 930am i called em.... 7pm they finally get here? DTE blows!!! I bitched over the phone to the lady to get them over within 20mins b4 the wind helps the weight of the tree finish snapping the power lines and ****! I wouldnt be as worried if the tree wasnt 20-25 ft' from the corner of the house man!

So...

Tomorrow im working 6am till ??? 10am maybe.

Sure Id love to have us met up and do a ride out on Holly again! Dawn will come too i think.

Carol you in? You could ride Utica rd to Hall rd, and we could met up with you at Hall/Mound rd (Joe dumars fieldhouse). Then we take Hall rd out to matt & tommy! :thumbup:

Tomorrow says:

High 59F

Mostly SUNNY!

Winds 10-15 MPH.

TmP
May 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM
So we meet at 11 at the 59 McD then?
This is gonna be fun!
4 250s on middle is gonna be wild :D

ScorpionNinja
May 8th, 2010, 04:39 PM
dunno just yet tom.

I called carol and left a msg, but sure so far it looks like it'll be you,mat,dawn and I (2-up)

11am MCD's ummm sounds like a plan, but my work on weekends... 6am to 9am ish.... with these winds... if a tree or 2 came down Ill have to stay after and make sure its cut up and cleaned up b4 we can go home!

I have your number, so ill call you,matt,carol tomorrow morning as im LEAVING WORK... then ill have to get home, get dawn and i ready AND do a Bike Check! Then its gonna take some time for us to get to M59/MCDS!!!

So 11am sounds the earliest for me.

TmP
May 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Sounds like it'll work though :D

Tomorrow there shouldn't be any storms, so no fallen trees.

ScorpionNinja
May 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Oh BTW,

I bought a K&N filter off Ebay afew days ago. Got it today! :D

Free shipping, man that was fast! 2-3 days it only took!

Gonna go out now and put it in my Nate! Anyone want my old OEM filter, for a spare? :p

TmP
May 8th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks, but no thanks :p
My sportisi is in the mail :D

My Sato frame sliders came in today, but it's so damn cold, I don't feel like wrenching.

rage42
May 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM
cool, call me with a time to meet you at the squirrel lake road area

ScorpionNinja
May 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Sounds like it'll work though :D

Tomorrow there shouldn't be any storms, so no fallen trees.

Thats tomorrow, when i go into work Sun morning well have to see if any Trees FELL over today (SAT) from all those winds! :p

2 yrs ago, on 4th of July, we had 2 HUGE Willow trees uproot and fell onto one of the Greens! Had to not only cut em up and haul the trees away, but had to fix the Green. We had to bust out the sodcutter and cut a bunch of sod from our nursery, nearly used all the Greens sod up!

Then 2 weeks later we had Irrigation issues, cuz the trees deep roots, when they fell over, ****ed up and cracked the irrigation pipes (PVC 80 scale) thus Not watering that Green and it burnt up quite abit.

We got it back under control, and 2 weeks the green was healthy as it was early May! :D

So i pray the course isnt too messy Sun morning, or else Ill have to skip the ride, if all takes too long!

ScorpionNinja
May 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM
What McD's on M59? M59 and what road, about???