View Full Version : Love of my Life

n4t
May 28th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Nothing much to add. Removed signals, installed targa fender eliminator kit, removed reflectors lol and that's it. The next free modification will be removing the rear footpegs and maybe removing the fabric from rear seat and fiberglassing over it rather than spending $100+ on a cowl. But anyways here she is.

n4t
May 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Also on the targa kit, I haven't yet put on the border plates, so it does look a little rough around the tail light.

OldGuy
May 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Nice ride Tim - have fun.

kkim
May 28th, 2009, 09:36 PM
nice bike.:thumbup:

but I've got to ask... how do you signal for turns? :confused:

Sound Wave
May 28th, 2009, 10:44 PM

+ 1. i was thinking the same thing.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/sound_wavez/right_turn.gifhttp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/sound_wavez/left_turn.gif :confused:

if you ever do your fiberglass seat mod, be sure to post it up! :thumbup:

bogdanb
May 28th, 2009, 11:03 PM

+1. Is that legal ?

kkim
May 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM
+1. Is that legal ?

Using hand signals to indicate turns is legal in Hawaii. I don't know if that holds true for all other states.

n4t
May 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/sound_wavez/right_turn.gifhttp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/sound_wavez/left_turn.gif

^^^ Exactly. Flicker my brake light to get there attention, the signals are so damn small you would be amazed at how many people don't even pay any attention to them. Plus they looked retarded. And I talked to a few cops out here, technically you're supposed to have signals but I guess it must not be too big of a deal. Also, Sound Wave, I will be sure to post it once I get around to it.

Snake
May 29th, 2009, 04:47 AM
You have a fine looking ride there.

Elfling
May 29th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Nice and sleek :)

SpyderGirl
May 29th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Just put some flush mounts on the tail on either side, that would look pretty slick and keep you legal. Just a thought.

n4t
May 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Just removed full left rear peg and bracket and right rear peg so just the exhaust bracket it on. About to see about fiberglassing the rear seat. I'll let y'all know how that goes. Also, I would get some flush mounts but I don't feel like doin all the splicing and **** lol. I might eventually just replace the whole tail with the hotbodies and just mount some led's. For now I'm going to stick with free :)

Broom
May 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
In Texas it's legal to have no signals, but if you do have signals, they must work to be legal. In otherwords, if you have non functional signals, it's illegal. If you have no signals it's legal. Go figure.

I don't have any on my dual sport and don't miss them much. I still use hand signals along with the lights anyways... No one sees the lights usually.
Posted via Mobile Device

n4t
May 30th, 2009, 07:13 PM
So last night me and my brother stayed up until 6am doing a cheap spraypaint paintjob on my bike. Surprisingly it came out flawless... I think we should start our own business :) 600 dollars a bike, and only 5 bucks a can :thumbup:

Alex
May 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Nice!

Buffalony
May 31st, 2009, 09:00 AM
Awesome. I photo shopped that scheme up a while ago. Its satisfying to see it on an actual bike. Personally I wouldve painted a little more of the fairing to just leave that front hook. but there is another tough line to deal with at the upper front below the turn signal. Looks great though. Reminds me of the GOW bike :)

n4t
May 31st, 2009, 10:02 PM
Well the way I did it, it lines up perfectly with the tail. I'm not done with it completely I'm doing the front black as well, also tinting the windscreen and the headlight. Debating on whether or not to paint the front wheel red. And the best part about it... all DIY :)

miks
May 31st, 2009, 11:05 PM
Very nice. What kind of prep work was needed to do that? Was it hard? Are you a pro spray can user?

More questions when I think of more :D

NewRider12
June 1st, 2009, 04:15 AM
take some pics out in the sun!

n4t
June 1st, 2009, 08:18 PM
Very nice. What kind of prep work was needed to do that? Was it hard? Are you a pro spray can user?

More questions when I think of more :D

Just removed the fairings and sanded off the gloss. I thought it was gonna be a lot harder to sand than it was but it didn't end up being to bad. I put about 4-5 coats on each fairing to give it that smooth look. I might look at myself as a pro :) Though I can't take all the credit, my bro did some of the work as well.

take some pics out in the sun!

I plan on it, I've been looking for an awesome place to take awesome pictures but I work every day so it's hard to get around to. I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays but it's supposed to rain this Friday afternoon unfortunately (been raining the past few weeks on and off) so I won't be able to take pics. Though Saturday, it should be clear so I'm going to try for then. I will most definately post them all up :thumbup: I might be taking some with my brother too. He has a GSXR not sure what year I think it's an 06.

n4t
June 2nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
Here are some pics I took today in the sun lol, I photoshopped a couple.

xTKx
June 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
I'm not gonna lie bro, I think I'm going to do the same w/ my bike! LOL :D

I've been looking around for some nice vinyl/decals and haven't found anything that I really like (that keeps the whole red/black color scheme going). This, by far, is the coolest DIY color scheme I think I've EVER seen for the red bikes! :thumbup:

....so I just sand off the gloss and give it about 5-6 coats of paint, right?!...

xTKx
June 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Awesome. I photo shopped that scheme up a while ago. Its satisfying to see it on an actual bike...

Did you post that here Joe? I knew it looked familiar somewhere! :)

Buffalony
June 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Did you post that here Joe? I knew it looked familiar somewhere! :)

I've been toying with this idea for months now. I have created alot of diff combos for just plain black vinyl.I used paint.net and have lots of different layers set up so i can pick and choose how i want to see the bike.
heres a couple.

xTKx
June 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
I just remember someone posting something in the pics category a while back ago that had several different photoshopped pics of different color patterns similar to what you posted above, but they had it numbered also (like a "color by number"). I thought that's the post you were referring to...

I looked around for it and couldn't find it...

Jiu Jitsu Player
June 3rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
What type of paint did you use? How did the texture turn out? Are there any bubbles or spots or anything?

n4t
June 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Krylon Rust Tough Semi-Flat. No bubbles at ALL. Like I said it is FLAWLESS :) Btw, Buffalony, what did you use to tint your headlight?

Buffalony
June 4th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Krylon Rust Tough Semi-Flat. No bubbles at ALL. Like I said it is FLAWLESS :) Btw, Buffalony, what did you use to tint your headlight?

:D Tim. Those arent real. read the post bro.:D

I have a boat load of different sections in layers in a program like photoshop called paint.net. Everything black in the pics are fake. Every area thats black is a different section in the program that I can add or remove to see what different combinations look like.
If you look close you can see the lines arent perfect cause I didnt spend to much time on it. I'd just squint my eyes alittle to get a good general idea of how each combination would look.:D

lol. I even simulated smoked turn signals, blacked out individual bolts, blacked out the calipers and made the fairing openings all black. I guess I could do different colors. Dont know if it would look good though :o

I do have a light smoke "scratch-on" cover that I havent put on yet. :(
They have a dark smoke thats really dark.

n4t
June 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
oh I feel dumb :doh: Btw would you be able to send me that program?

Buffalony
June 5th, 2009, 10:26 AM
No prob.

Legal Poor mans photoshop:
http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

BTW Theres a ton of free plugins for it available in their forums.

NewRider12
June 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
^^great software..and great alternative to photoshop..with all the plugins and fonts you can add it basically is a equal to the earlier models of ps

n4t
June 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Haven't quite figured it out yet hehe, I'm still using Photo Explosion Deluxe

Buffalony
June 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Then If you want me to fool around with a photo I can.