View Full Version : Akrapovic! We need a FULL Exhaust for the 300!

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 05:03 PM
So I just found out the Honda Grom now has a full exhaust option from Akrapovic. You buy the slip-on and the titanium link pipe and have a full exhaust. The link pipe is even titanium! Arggggh!!!!!

Yet we still have no full exhaust for our 300. The new-gen 250 had one. And now the Grom? Where's my full exhaust?

Lucky Grom owners! It sounds really nice too. Just venting after seeing this video -

2iSkTUpS-FQ

Brother Michigan
November 25th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I've been watching all of RJ's videos about his Grom and it's making me think some very financially irrational thoughts...

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I've been watching all of RJ's videos about his Grom and it's making me think some very financially irrational thoughts...

Me too. I love those Groms. I'm not mad they got the exhaust as I might get a Grom for myself someday. This would be the exhaust I'd get in a heartbeat.

Oh all the bikes I lust after... so many...

ninjamunky85
November 25th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Akrapovic! We need a FULL Exhaust for the 300!

Why? so you can have an exhaust that costs half of what the bike does. Akro is way overpriced IMO. One of their full exhausts for my Husa costs over $1500 while a full ti exhaust from FMF costs only about 1/3 of that.

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Akrapovic! We need a FULL Exhaust for the 300!

Why? so you can have an exhaust that costs half of what the bike does. Akro is way overpriced IMO. One of their full exhausts for my Husa costs over $1500 while a full ti exhaust from FMF costs only about 1/3 of that.

Well if it was just standard steel like they usually do I couldn't see it costing more than $800. I think that was what the 250 full exhaust they had cost if I remember correctly.

I personally like them more than FMF, Two Brothers and Yoshimura. The can just looks nicer. No offense meant btw.

Hero Danny
November 25th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Just going to have to wait I guess.... The groms retail $3,200 off the show room floor. Started in 2013... so when can bet that in 2018 you could probably find a 5 year old grom for sub $2,000.

ninjamunky85
November 25th, 2014, 07:20 PM
c-dog Nah, the only option for the Husaberg was their ti exhaust that has the weird header with the separate expansion chamber.

Looks like this
http://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/81205907000.jpg

I prefer the look of the FMF Megabomb much more.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Jgf5xB1BL._SY355_.jpg

And definitely no offense taken btw, no worries. Anyway I won the full AreaP exhaust for my 300 and couldn't be happier. Actually if I were you I'd go with them. I don't know of any other company that shows the support like they do for a relatively small community like ours.

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Anyway I won the full AreaP exhaust for my 300 and couldn't be happier. Actually if I were you I'd go with them. I don't know of any other company that shows the support like they do for a relatively small community like ours.

Yeah I like the Area P for the most part. It's a great exhaust. I like the long quiet core muffler with the new flat end cone the best. But yet I just can't stop thinking about how nice the Akrapovic pipe looks. I know it's silly but I want the nicest looking (to me) pipe.

I might be able to grow to like the FMF or the Yoshimura. The FMF is kind of neat... I will think on it. I'm not in a rush on this. Area P is also at the top of the list right now.

Hopefully while I'm on the fence Akrapovic will come out with a Full Exhaust for my 300. I can dream at least.

JohnnyBravo
November 25th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Wouldn't trade my areaP for no akrowhatchacallit

ninjamunky85
November 25th, 2014, 09:27 PM
/KpezLupIFGQ

Ah crap o vich :lol:

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Wouldn't trade my areaP for no akrowhatchacallit

Which system do you have? Any pics? Do you like it - sound, power, engine smoothness, etc.?

I'll probably go with the Area-P Long Quiet Core version next season. I don't really like many of the other options. But if Akrapovic does a full system...

And I want a full system not a slip-on. So far I could see Area-P, Yoshimura or FMF.

JohnnyBravo
November 25th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Which system do you have? Any pics? Do you like it - sound, power, engine smoothness, etc.?

I'll probably go with the Area-P Long Quiet Core version next season. I don't really like many of the other options. But if Akrapovic does a full system...

And I want a full system not a slip-on. So far I could see Area-P, Yoshimura or FMF.

AreaP full high mount with the short can an new end cap... Sounds great, with the tuner the engine is great... I have yet to find a problem with anything. There are pics of it around here somewhere, I can load more when the sun comes up

c-dog
November 25th, 2014, 11:30 PM
AreaP full high mount with the short can an new end cap... Sounds great, with the tuner the engine is great... I have yet to find a problem with anything. There are pics of it around here somewhere, I can load more when the sun comes up

Sounds like a nice setup. I do like the new end cap they came out with.

Would like to see it when you get a chance. Did you go with carbon or stainless steel?

Bigballsofpaint
November 26th, 2014, 08:16 AM
May sound silly, but would the akro can fit on the area p header? Thats an option.

I plan to get an akro kit for my 1000, but ill be goign with area p on the 250 when the time comes.

ninjamunky85
November 26th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Here's some pics of my AreaP exhaust if you're interested.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/ninjamunky85/b05ad214-6cc0-4f2c-8d7a-e2ee563a2557_zpsc976dd86.jpg (http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/ninjamunky85/media/b05ad214-6cc0-4f2c-8d7a-e2ee563a2557_zpsc976dd86.jpg.html)

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/ninjamunky85/IMAG0394_zpsb23b39d7.jpg (http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/ninjamunky85/media/IMAG0394_zpsb23b39d7.jpg.html)

c-dog
November 26th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Here's some pics of my AreaP exhaust if you're interested.

Now that looks really nice! Thanks for the pics.

JohnnyBravo
November 26th, 2014, 06:00 PM
It is pretty sweet indeed! didn't get home in time to have no lights for pics today

slolane
November 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
That Area P looks nice! I haven't researched em much but seems like they do their homework and put out a nice product.

I like Akrapovic exhausts, have one on my FZ09, went with the full titanium and it sounds nice, the 3 cylinder is sick.

Would be nice to see an option for our 300 too. My wife and I share the 300 since I ride daily and she just some weekends so I have to get her buy in for a 300 exhaust... so far I'm doing a lot of stuff except the exhaust... happy wife, happy life.

Regarding Groms... I had a deposit on the 1st one my local dealer was getting, I hit them up before they even had a wait list put together and gave them the money right away. I pulled the plug on it last minute and bought the Ninja 300 instead for a little bit more change. A salesman at that dealer that I know very well and have purchased many bikes from over the years bought the one I was going to get, I later rode it and it's crazy fun... hard to describe, reminds me of a much nicer newer version of the Yamaha YSR50 we used to have. I'm now on the lookout for a used non-abused Grom or two, no rush but if a deal pops up I may snag em. Usually Christmas is a good time for deals... when it's cold, people aren't riding and could use the money. My dealer hasn't had em in stock all summer but are now discounting em.

c-dog
November 27th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I like Akrapovic exhausts, have one on my FZ09, went with the full titanium and it sounds nice, the 3 cylinder is sick.

They even have a full system for the FZ09? Everybody gets to have fun except us! :mad:

They must not like our Ninja 300s very much? I know a full system by Akrapovic would sell like hotcakes.

Come on Akrapovic! Step up and help us 300 owners out!

I later rode it and it's crazy fun... hard to describe, reminds me of a much nicer newer version of the Yamaha YSR50 we used to have. I'm now on the lookout for a used non-abused Grom or two, no rush but if a deal pops up I may snag em. Usually Christmas is a good time for deals... when it's cold, people aren't riding and could use the money. My dealer hasn't had em in stock all summer but are now discounting em.

I want a Grom also. It is such a cool little bike. I'm jealous that you got to ride one, as I've only got to sit on one at a dealership. A used model in a few years would be nice.

tfkrocks
November 28th, 2014, 01:57 AM
There's a good chance I would have gotten an akrapovic system had it been available. Still like my Area P though for the long quiet core option. The better looking end cap is also a nice touch :thumbup:

c-dog
November 28th, 2014, 03:32 AM
There's a good change I would have gotten an akrapovic system had it been available. Still like my Area P though for the long quiet core option. The better looking end cap is also a nice touch :thumbup:

That is the one I'd get too - the long quiet core. That newer end cap is really nice looking.

tfkrocks
November 28th, 2014, 04:06 AM
That is the one I'd get too - the long quiet core. That newer end cap is really nice looking.

Dammit, you quoted my typo haha

It's definitely a much better end cap than the original one. Not the most current bike picture I have but oh well.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/33653f3caa54639217d01596784ebfaa/tumblr_n5lxlxhwnF1qkwfsdo1_1280.jpg

c-dog
November 28th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Dammit, you quoted my typo haha

It's definitely a much better end cap than the original one. Not the most current bike picture I have but oh well.

That looks very good. I also like the offset rear rack system you are using. I will be adding storage of some kind next year as well. Thanks for the pic.

slolane
November 28th, 2014, 10:11 AM
They even have a full system for the FZ09? Everybody gets to have fun except us! :mad:

They must not like our Ninja 300s very much? I know a full system by Akrapovic would sell like hotcakes.

Come on Akrapovic! Step up and help us 300 owners out!

I want a Grom also. It is such a cool little bike. I'm jealous that you got to ride one, as I've only got to sit on one at a dealership. A used model in a few years would be nice.

Here is the FZ09 Akrapovic Titanium full exhaust (not my bike pictured as the last photo I took of mine was just before I put my exhaust on)...
http://www.fz09.org/forum/attachments/5663d1400997026-akrapovic-delayed-till-mid-march-image.jpg

I like that it sits under the bike like the stock exhaust.

The Grom is crazy fun, almost everyone I know that has one loves them. A couple people were happy for the first few miles but grew bored of it and sold. You won't be sorry if you go that route at some point. I mean we are all here on the Ninjette forum already so we know the smaller lighter bikes are a lot of fun. I put as many miles on our 300 this year as I did my FZ09.

c-dog
November 28th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Here is the FZ09 Akrapovic Titanium full exhaust

Now that is gorgeous! That can is very cool.

I don't think anyone can argue - Akrapovic makes some really nice stuff.