View Full Version : Puma 1000 Boots

gizmogamez
May 26th, 2009, 05:57 AM
So I was out last night to buy some new riding pants and ended up buying a new pair of Puma 1000's. Not a bad deal so I thought, but I realised after that they are the V1's and not the V2's. The only difference is the size of the toe slider. On the V2's the toe slider is a little bigger. I don't think this will be a big deal, but we shall see....

Anyone else have these boots? Thy seem great so far, but I might have to adjust my shift lever since i find it a little hard to get my foot in there now and it's also alot harder feeling if i even have the shift lever and how far it moves....I have missed a few shifts :S

http://www.motonekoparts.com/files/detailed/d_6732.png

Broom
May 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM
i'm starting to see a lot of these puma boots at the track. i kinda blew them off at first, but i guess they're legit.

Daeldren
May 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Look a little better than my frank thomas boots, which are a size too big for me anyways, but Im sure they will provide decent protection if you ever did fall (I hope never happens to anyone).

gizmogamez
May 26th, 2009, 10:03 AM
when it comes to my ankle I'm not worried. If I hold the boots and erally twist them they olmost don't bend at all. They gove you enough movement to ride and walk, but limit the ankles ability to move to an unsafe angle.
I'm more worried about toe wear with the smallwe toe slider on the V1's vs. the V2's...
However, the price was right for me...$330+tax CDN, the V2's are $450 and up.

CodE-E
May 26th, 2009, 10:27 AM
i'm starting to see a lot of these puma boots at the track. i kinda blew them off at first, but i guess they're legit.

Yeah, Puma are making quite a lot of motorsports clothing as of fairly recently, I think. They've got Ferrari and Ducati-branded apparel, and a bunch of shoes for car racing.

gizmogamez
May 26th, 2009, 10:38 AM
http://image.motorcyclistonline.com/f/10162983/122_0806_02_z+gear_box+ducati_puma_1000.jpg

Broom
May 26th, 2009, 11:29 AM
i wouldn't worry about the toe sliders unless you're doing a lot of mini racing. i haven't had my toes touch down yet on the 250. I can go through a set of toe sliders in one weekend on a mini bike though.

camaroz1985
May 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Mike, are you using these for racing or street riding. Chances are you will not need to worry about the toe slider for street riding.

I would like to second that Puma is stepping up and making some quality gear for motorsports. Just look around an F1 paddock.

gizmogamez
May 26th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Mike, are you using these for racing or street riding. Chances are you will not need to worry about the toe slider for street riding.

I would like to second that Puma is stepping up and making some quality gear for motorsports. Just look around an F1 paddock.

Well I bought them so I can start doing track riding. I have all the other gear I need, but the boots I had would not pass for track boots.

This is what I have as everyday boots...
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2009_Vega_Matrix_Boots_Black.jpg

But I will also feel a little better now when I go out for some harder riding with my friends. "Dress for the slide" right ;) (not that I plan on it)

aloh
May 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
ive been thinking about buying these over sidi's or alpinestars boots. They seem to offer alot more protection for about the same cost. I really like how it has alot of protection on the ankle to prevent ankle injuries in a crash.

zfbDZgWZYaU