View Full Version : Motorcycle Clothing Web-based Survey

capt_bugaloo
May 28th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Saw this posted in another motorcycling forum...

"The Gear Up! Project has just put up a short survey to help manufacturers, safety organizations, and the Gear Up! Project to better understand the choices you've made when it comes to safety gear.

With your help, manufacturers will be encouraged to make more of the good looking, comfortable, and safe gear that you'll be most likely to wear.

Please take a couple minutes to fill this out, and, if you're on any other forums, consider encouraging the readers there to fill it out too. The more responses we get the more accurate the data will be.

Thanks in advance."

http://www.gearupproject.org/survey.html

Snake
May 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM
thanks for the link.
The females out there realy need to make their voice heard so they can have "form fitting" gear.

BlueRaven
May 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Joe Rocket has achieved an excellent form fitting gear line in my opinion. Have 2 JR jackets and i give them both a :thumbup:

Purspeed
May 28th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Just filled it out. If the information is made public and not too much for commercial purposes, I would urge riders to fill out the survey.

CC Cowboy
May 29th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Joe Rocket has achieved an excellent form fitting gear line in my opinion. Have 2 JR jackets and i give them both a :thumbup:

Pics, pics and more pics.

masukomi
May 29th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Just filled it out. If the information is made public and not too much for commercial purposes, I would urge riders to fill out the survey.

Actually, the questions that seem for "commercial purposes" are actually to help the manufacturers better interpret your suggestions for them.

For example, there's a big difference between someone who spends $100 on their gear complaining about comfort and someone who's spent $1000 on their gear. It's not that the feedback from one is more valuable than the other, it's that it should be expected that at $100 you're not going to have the most comfortable gear. But if people are spending $1000 and still uncomfortable then there's a problem.

We're getting feedback from people across the board. Some agree with our projects goal of encouraging everyone to Gear Up! Some feel that just wearing a helmet is fine. So, even if we wanted to we couldn't use the data for commercial purposes because it doesn't represent the people who will come back and support Gear Up!. It represents motorcyclists and scooterists at large, which is exactly what we were shooting for.

The females out there realy need to make their voice heard so they can have "form fitting" gear.

I am VERY happy to report that one manufacturer has already been getting preliminary results already and, because of women leaving feedback just like that, has gone back and made sure that they're new line is going to be comfortable for "real women". So yes, feedback like that is excellent. The more detailed you can get the better. "Too expensive" is a common complaint, but it would be much more useful to manufacturers if you gave them an idea of how much you were hoping to pay for a jacket, or pants, or whatever.

addy126
May 29th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Would be nice if the women's line had more choice in graphics on clothing and color selections as opposed to red/black/pink or purple... and less "stripper" lacings (does it come with a pole?) in the products :heh:

Elfling
May 29th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Would be nice if the women's line had more choice in graphics on clothing and color selections as opposed to red/black/pink or purple... and less "stripper" lacings (does it come with a pole?) in the products :heh:

But.. I like stripper lacings!!! :( It's also an easy way to make something fit well- corset-style lacings are perfect for adjusting to curves.

smcbride11
May 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM
But.. I like stripper lacings!!!

+1 :D

My big complaint is that it's tough to find gear for us short, squat type guys. Thanks for the link - maybe this means I'll be able to buy brands other than A* and have them fit properly! (Not that I dislike A*, but ya know, choice is a pretty good thing)

Elfling
May 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, it's hard when you have a short inseam. I've resigned myself to having to alter any pants I buy somehow.

Sent the survey to the BF to take too.

IlBLisSlI
May 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
my number one issue living in Florida is that i don't think there is enough quality gear out there that has the ability to keep you properly cooled while still providing great protection. i'm personally an AGATT person but so many bikers I've spoken with say that's the #1 reason they don't bother with gear.

capt_bugaloo
May 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM
When I was riding home from work yesterday I saw a guy wearing jeans, sneakers and a sleeveless T-shirt.

It was about 60 Fahrenheit - jeez, dude, aren't you cold?? I'd be freezing my arse off!

addy126
May 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
But.. I like stripper lacings!!! :( It's also an easy way to make something fit well- corset-style lacings are perfect for adjusting to curves.

LOL Elfling....... each to their own.... just too much work lacing up and straddling the bike.... doesnt it interfere with the "sport position".. a little binding persay? :eek:

Elfling
May 30th, 2009, 06:00 AM
my number one issue living in Florida is that i don't think there is enough quality gear out there that has the ability to keep you properly cooled while still providing great protection. i'm personally an AGATT person but so many bikers I've spoken with say that's the #1 reason they don't bother with gear.

Honestly? My boyfriend and I ride in full leathers. It's not bad. I don't imagine we'll be riding in mid-day in August, but then..nobody does much of anything outside at that time in Florida. Go early, go late, avoid the highest hours of the sun.

capt_bugaloo
May 30th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Sure it's not bad - as long as you keep moving. Out on the open road you're fine; it's the stops in the city that make you roast in your leathers.

CC Cowboy
May 30th, 2009, 03:38 PM
If the ladies really wanted form fitting they would have asked me to take measurements. As it was I just told the companies to make them look hot (how did I know they thought temperature).

Elfling
May 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM
If the ladies really wanted form fitting they would have asked me to take measurements. As it was I just told the companies to make them look hot (how did I know they thought temperature).

YOU! You're so gonna pay for that. :mad:

;)